Union Public Service Commission will declare Final UPSC CDS (1) 2017 Result at upsc.gov.in. 8548 candidates had qualified on the basis of the results of the written exam of Combined Defence Services Examination (I) 2017 conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on February 5, 2017 and have appeared for SSB interviews held by the Services Selection Board of the Ministry of Defence for admission to the 144th Course of Indian Military Academy, Dehradun; Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala and Air Force Academy, Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) Training Course. UPSC and selection bodies decide UPSC CDS Cut Off at each stage of the selection process. Written exam result indicates the candidates who are eligible for interviews for admission in IMA, INA, AFA, OTA.
Latest News: UPSC CDS 1 Final Result 2017 will be announced officially by UPSC. Keep checking latest news on this page.
UPSC CDS (1) 2017 Result
CDS Result 2017 – Result of Combined Defence Services Examination (1) 2017, held on 05.02.2017, are declared at upsc.gov.in. Cut offs usually vary between 85-105. As the number of test takers is quite large, it takes the Union Public Service Commission, some time to announce CDS Results of Written Exam. After CDS 2017 written exam on 5 February, UPSC announced the result on 20 March. UPSC CDS 2017 Final Result will be announced at the official website of Union Public Service Commission. Candidate must be aware of his / her roll number as the result file will probably include only roll numbers of qualified candidates.
|Important event related to UPSC CDS I, 2017||Dates|
|UPSC CDS 1 2017 exam||February 5, 2017|
|UPSC CDS 1 2017 Written Exam Result||March 20, 2017|
|UPSC CDS 1 2017 Final Result – IMA, INA, AFA||Will be announced|
|UPSC CDS 1 2017 Final Result – OTA||Will be announced|
UPSC CDS (1) 2017 Final Result
Based on the final result of UPSC CDS 1 2017, a total of 463 vacancies will be filled. Name of courses and approximate vacancies are as follows.
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun – 144th (DE) Course commencing in January, 2018 [Including 19 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders].||150|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – Course commencing in January, 2018 Executive (General Service) [including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders (Naval Wing)].||45|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in February, 2018 i.e. No. 203 F(P) Course.||32|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai—107th SSC(Men)(NT) Course commencing in April, 2018.||225 (including 50 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ certificate holders to NCC Spl. Entry)|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai-21st SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in April, 2018.||11|
UPSC CDS (1) 2017 Result of Written Exam
UPSC conducted CDS exam on 5th February 2017. Today, on 20th March 2017, UPSC has announced UPSC CDS 2017 Written Exam Result according to which 8548 candidates qualify for interviews.
A few days earlier, on 17th March 2017 Press Information Bureau had published an article on PIB website with headline “Combined Defence Services Examination (I)-2017 Declaration of Written Result“. Along with that they also uploaded result file. A few hours later, PIB removed the news article. However, they kept result file uploaded on website. According to preliminary overview, result on PIB website (17 March) appears to be same as result on UPSC website (20 March).
We advice you to now refer to only UPSC CDS 2017 Written Exam Result of UPSC. You can see that here on this page.
Union Public Service Commission conducted the Combined Defence Services Examination I, 2017 on February 5, 2017. CDS (I) Exam 2017 has been held for admission to (i) Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 144th course commencing in January 2018 (ii) Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala course commencing in January 2018 (iii) Air Force Academy, Hyderabad (pre-Flying) Training course commencing in January 2018 (iv) Officers Training Academy Chennai 107th SSC Course for men commencing in April 2018 (v) Officers Training Academy, Chennai 21th SSC Women Non-technical Course commencing in April 2018.
The selected candidates whose Roll Numbers are on the list are qualified for being interviewed by the Service Selection Board of the Ministry of Defence.
Check UPSC CDS (I) 2017 Written Exam Result
If the above window does not load, click here for UPSC CDS (I) 2017 Written Exam Result.
UPSC CDS 2017 Result at PIB
PIB has removed the notice of result. You can see archived page here.
Screenshot of news article at Press Information Bureau.
Expected cut off for UPSC CDS (1) 2017 Result
The Result for UPSC CDS (I) 2017 Written Result has been announced but the exact cut-off marks shall be intimidated by UPSC after the declaration of Final Result. Although, the expected cut-off for the Written Exam is provided in the table below.
|Academy||Written Exam Cut Off (expected)|
How to check Result?
- UPSC CDS (I) 2017 Result of written exam is published as a PDF file containing roll numbers of candidates who have qualified for being interviewed by the Service Selection Board of the Ministry of Defence.
- Click the link given above and simply open the PDF file in your browser.
- Ctrl+F (if using Windows) or Command+F (if using Mac) and type your roll number. If your roll number is in the list, that means you have qualified.
After declaration of UPSC CDS (1) 2017 Result
Candidates can know through the list whether they have been shortlisted for further rounds of selection. Their candidature is provisional. Instructions for candidates who have qualified as per the UPSC CDS (1) 2017 Result of Written Exam are given below.
- In accordance with the conditions of the admission to the examination, they are required to submit the original certificates in support of age (date of birth), educational qualifications, NCC (C) (Army Wing/Senior Division Air Wing/Naval Wing) etc. claimed by them, alongwith attested copies of thereof, to
- Army Headquarters, A.G.’s Branch/Rtg./CDSE Entry Section for males and SSC Women Entry Section for women candidates,
- West Block-III, Ground Floor, Wing 1, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066 in case of IMA/SSC as their first choice,
- IHQ of MoD (Navy), DMPR (OI & R Section), Room No. 204, ‘C’-Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011 in case of Navy as their first choice,
- PO 3 (A) Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110011 in case of Air Force as their first choice.
- The original Certificates are to be submitted within two weeks of completion of the SSB Interview and not later than 13th November 2017 for AFA and not later than 1st January 2018 for IMA and not later than 1st January 2018 for admission to Indian Naval Academy. The candidates must not send the original Certificates to the Union Public Service Commission.
Number of candidates shortlisted for SSB interviews
The number of candidates being shortlisted for SSB interview, on the basis of UPSC CDS (1) Result 2017 of Written Exam is determined by the cut off and various other factors. In the past two years, around 8000 – 10000 candidates have been shortlisted each time for SSB interviews based on the result of Combined Defence Services written exam. UPSC shortlisted 8548 candidates as having qualified for being interviewed by the Service Selection Board of the Ministry of Defence last exam.
Candidates who obtain minimum qualifying cut off marks in the CDS written exam will be called for further rounds of selection process. The UPSC CDS (1) 2017 cut off shall be as determined by the Commission. Officially the CDS cut offs are published for past admission sessions are given here for your reference.
Minimum qualifying marks in each subject were 20 (20%) in CDS (I) 2015.
Cut Off For Written Exam
|CDS Cut Off||CDS I 2015||CDS II 2014||CDS I 2014||CDS II 2013||CDS I 2013||CDS II 2012|
|OTA for Men||86||86||78||76||72||76|
|OTA for Women||86||86||78||76||72||76|
If you have any queries regarding UPSC CDS 1 Result, please ask in comments below.