MPPSC SSE 2022: The Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission will release the admit card for MPPSC SSE 2022 preliminary exam at mppsc.nic.in. The admit card for MPPSC State Service Examination 2022 is to be out on April 15, 2022. The preliminary round of the State Service exam is scheduled for April 24, 2022 for the eligible candidates. The Commission has announced that around 283 vacancies are open for MPPSC 2022. The State Service Exam is conducted for recruitment into various posts in government departments and offices of the state of Madhya Pradesh. This exam is conducted in two stages namely the Preliminary exam and the Main exam following which, qualifiers are summoned for the final interview. Read this article to learn more details regarding the MPPSC SSE 2022 exam.
Latest: MPPSC will issue the admit card for State Service Examination 2022. Check details here.
MPPSC SSE 2022
Aspirants who wish to pursue a career in bureaucracy in the state of Madhya Pradesh can apply for the MPPSC 2022 exam. Candidates must know the schedule of the examination to plan their studies and apply for the exam accordingly. Hence, for the candidate’s convenience, we have provided the relevant dates of the examination in the table below.
|Important Event||Dates 2021-2022|
|Notification release date||22 Dec 2021|
|Application Process Start Date||10 Jan 2022|
|Last date to fill the application form||09 Feb 2022|
|Last date to submit form (extended)||14 Feb – |
11 Mar 2022
|Availability of Admit Card for Preliminary Exam||15 Apr 2022|
|Date of MPPSC Prelims Exam||24 Apr 2022|
|Release of preliminary exam answer key||To be announced|
|Objection against answer key, if any||Within 07 days|
|Release of preliminary exam final answer key||To be announced|
|Declaration of Preliminary Examination Result||To be announced|
|Date of Application Form||To be announced|
|Availability of Admit Card for Mains Exam||To be announced|
|Dates of MPPSC Main Examination||To be announced|
|Declaration of Mains Result||To be announced|
|Declaration of Final Result||To be announced|
The MPPSC SSE 2022 refers to the event of the MPPSC SSE 2021 exam which is being held in the year 2022. The term MPPSC SSE 2021 and MPPSC SSE 2022 are therefore used interchangeably on this page.
Overview of MPPSC SSE
The MPPSC SSE exam is conducted to filter out the best candidates in Madhya Pradesh for various posts in the departments of the Government of Madhya Pradesh. Candidates can check out the overview of the MPPSC SSE exam provided in the table below.
|Name of exam||State Service Exam|
|Conducting Body||Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Key Stages||Prelims, Mains, Interview|
|Application Fee||SC/ST/OBC/PwD of Madhya Pradesh- Rs. 250/-Others- Rs. 500/-|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
MPPSC SSE 2022 Syllabus
The MPPSC SSE exam tests a candidate’s knowledge regarding every aspect of Madhya Pradesh, India, and the world. Candidates have to study every topic that falls under the syllabus thoroughly to pass the exam successfully. We have provided the MPPSC 2022 syllabus below.
- Paper 1- General Studies
- Madhya Pradesh History, Culture, and Arts
- Important events and dynasties in the history of Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh’s contribution to the Freedom Struggle
- Artforms of Madhya Pradesh
- Major tribes and dialects in Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh’s major folk songs, folk arts, folk literature, festivals, etc.
- History of India
- Ancient and Medieval India
- Religious and Social movements in 19th and 20th century
- Freedom Struggle of India
- Integration and Partition of India after Independence
- Geography of Madhya Pradesh
- Mountains, rivers, forests, flora and fauna of Madhya Pradesh
- Climate of Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh’s natural resources and minerals
- Transport in Madhya Pradesh, etc.
- Geography of India and the World
- Physical Geography
- Natural resources
- Social Geography
- Economic Geography, etc.
- The constitutional system of Madhya Pradesh
- Panchayat Raj, Urban administration, etc.
- The economic system of Madhya Pradesh
- Government of India, Constitution of India, and the Economic system of India
- Acts of Government of India from 1919-1935
- Constituent Assembly
- Financial Institutions
- Supreme Court and the Judicial System, etc.
