UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist 2019 – UPSC has released admit card for UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist 2019. Check the schedule on this page. Earlier, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) released the UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist Application Form 2019 and Information Brochure of UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist 2019 on upsconline.nic.in. The examination of UPSC Geologist and Geo-scientist 2019 will be conducted from June 28 to 30, 2019. The recruitment will be done for the various posts of Geologist and Geoscientist. From this article, candidates will get the full update regarding UPSC Geologist and Geo-scientist 2019.
UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist 2019
The candidate’s selection will be done on the basis of written examination and interview. For more information regarding UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist 2019 check the schedule given below.
|UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist 2019||Important Date|
|Start Date for Receipt of Applications||20 Mar 2019|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications||16 Apr 2019 (Till 6:00 PM)|
|The release of Admit card||2nd week of June|
|Exam Date||28 to 30 Jun 2019|
|Result Date||To be Announced|
|DAF Start and End Date||To be Announced|
|Personal Interview||To be Announced|
|Final Result||To be Announced|
Exam Schedule Released for UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist 2019
UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist Application Form 2019
In the application form candidates should provide the valid details. In the online application form candidates have to personal, contact, educational, qualification details and have to upload scanned passport size photograph and signature. The candidates who will submit the form until the last date those form will be excepted only.
Application Fee: Rs. 200 (Gen & OBC) | Rs. Nil (SC/ ST/ PWD & Women)
Mode of Payment: Candidates can make the examination fee payment by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by Visa/Master/RuPay Credit/Debit Card or can also deposit the money in any Branch of SBI by cash.
UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form candidates should first read the eligibility criteria. The candidates who found ineligible at any stage of the recruitment process those will be eliminated from the further process. Check the entire detail of eligibility criteria from below.
- Candidate must hold the citizenship of India. or
- The candidate must be a subject of Nepal/Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 01, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from countries namely; Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African, Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the purpose of permanently settling in India.
- The candidate’s age should not be less than 21 and more than 32 as on January 01, 2019.
- Upper Age Relaxation up to 7 years for the Government employees working in the Geological Survey of India and have applied for the post of Geologist Group ‘A’ and Geophysicist Group ‘ A’ will be given.
- For OBC Candidate relaxation up to a maximum of 3 years
- For SC/ST, Ex-Serviceman and ECOs/SSCOs Candidate age relaxation up to a maximum of 5 years is given.
- For domiciled J&K Candidate relaxation up to a maximum of 5 years(January 01, 1980 to December 31, 1989)
- For Physically Handicapped Candidate relaxation up to a maximum of 10 years.
- For Geologists Group ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India, a candidate should have Master degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource management or Oceanography or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geophysical Technology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or an educational institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed university
- For Geophysicist Gr ‘A ‘ in Geological Survey of India, a candidate should have M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India or other educational institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed universities under the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist Admit Card 2019
The candidates who submitted the online application form on time for those only admit card for written examination has been issued. Admit Card is made available on the official website. For each stage of the examination separate admit card has been released. Admit Card containing the name of the candidates, roll number, exam name, exam center name, father’s name, center code, center address, the timing of exam etc. For all the candidates it will be mandatory to carry a hard copy of the admit card and one valid photo id proof.
UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist 2019 Exam Pattern
Candidates applying for the examination must know about the exam pattern. From the exam pattern candidates got to know about the exam timing, exam name, question types, marks etc. Check the detailed examination pattern of UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist 2019 from below.
- Mode of Exam: Offline
- Exam Duration: 02 hrs
- Examination Language: English
- Type of Exam: Conventional
|For Category 1, 2, 3 and 4 (Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist, Jr. Hydrogeologist)||Marks|
|General Studies (common for all category)||100 Marks|
|Paper I, II and III will be based on the Category for which you have applied||Marks|
|Geology Paper I||200 Marks|
|Geology Paper II||200 Marks|
|Geology Paper III||200 Marks|
UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist 2019 Syllabus
Before starting the preparation candidates should first read the syllabus. From the syllabus candidates, got to know about the topics names from which the questions will be asked. Check the entire syllabus from below.
UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist 2019 Selection Process
At first, the written examination will be conducted, the candidates who will qualify the written examination by scoring minimum qualifying marks those will be shortlisted for the next round i.e. Personal Interview (PI). The candidates who will qualify the PI round those will be finally selected for the applied post.
UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist Result 2019
After the successful conduction of the examination, UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist Result 2019 will be declared. At first result for the written examination will be declared then after the conduction of the PI final result will be declared. The result will be made available on the official website and it will be purely based on the performance of the candidates. The result will contain the name and roll number of qualified candidates.
For more Infomation regarding UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist 2019 Download Advertisement.
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in