BPSC Civil Services 2018 / Bihar IAS 2017 – 2018 Main Exam- Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) has released the notification for the Civil Services (63rd CCE) Main examination. The application process for the mian examination will start from October 15, 2018. The candidates have to apply online till November 06, 2018. But the last date to submit application fee ends earlier. The candidates have to make payments before or on October 31, 2018. The prelims examination conducted on July 01, 2018. And the result for the prelims was declared on September 08, 2018. As of now the dates of the main examination has not been announced yet. Get here all the details of BPSC Civil Services 2018.
Latest: The Interview schedule for 60th to 62nd Common Combined Competitive Examination has been released. Click here to check the same.
BPSC Civil Services 2018 / Bihar IAS 2018 Prelim Exam
Interested candidates can apply online as per the given schedule. Now all the qualifiers of the prelims examination are able to apply for the main examination.
|Events||63rd CCE (Mains)|
|Commencement of online Application||15 Oct 2018|
|Last date to fill online application||06 Nov 2018|
|Last date to submit an application fee||31 Oct 2018|
|The deadline to submit the printout of online application through post||20 Nov 2018|
|Availability of admit card for the examination||To be announced|
|Conduction of the main examination||To be announced|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
|Events||63rd CCE (Prelims)||60th & 62nd CCE (Mains)|
|Registration Starting Date||13 Nov 2017||22 Dec 2017|
|Last Date of registration||11 Dec 2017||12 Feb 2018|
|Online Fee submission last date||11 Dec 2017||12 Feb 2018|
|Last date of online application||15 Dec 2017||16 Feb 2018|
|Last date to submit the hard copy of form and challan||22 Dec 2017||26 Feb 2018|
|Admit Card issue date||19 to 29 Jun 2018||18 Apr 2018|
|Exam Date||01 Jul 2018||27 Apr to 04 May 2018|
|Result date||08 Sep 2018||02 Nov 2018|
Official Notice of BPSC Civil Services 2018
Application Form of BPSC Civil Services 2018
The application process of BPSC Civil Services 63 Combined Main Examination will start on the given date. The candidates have to fill the application form before the last day. Apart from applying online, the candidates should have to send the printout of the application form to Commission. For completing the application for the candidates need to submit the fee. The application fee for BPSC Civil Services main examination is as follows.
- For unreserved candidates the application fee is Rs. 750/-.
- For reserved category candidate of Bihar, the application fee is Rs. 200/-.
Mode of payment
The candidates can use the Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking Details for submitting the application fee.
Vacancy Details of BPSC Civil Services 2018
63rd CCE (Prelims)
Total No. of Post – 355
- Bihar Administrative Service – 31 Posts
- Bihar Police Service- 06 Posts
- Bihar Financial Services- 123 Posts
- Employment officer- 03 Posts
- Inspectorate Prisons serve- 09 Posts
- Bihar Registration Service- 16 Posts
- Bihar Labour Service- 11 Posts
- Assistant Registrar – 01 Posts
- Revenue Officer – 19 Posts
- Product Inspector -13 Posts
- Labor Enforcement Officer – 123 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs. 9300 – 34800/-
60th & 62nd CCE (Mains)
Total No. of Post – 642
Eligibility Criteria of BPSC Civil Services 2018
Candidate should have completed Graduation or equivalent from a recognized university.
- For unreserved Category – Age should not be greater than 37 years for Males and 40 years for Females.
- For OBC (Male & Female) Category – Age should not be greater than 40 years.
- For SC / ST (Male & Female) Category – Age should not be greater than 42 years.
- Minimum age should be 20 years for Bihar Police Service, District Commandant, and Product.
- Minimum age should be 22 years for the rest of the post.
Physical Ability (For Bihar Police & District Commandant)
- Height –
- For Others Not at least 5 ft 5 inches
- For SC / ST at least 5 ft 3 inches
- For Females at least 5 ft 2 inches
- Chest (without expansion)-
- For Others at least 32 inches
- For SC / ST at least 31 inches
Admit Card for BPSC Civil Services 2018
The candidates who will fill the form in time will be able to download the admit card for the main examination. The BPSC will release the admit card on its official website at bpsc.bih.nic.in. The candidates have to download the admit card from the official website of BPSC by entering the login credentails such as roll number and date of birth.
Exam Pattern of BPSC Civil Services 2018
The candidates should know the examination pattern before appearing in the examination. Here the examination patterns of Prelims and mains are given here. As the prelims examination are over so the next step of recruitment is the main examination.
Exam Patten of 63rd CCE (Prelims)
- Written examination (Preliminary Examination) was of an objective type and Time duration of the was of 2 hrs.
- Maximum Marks – 150
- Questions in the written examination were asked from General Science, Indian History, Bihar History, Rivers of Bihar, National Movement and the contribution of the Bihar in National Movement and Economic condition of Bihar at the time of Independence.
- Questions to check general mental ability was also there.
Exam pattern of 63rd CCE (Mains)
- Written Exam will be consist of three subjects question papers.
- General Hindi (01)
- General Studies (02)
- Selective subject
Both subjects (General Hindi and General Studies) are compulsory subjects.
Selected subjects are given below.
- General Hindi (01): 100 Marks
- General Studies (02): (Two papers) 300 Marks for each paper
- Selective subject: 300 Marks
- Minimum Marks: 120 Marks
- Time Period: 3 Hrs for each subject
Result of BPSC Civil Services 2018
After completion of the examination, the Commission will declare the result on the official website i.e. bpsc.bih.nic.in. The candidates who will appear in the examination will able to check the result form the officail website by entring the login credentails if BPSC decalres the result thrpigh login. If BPSC announces result through pdf then there is no requirement of login credentials there.
Selection Process of BPSC Civil Services 2018
Selection process consisting of :
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
Candidates shortlisted after the application process will have to appear in the preliminary examination. Candidates those are eligible for Preliminary Examination will get admit card. Date and the venue of the Preliminary Examination will be given on the Admit Card.
Candidates who will qualify the Preliminary Examination will go for the second round,i.e, Mains Examination. At the time of filing of the application, candidates have to choose one subject from the given subjects for Mains Examination.
Candidates who will qualify the Main Examination will be called for Interview.
Final selection of the candidates will be based on the performance of the candidates in the Preliminary Examination, Mains Examination, and Interview.
Official website of Bihar Public Service Commission: www.bpsc.bih.nic.in