- Science and Nature
- Human Body
- Nutrition, Diet, and Nutrients
- Environment and Biodiversity
- Ecological System, etc.
- International and National Current Affairs
- Important places and personalities
- Important events, etc.
- Information and Communication Technology
- Internet and Social Networking sites
- Robotics, AI, and Cyber Security, etc.
- National and Regional Statutory/Constitutional bodies
- Election Commission of India
- MP State Election Commission
- Women Commission
- Human Rights Commission, etc.
II. Paper 2- General Aptitude
- Logical reasoning and problem-solving
- General mental aptitude
- Basic numerical aptitude and data interpretation
- Hindi Comprehension, etc.
Click here to get the MPPSC 2022 Syllabus PDF
MPPSC SSE 2022 Exam Pattern
The Commission releases a separate notification for the exam pattern of the State Service Exam on its official site. Candidates can check the exam pattern of the preliminary and the Mains round below.
- Preliminary round
- Type of exam- Objective type
- Subjects- General Studies and General Aptitude
- Maximum marks- 200 marks each paper
- Number of questions- 100 questions for each paper
- Duration- 2 hours each paper
- Language: English & Hindi
Check out the marks distribution below
|Paper I||General Study||200 Marks|
|Paper II||General Aptitude Test||200 Marks|
Note: There is no negative marking in the Prelims exam
- Mains round
- Type of exam- Descriptive
- Subjects- General Studies-I, General Studies-II, General Studies-III, General Studies-IV, General Hindi and Grammar, Essay writing
- Maximum marks- 1500 total marks
- Duration- 3 hours each paper (2 hours for Paper 6)
- Language- Hindi and English
|Paper I||General Study||300 Marks|
|Paper II||General Study II||300 Marks|
|Paper III||General Study III||300 Marks|
|Paper IV||General Study IV||300 Marks|
|Paper V||General Hindi||200 Marks|
|Paper VI||Hindi Essay Writing||100 Marks|
Note: The personal interview carries 175 marks leading to a total mark of 1575 for the Main exam and Interview. Only the marks obtained in the main exam and the interview, combined together are considered for the final selection of candidates. The Preliminary exam is only qualifying in nature.
MPPSC SSE 2022 Preparation Tips
Since the syllabus for the MPPSC SSE 2022 exam is vast, candidates need to start preparing for the exam well in advance. Hence, aspirants can follow the following preparation tips to study for the exam.
- Cover static portion and basics first- Candidates should strengthen their basics first by reading NCERT textbooks up to the 12th standard level and understanding the concepts given in them. The static part of the syllabus is the syllabus that doesn’t change over time, hence, studying it should be your priority.
- Stay up-to-date with current affairs- Since the MPPSC SSE exam tests the candidate’s knowledge regarding Madhya Pradesh-centric topics, candidates should read newspapers that provide the latest news regarding Madhya Pradesh such as Nayi Duniya, Patrika, Dainik Bhaskar, and most importantly, the Rozgaar Nirmaan newspaper.
- Keep writing- A major chunk of the syllabus includes Hindi writing skills. Hence, candidates should practice writing various forms of essays, applications, letters, and reports in Hindi.
- Solve papers- MPPSC topper Sampada Saraf has said that once you have covered almost every topic under the syllabus, start solving the previous year’s papers two months before the examination. Candidates can also attempt mock and practice tests to understand the exam pattern.
- Analyze your mistakes- Analyze which questions you have got wrong while solving practice tests and revise that concept again. Ensure that the same mistake doesn’t occur next time.
MPPSC SSE 2022 Admit Card
The MPPSC SSE 2022 Admit Card for the Preliminary round releases on the official website of the Commission (mppsc.nic.in). Candidates can click on the ‘Download Admit Card’ option on the homepage and input their Application Number and Password to download their admit card. The MPPSC SSE Admit Card contains details such as the Application Number, Roll Number, Name of the Candidate, Exam venue and timing, etc. Candidates need to carry a printed copy of the admit card as well as a valid photo ID (pan card, passport, Aadhar card, etc.) to the exam, or else candidates won’t be allowed to appear for the exam.
