MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022: Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission is conducting the MPPSC AE 2022 exam. The admit card for MPPSC SES 2022 will be available on the official website, mppsc.mp.gov.in. The application process for MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022 was commenced on January 30, and the last date to apply was March 01, 2022. The MPPSC SES exam is conducted every year to recruit aspirants for the post of Assistant Engineer in various departments of the state of Madhya Pradesh. The MPPSC AE exam is conducted in two phases: Offline examination, and the Interview phase. Candidates who possess an Engineering degree or AMIE certification are eligible to apply for the exam. Read this article to learn more regarding the MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022.
Latest: MPPSC issues the admit card for MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022. Check details here
MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022
The MPPSC informs all the candidates regarding the schedule of the MPPSC AE recruitment 2022 by making press releases on their official website. MPPSC AE total vacancy is 21 for Assistant Engineer (Civil and Electrical) posts. Important dates related to the MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022 exam are provided in the table below.
|Release of notification||30 Dec 2021|
|Application window opens||30 Jan 2022|
|Application deadline||01 Mar 2022|
|Submission of corrections in the application form begins||05 Feb 2022|
|Submission of corrections in the application form deadline||03 Mar 2022|
|Release of admit card||To be announced|
|MPPSC AE Exam Date||To be announced|
- Application Form
- Application Form Correction
- Exam Date
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
- Exam Preparation
- Cut Offs
- Previous Year Question Paper
Overview of MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022
Since the MPPSC SES exam is competitive in nature, candidates must know every detail regarding the exam. For this purpose, we have provided an overview of the exam in this article.
|Name of exam||State Engineering Services Exam|
|Conducting Body||Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Minimum Eligibility||Engineering degree/ AMIE certificate|
|Key Stages||Offline exam and Interview|
|Application Fee||OBC/SC/ST/PwD from Madhya Pradesh- Rs. 250/-Others- Rs. 500/-|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022 Exam Pattern
The MPPSC AE written examination consists of two papers: Section A and Section B. Both the papers have different exam patterns. The Interview stage of the examination has its own unique pattern as well. Candidates can learn more about the exam pattern of the State Engineering Services exam below.
- Written Examination
- Type of exam- objective-type multiple-choice
- Subjects- Section A and Section B
- Maximum marks- 450 marks
- Number of Questions- 150 questions
- Language- English and Hindi (English only for Section B)
- Duration- 3 hours
- Interview- It carries a maximum weightage of 50 marks.
Syllabus of MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022
The MPPSC has declared the exam plan and syllabus of the MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022 through the website. Check out the MPPSC AE Syllabus below.
Syllabus of Prelims
- History, culture, and literature of MP
- Geography of MP
- Politics and economy of MP
- Current events of International, National, and MP
- Information and Communication Technology
MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022 Preparation
To clear the MPPSC SES exam successfully, candidates have to use a sound preparation strategy. Candidates must also prepare appropriate study material before beginning their exam preparations. Check out the preparation tips given below to prepare efficiently for the exam.
- Strengthen your weak areas- Before beginning your studies, do a SWOT analysis of the entire syllabus first. Understand your weaknesses and revise those weak areas thoroughly. For example, many candidates struggle with the current affairs of the section, hence, they must stay up to date with the latest news.
- For a time management strategy- While solving the paper, allot fixed time for solving each section of the paper. Solve those questions which you can answer within 10 seconds first and solve the difficult questions later.
- Solve previous year’s question papers- Candidates can use the MPPSC AE previous year’s question papers from the official website of the Commission to understand the exam pattern. Experts have said that candidates can also solve other Engineering competitive exam papers such as the previous year’s GATE exam papers to prepare for Section B since the concepts are more or less the same.
- Focus on theory- Candidates have a tendency to focus on numerical questions for the AE exam. However, instead of studying for numerical questions, candidates must focus more on theoretical and conceptual questions. Practice solving questions which involve big calculations.
MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022 Admit Card
For the written examination, the Commission releases MPPSC AE admit card, while for the Interview stage, a call letter is issued. MPPSC AE admit card issues on the official website of the commission i.e. mppsc.mp.gov.in.
- The MPPSC AE admit card 2022 contains details regarding the candidate and the exam such as the candidate’s name, reporting time, exam date, exam center, parents’ name, etc.
- Candidates can download the MPPSC State Engineering Services admit card 2022 by visiting the official website of the Commission and clicking on the ‘Download Admit Card/Download Call Letter’ option on the homepage.
- After filling in the relevant details, candidates can access their admit cards.
- Candidates have to carry a photocopy of the admit card as well as a valid photo ID (Aadhar Card, pan card, passport, etc.) to the exam center during the examination.
MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022 Notification
To know all the details regarding the eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, etc. of the exam, candidates need to check out the MPPSC AE notification of the exam. We have provided a screenshot of the MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022 notification pdf below.
MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must abide by the prescribed eligibility criteria, or their applications may end up getting rejected. We have summarized the eligibility criteria for MPPSC SES 2022 cycle for the reader’s reference below.
- Age- Candidates must be between 21-40 years of age.
- Age Relaxation- Women, SC/ST/OBC/PwD, personnel from the Indian Home Guard. Vikram Award winners are allowed up to 5 years of upper age limit relaxation.
- Educational qualifications- Candidates must possess an engineering degree in either civil/ mechanical/ electrical engineering depending upon the desired post.
MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022 Application Form
To apply for the MPPSC AE 2022 exam, candidates need to fill out the application form for the exam provided on the official website, mppsc.mp.gov.in. Candidates can follow the application procedure given below to fill out the application form.
- Open the official website of the Madhya Pradesh Public Services Commission (mppsc.mp.gov.in).
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ button on the homepage, and click on the direct link of the exam.
- Fill out the application form with all the relevant details and upload your documents.
- Submit the form and pay the prescribed application fees of Rs. 500 (Rs. 250 for SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates).
- Candidates can print out the MPPSC AE 2022 form for their future reference.
MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022 Answer Key
- Candidates can use the answer keys of MPPSC SES releases by the Commission to calculate their tentative scores.
- To download the MPPSC Answer Key, candidates can click on the ‘Model Answer’ option on the homepage and click on the direct link of the answer key.
- Comprising of the correct answers to the questions asked in the exam, the answer keys are useful in predicting the final score even before the release of the results.
- The Commission also allows candidates to challenge the answer keys within a specific schedule. However, once the final keys are released, candidates cannot raise objections and the response sheets are evaluated on the basis of the final keys only.
- Candidates can calculate their scores by following the given formula.
MPPSC AE score= (Number of right answers x 3) – (Number of wrong answers x 1)
MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022 Result
After each stage of the examination, the official body releases the result of MPPSC examination in a merit list format through a PDF document. Candidates can access their results by clicking on the ‘Results’ button on the official website’s homepage and clicking on the direct links of their respective engineering stream exams. The MPPSC AE result displays the name of the candidate, their roll number, their gender, and their category. If a tie occurs, the decision taken by the Commission is considered final.
MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022 Vacancies
The MPPSC announced vacancies in various departments for the post of Assistant Engineer in its official notification through the State Engineering Services recruitment scheme. Candidates can learn more details regarding the vacancies in the table below.
|Post||Number of vacancies|
|Assistant Engineer (Civil)||19|
|Assistant Engineer (Electrical)||02|
MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022 Selection Procedure
The Commission shortlists the best candidates for the post of Assistant Engineer through the MPPSC SES recruitment. Candidates have to undergo a two-stage procedure to get recruited. Candidates can learn more regarding the selection procedure below.
- Written examination- The written examination consists of two papers, namely, Section A and Section B. Section A consists of General Studies subjects while Section B consists of engineering subjects. The written examination lasts for a duration of 3 hours and has a weightage of 450 marks in total. Candidates who score above the prescribed cut-off of the examination are invited for the Interview and are issued a call letter.
- Interview- The interview carries a weightage of 50 marks and only those candidates who have passed the written examination successfully are called for the Interview. If the aspirants pass the interview round successfully, they are assigned to their respective, desired posts based on their performance and the availability of the seats in the concerned departments.
MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022 Salary
Besides the number of vacancies available, the Commission also announces the pay scale for each post available in the recruitment scheme. Candidates can learn more regarding the salaries for the 2022 cycle of the MPPSC AE scheme by referring to the table given below.
|Assistant Engineer (Civil)||15600-39100 + 5400|
|Assistant Engineer (Electrical)||15600-39100 + 5400|
MPPSC State Engineering Services 2022 Cut Offs
The Cut offs are conventionally released with the results of the exam. Candidates securing equal to or above the minimum cut offs are shortlisted in the results. It is decided upon many factors that include but are not limited to the difficulty of the exam, number of applicants, etc. Check out the details below.
MPPSC AE 2016 Prelims Cut Off
MP Engineering Services Examination Cut Off 2014 – Prelims
About MPPSC AE
The Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission conducts the State Engineering Services Exam to recruit potential candidates for the post of Assistant Engineer in various departments of the Government of Madhya Pradesh. The Commission releases an official notification for the examination every year to intimate its candidates regarding the recruitment. Candidates have to undergo two phases of the examination to get shortlisted: Written Examination and Interview phase. A total of 21 vacancies are available for the MPPSC AE recruitment scheme for the 2022 cycle.
Ans: The application fee for the MPPSC AE 2022 is Rs. 250 for reserved candidates and Rs. 500 for other candidates.
Ans: No, there is no system of negative marking for the MPPSC AE exam.
Ans: This year, MPPSC has announced 21 vacancies for MPPSC AE recruitment.
Ans: The exam has two stages: a written examination and the interview phase.
Ans: According to the notification, Candidates must possess an engineering degree