|Graduate Management Admission Test||Apply Now on Official GMAT Exam Website|
BPSC Civil Services 2017 / Bihar IAS 2017 – Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) has issued a notification for BPSC Common Combined Examination 2017 for recruitment to the various posts under Bihar Administrative Services, Bihar Police Services, Bihar Financial Services, Bihar Probation Service, and other associated departments. Candidates can check all the information related to BPSC Civil Services 2017 / Bihar IAS 2017 on this page like application form, important dates, eligibility criteria, admit card, etc.
BPSC Civil Services 2017 / Bihar IAS 2017
Interested candidates can apply online as per the given schedule. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying, which is available on the official website or on this page.
|Registration Starting Date||13 Nov 2017|
|Last Date of registration|
|Online Fee submission last date|
|Last date of online application|
|Last date to submit hard copy of form and challan|
|Exam Date||To be announced|
|Admit Card issue date||To be announced|
|Result date||To be announced|
Official website of Bihar Public Service Commission: www.bpsc.bih.nic.in
Total No. of Post – 355
- Bihar Administrative Service – 31 Posts
- Bihar Police Service- 06 Posts
- Bihar Financial Services- 123 Posts
- Employment officer- 03 Posts
- Inspectorate Prisons serve- 09 Posts
- Bihar Registration Service- 16 Posts
- Bihar Labour Service- 11 Posts
- Assistant Registrar – 01 Posts
- Revenue Officer – 19 Posts
- Product Inspector -13 Posts
- Labor Enforcement Officer – 123 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs. 9300 – 34800/-
Candidate should have completed Graduation or equivalent from a recognized university.
- For unreserved Category – Age should not be greater than 37 years for Males and 40 years for Females.
- For OBC (Male & Female) Category – Age should not be greater than 40 years.
- For SC / ST (Male & Female) Category – Age should not be greater than 42 years.
- Minimum age should be 20 years for Bihar Police Service, District Commandant, and Product.
- Minimum age should be 22 years for rest of the post.
Physical Ability (For Bihar Police & District Commandant)
- Height –
- For Others Not at least 5 ft 5 inches
- For SC / ST at least 5 ft 3 inches
- For Females at least 5 ft 2 inches
- Chest (without expansion)-
- For Others at least 32 inches
- For SC / ST at least 31 inches
- For SC / ST candidates from Bihar – Rs. 200/-
- For Others – Rs. 750/-
How to Apply
- First candidates have to fill the application form.
- Second candidates have to pay the application fee.
- Written examination (Preliminary Examination) will be of objective type and Time duration of the will be 2 hrs.
- Maximum Marks – 150
- Questions in the written examination will be from General Science, Indian History, Bihar History, Rivers of Bihar, National Movement and the contribution of the Bihar in National Movement and Economic condition of Bihar at the time of Independence.
- Questions to check general mentality ability will also there.
Selection process consisting of :
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
Candidates shortlisted after the application process will have to appear in the preliminary examination. Candidates those are eligible for Preliminary Examination will get admit card. Date and the venue of the Preliminary Examination will be given on the Admit Card.
Candidates who will qualify the Preliminary Examination will go for the second round,i.e, Mains Examination. At the time of filing of the application, candidates have to choose one subject from the given subjects for Mains Examination.
Candidates who will qualify the Main Examination will be called for Interview.
Final selection of the candidates will be based on the performance of the candidates in the Preliminary Examination, Mains Examination, and Interview.