The Commission has released the list of the cities in which the MPPSC SSE 2022 exam is to be conducted in its notification. Candidates can check out the list of MPPSC Prelims exam centers by referring to the screenshot below.
MPPSC SSE 2022 Notification
Details regarding the selection procedure, application process, eligibility criteria, and other information regarding the examination are present in the official notification released by the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission on its official website. Candidates can check out the MPPSC 2022 notification by clicking on the screenshot below.
MPPSC SSE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Only those candidates who can fulfill the eligibility criteria prescribed by the Commission can apply for the MPPSC prelims exam. Applications submitted by candidates who are unable to meet the eligibility criteria are rejected by the official body. We have provided the eligibility criteria laid down by the MPPSC in the article.
- Education Qualifications: Candidates who are graduates or are in their undergraduate program and are awaiting their results.
- Age limit
- Uniformed posts- 21-33 years of age
- Non-uniformed posts- 21-40 years of age
- Age relaxation
- All women candidates- 5 years
- SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates- 5 years
- Personnel from the Indian Home Guard- 5 years
- Sportspersons conferred with Vikram Award- 5 years
- Physical requirements
- Height- 168 cm
- Chest without expansion- 84 cm
- Chest with expansion- 89 cm
Height- 155 cm
MPPSC SSE 2022 Application Form
The application form for MPPSC State Service Exam 2022 is made available online as per schedule. Candidates can apply online at the official website of the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission, mppsc.nic.in
- Visit any of these official sites of the MPPSC (mponline.gov.in, mppsc.nic.in, mppsc.com).
- Go to the MPOnline Portal and open the application for ‘MPPSC SSE 2022’.
- Fill the application form and upload the necessary documents as well as the scanned copy of your photographs.
- Submit the application form and click on the ‘Proceed to payment’ button.
- Pay the requisite application fee (Rs. 250 for SC/ST/OBC/PwD and Rs. 500 for other candidates).
- The application form is accepted and candidates can now print out their application forms for future reference.
An application fee of Rs 500/- is charged by the Commission from all unreserved candidates and those who are not domicile of the state. For other reserved categories, the fee is discounted.
Mode of payment: Candidates can pay the application fee through online channels i.e. Net banking, credit card, and debit card.
MPPSC SSE 2022 Answer Key
Candidates can access the MPPSC 2022 Answer key after the commencement of the preliminary exam through the official site (mppsc.nic.in). Candidates can click the ‘Model Answer’ option on the homepage and download the PDF of the final answer key by selecting the ‘State Service Preliminary Examination 2022’. Candidates can calculate their scores by following the following formula:
(Number of right answers x 1) – (Number of wrong answers x 1)
Candidates can submit their objections against the answer key to the Commission by attaching the necessary documents and paying the prescribed fee within the stipulated time.
MPPSC SSE 2022 Result
The results for the MPSC SSE 2022 exam are released on the official website of the Commission in a merit list format. Candidates can check ‘State Service Preliminary Examination 2022 Result’. The result mentions the roll number of the candidate as well as their rank. At first, after the completion of the preliminary exam and the release of the final answer keys, the results of the prelims are released. Candidates who are shortlisted for the mains are indicated in the merit lists that come out after the prelims. Then the results of the Main exam are released following the completion of the exam. Those who clear the main exam are summoned for the final interview. Finally, after the final interview, candidates can check the results that release on the official website in the form of the merit list of finally selected candidates for recruitment.
