|UPES Dehradun Admission 2018||Apply Here!|
|SRM University MBA Admission 2018||Apply Here!|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
TNPSC Group 1 Exam 2016-17 – The government of Tamil Nadu had released a notification through Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) for various posts. Recently TNPSC released notification for TNPSC Group 1 Exam 2016 – 2017 for various posts like Deputy Collector, Deputy Superintendent of Police (category-I), Assistant Commissioner (C.T.), District Registrar, District Employment Officer, District Officer (Fire and Rescue Service). Interested candidates can check all the information related to the TNPSC Group 1 Exam on this page like application form, eligibility criteria, important dates, selection process, etc.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Answer Key||Click Here|
TNPSC Group 1 Exam 2016 – 2017
Interested candidates can apply online from the official website of the TNPSC. The selection of the candidates will be based on the performance of the candidates in the Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Oral Test. Candidates are advised to read the complete details of the TNSPC Group 1 Exam before applying.
Total No. of Post : 85
- Deputy Collector – 29 posts
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (category-I) – 34 posts
- Assistant Commissioner (C.T.) – 08 posts
- District Registrar – 01 posts
- District Employment Officer – 05 posts
- District Officer (Fire and Rescue Service) – 08 posts
Educational Qualification : Candidates should poses a degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or any other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
Age Limit : Age of the candidates should not be less than 21 years.
Selection Process : Preliminary Examination + Main Examination + Oral Test
- Registration Fee – Rs. 50/-
- Preliminary Examination Fee – Rs. 75/-
- Main Written Examination Fee – Rs. 150/-
How to Apply : Interested candidates can apply online from the official website. Candidates are advised to fill the application form before the last date of the online application.
|Online Registration Starts||09 Nov 2016|
|Last date for Online Submission||
12 Dec 2016
|Last date for payment of Fee through Bank or Post Office||10 Dec 2016|
|Date of Preliminary Examination||19 Feb 2017|
|Date of Declaration of Prelims Result||22 Jul 2017|
|Date of Main Examination||13, 14 & 15 Oct 2017|
- The qualification prescribed for these posts should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies 10th + HSC or its equivalent +U.G. degree. Provided that, other things being equal, preference will be given to the candidates, who poses the qualification mentioned against each of the following posts:-
|Name of the Post||Preferential Qualification|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police (Cat.I)||A degree or diploma in Criminology and Forensic Science and also to those who poses National awards for Physical efficiency.|
|Assistant Commissioner (C.T)||First Preference||A degree both in Commerce and Law together with a Diploma in Taxation laws.|
|Second Preference||A degree both in Commerce and Law|
|Third Preference||A degree either in Commerce or Law together with a Diploma in Taxation laws.|
|Fourth Preference||A degree either in Commerce or Law|
|District Employment Officer||Graduate in Economics / Education / Sociology / Statistics or Psychology and to those with Post Graduate Diploma in Social Science and Experience in Industrial / Personnel Management / Labor Welfare.|
- The candidates, who have given the final year degree examination, may also apply for the Preliminary Examination for direct recruitment to the posts included in Group-I Services, subject to the condition that they should produce prof for having passed the degree examination by the time when they are directed to produce documents before admission to the Main Written Examination, failing which they will not be admitted to the Main Written Examination.
- The candidates, who have passed the final professional M.B.B.S or any other Medical Examination, but have not completed the internship, may also apply to the Preliminary Examination for direct recruitment to the posts included in Group-I Services.
- Candidates claiming equivalence of qualification to the prescribed qualification should upload and submit evidence for equivalence of qualification in the form of G.O. issued prior to the date of this notification.
|Name of the Post||Minimum Age (should have completed as on 01 Jul 2016)||Maximum Age (should not have completed as on 01 Jul 2016)|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs of all castes||“Others” i.e candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs of all castes|
|1. For all the posts except the post of Assistant Commissioner (C.T)||21 Years||35 Years||30 Years|
|2. Assistant Commissioner (C.T.)|
|For candidates possessing any degree||21 Years||35 Years||30 Years|
|For candidates possessing B.L. degree of any University or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission.||21 Years||36 Years||31 Years|
|Name of the Post||Physical Qualification|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police (Cat.I)|| i. For Men : Must be not less than 165 cms in Height, and not less than 86 cms round the chest on full inspiration and must have a chest expansion of not less than 5 cm on full inspiration.
ii. For Women : Must be not less than 15 cms in Height. The Chest measurement will not apply to them.
|District Officer (Fire and Rescue Service)||i. For Men : Must be not less than 165 cms in Height, 50 kgs in Weight and not less than 89 cms round the chest on full inspiration and 84 cms (normal) with not less than 5 cms chest expansion on full inspiration.
ii. For Women : Must be not less than 15 cms in Height. The Chest measurement and 50 kg Weight will not apply to them
1. Preliminary Examination (OMR Method)
|Single paper in General Studies– 200 items Degree Standard – Objective Type
General Studies – 150 items
Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (SSLC Standard) – 50 items
2. Main Written Examination & Oral Test
|General Studies – Descriptive type (Degree Standard)|
|Paper I||03 Hours||306|
|Paper II||03 Hours||306|
|Paper III||03 Hours||306|
|Interview & Record||120|
The selection will be made in three successive stages :
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Written Examination and
- Oral Test
The Preliminary Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the applicants who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Written Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
The number of applicants to be admitted to the Main Written Examination will be 50 times the number of applicants to be recruited having regard to the rule of reservation of appointments.
However, in each reservation group, all the applicants who secure the same marks as that of cut of marks of their reservation groups shall also be admitted to the Main Written Examination, though the number of applicants to be admired to the Main Written Examination may exceed 1:50 ratio.