UPSC IES Previous Year Papers: The direct links to download UPSC IES Question Papers are provided on this page. Candidates who are participating in the UPSC IES exam can obtain the previous year question papers from here to aid in their preparations. Candidates appearing for the current examination must solve the previous year papers to get familiar with the paper pattern and type of questions that are asked in the exam. In this article, we have provided some links to the previous year’s question papers along with the importance of previous papers. Read below to know more about the UPSC IES Previous Year Papers.
UPSC IES Previous Year Papers
UPSC IES previous year papers are given below for objective & conventional type exam papers. These question papers can be very useful if aspirants are preparing for the engineering services for the first time. The UPSC engineering services previous year question papers are available on the official website of UPSC. Some question papers are also provided for download from this page. Candidates can download these papers and start solving them so as to solve maximum papers before the final exam.
UPSC IES Previous Year Papers (Subject-wise)
The below-provided links are for question papers of different sections of the UPSC IES examination from the year 2013 to 2020.
- General Ability Test
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Importance of UPSC IES Previous Year Papers
For the candidates who are appearing for the upcoming engineering services exams, the previous year question papers can be a helping hand in the preparation for the exam. There are numerous benefits to solving the previous year’s papers. Some of these are given below.
- Solving the UPSC Engineering Services Previous Year Question Papers helps the candidates in knowing the exam pattern that is followed for the examination.
- The previous year papers tell a lot about the trends that are being followed by the exam officials in setting the paper.
- Candidates come to know about the type of questions that are asked in the examination.
- The questions from the previous year question papers help the candidates in practising with the genuine material that has already been put up in the examination in the past years.
Structure of the UPSC IES Question Paper
The question paper of UPSC IES is like any other UPSC examination. Here is what the UPSC IES question paper looks like:
1. There are instructions at the beginning of the UPSC IES question paper. Read the instructions carefully as it is important to take the examination.
2. Paper-I has objective type questions. Each question has 4 options and out of these 4 candidates have to select a correct option.
How to Download UPSC IES Previous Year Papers From Website?
Candidates who wishes to download the question papers from the UPSC website can follow the instructions below.
1st step: Go to the UPSC website, upsc.gov.in.
2nd step: Click on the ‘examination’ link.
3rd step: A drop down list will appear having an option ‘previous year examination’.
4th step: Search for the examination ‘engineering services’.
5th step: Download the question paper by clicking on the links provided.
About UPSC IES
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the examination for IES for the service of civil, mechanical, electrical, and electronics and telecommunications engineering. Applicants with a graduate degree in engineering from any recognized university are eligible to apply for IES. Candidate’s age must be of a minimum of 21 years and a maximum of 30 years for IES. Candidates have to clear the preliminary examination, main examination and personality test to it make to the final merit list.
The UPSC Engineering Services Previous Year Question Papers are available for download. Get all the UPSC Engineering Services Previous Year Question Papers from this page.