MPPSC SSE 2022 Vacancies
A total of 283 vacancies are available for the 2022 cycle. Various vacancies in the police department, revenue departments, and other departments of the government of Madhya Pradesh are available. Candidates can check out the details regarding the vacancies below in the table.
|Department||Number of vacancies|
|General Administrative Department||27|
|Home Police Department||15|
|Department of Commercial Tax||29|
|School Education Department||20|
|Urban Development and Housing Department||07|
|Panchayat and Rural Development Department||27|
MPPSC SSE 2022 Selection Procedure
The MPPSC 2022 exam takes place in three stages, namely, Prelims, Mains, and Interview stage. Candidates have to pass all the stages of the examination to pass the exam. Candidates can check the details regarding the selection procedure below.
- Preliminary round
This stage is a screening test and the marks scored in this exam aren’t counted in the final score scored by the candidate. It consists of two papers- General Studies and General Aptitude Test. There is no merit list declared for this test and candidates have to score above the cut-off to pass the test.
- Mains round
Candidates who clear the prelims stage can appear for this paper. This stage consists of 6 papers in a descriptive format. The total weightage of marks is 1575 marks. The marks of the mains round are considered during the rank assignment procedure of candidates.
- Interview round
Candidates are invited for the Interview round after the Mains exam. The personality and the knowledge of the candidate are tested during this round. The final merit list is released after the Interview round of the MPPSC SSE 2022 exam.
MPPSC SSE 2022 Salary
Along with the number of vacancies, the pay scale for each post is provided in the official notification released by the Commission itself. A department-wise distribution of the MPPSC 2022 salaries is given below.
|General Administrative Department||15600-39100 + 5400 Grade pay|
|Home Police Department||15600-39100 + 5400 Grade pay|
|Department of Commercial Tax||15600-39100 + 5400 Grade pay (द्वितीय श्रेणी राजपत्रित)9300-34800 + 3600 Grade Pay (तृतीय श्रेणी कार्यपालिक)|
|School Education Department||15600-39100 + 5400 Grade pay|
|Cooperative Department||56100-177500 (द्वितीय श्रेणी राजपत्रित)36200-114800 (तृतीय श्रेणी कार्यपालिक)|
|Labour Department||15600-39100 + 5400 Grade pay (द्वितीय श्रेणी राजपत्रित)9300-34800 + 3600 Grade Pay (तृतीय श्रेणी कार्यपालिक)|
|Urban Development and Housing Department||56100-177500 (द्वितीय श्रेणी राजपत्रित)36200-114800 (तृतीय श्रेणी कार्यपालिक)|
|Panchayat and Rural Development Department||9300-34800 +4200/3600 Grade Pay|
|Revenue Department||9300-34800 + 3600 Grade Pay|
|Finance Department||9300-34800 + 3600 Grade Pay|
MPPSC SSE Cut-Off
With the help of previous year cut-offs of the exam, candidates can understand how much marks they need to score to pass the Preliminary round. We have provided the official cut-offs of the 2018 cycle and 2019 cycle for the candidates.
Previous year Cut Off Marks for MPPSC State Service Exam are given below.
Get Previous Year Cut Off here
- MPPSC State Service Pre Exam 2016 Cut Off
- MPPSC State Service Pre Exam 2015 Cut Off
- MPPSC State Service Pre Exam 2014 Cut Off
About MPPSC SSE
More than 2 lakh candidates appear for the MPPSC SSE exam every year. The Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission conducts the State Service Exam to recruit candidates who aspire to have a career in bureaucracy for various positions in the departments of the government of Madhya Pradesh. The recruitment takes place in three stages: Prelims, Mains, and Interview stage. The Preliminary round is merely a screening test, while the marks scored in the Mains round and the Interview round are considered for the final merit list.
|MPPSC SSE 2021-2022 Notification||Click here|
Revised Sample Question Answer Booklet of State Service Mains Examination 2019
- Paper I – Part A || Part B
- The Paper II – Part A || Part B
- Paper III – Part A || Part B
Ans: The minimum educational qualification is graduate from any recognized University or Institution.
Ans: The MPPSC SSE 2022 exam consists of three stages: Prelims, Mains, and Interview.
Ans: 283 vacancies are available for the MPPSC SSE 2022.
Ans: The mode of application form for this exam is online.