West Bengal Public Service Commission has notified Civil Service (Exe) Examination 2018. WBCS Exam 2018 will be held by the Public Service Commission, West Bengal for various posts which are divided into group A, B, C & D. For the purpose of recruitment, there will be a preliminary exam, main exam and lastly an interview. The WBCS 2018 Application Form is now available at pscwbonline.gov.in. Candidates were earlier required to submit their online application form before November 30, 2017 but now the last of submission has been extended to December 11, 2017 until 12:00 midnight. The WBCS 2018 Prelim Exam will be held at various centers in Kolkata and in certain other districts in West Bengal tentatively on January 28, 2018. Candidates can get here complete details of WBCS 2018 such as important dates, notification, eligibility, application form, admit card, result, syllabus.
WBCS Exam 2018
WBPSC Recruitment Advertisement No. 24/2017 is released for the Civil Services examination for the posts such as West Bengal Civil Service (Executive), West Bengal Food and Supplies Service, West Bengal Labour Service, etc. All candidates who wish to get a job in the civil services of West Bengal can go through the notification and apply for the recruitment.
|Graduate Management Admission Test||Apply Now on Official GMAT Exam Website|
|AIMS ATMA 2018 Exam||Register to get Top MBA College|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
Important Dates for WBCS Exam 2018
|Commencement of submission of online application||10 Nov 2017 (from 11:30 am)|
|Closing date for submission of online application|
|Closing date for submission of fees through online|
|Closing date for submission of fees through offline
(Challan must be generated by December 11, 2017)
|Date of Availability of Admit Card||12 Jan 2018|
|Date of WBCS Prelim Exam 2018||28 Jan 2018|
|Date of WBCS Prelim Exam 2018 Result||To be announced|
|Date of WBCS Main Exam 2018||To be announced|
Official website: www.pscwbonline.gov.in
WBCS 2018 Notification
In brief, the eligibility requirements of WBCS Exam 2018 are given on this page. Candidate should fulfil those conditions and only after ensuring the same you should apply for WBCS 2018. These conditions broadly involve age and education.
- A degree from a recognized University.
- Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required for those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali).
WBCS 2018 Age Limit
- Not below 21 years but not more than 36 years on the 1st January of the year of examination for services and posts included in Group A, C & D.
- For the West Bengal Police Service only (i.e. Group “B” Service) age not below 20 years but not more than 36 years on the 1st January of the year of examination.
Note: Those candidates whose age is between 20 & 21 years as on 01 Jan 2018 may apply for Group B only.
- The candidate must have good health and character and suitability in all respects for appointment to Government service.
- The applicants must be a citizen of India, or
- Such other nationals as declared eligible by the Government of India
Relaxation In Age
For the SC & ST candidates, the upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years and for B.C. candidates, the age is relaxable to 3 years. In the case of Persons with Disabilities (PWD), the upper age limit is relaxable up to 45 years.
Special Eligibility Conditions
The candidates must also fulfill the following the eligibility criteria other the one mentioned above for the following posts:
- West Bengal Police Service (Group ‘B’ Service): The minimum height requirement is 1.65 meters for male candidates and 1.50 meters for female candidates subject to relaxation in the case of candidates belonging to Gorkhas, Garwalis, Assamese Tribals etc.
- West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service, Grade – I: The candidates should have a good knowledge of the Bengali Language, written and spoken. However, candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali shall be exempted from this requirement, but they will have to pass a departmental examination in Bengali. within a period of two years.
WBCS 2018 Online Application
- Interested aspirants can apply for WBCS Exam 2018 by accessing the “Application Form” link as above.
- The WBCS 2018 Application Form is to be filled and submitted in online mode only.
- Firstly, aspirants need to complete the “One Time Registration” by providing their basic personal details such as their Name, Date of Birth, Parent’s Name, Mobile Number, Email Id, etc.
- Also, candidates need to upload their photograph (file size within 20 to 50 kb) and signature (file size within 20 to 50 kb) at the time of registration.
- On submitting these details, candidates will receive their Registration ID and Password. With the help of the login credentials, log in to your account, select the exam you wish to appear for and click on Apply Now button.
- Now fill in the required details such as Personal Details, Educational Qualification Details, Examination Details in the WBCS online application and proceed to make payment for the Application Fees.
WBCS 2018 Application Fees and Payment
- For General, BC candidates of West Bengal, SC/ST/BC Candidates of other states – Rs.210/- + Rs.5/- only for Online Payment or Rs.20/- (Rupees Twenty) only for Offline payment.
- SC/ST candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (PWD) having physical disability of 40% and above- Exempted from paying any fee
Mode of Payment
After filling in the required details in the online application, the next step is to pay the required amount of the application fee. The payment for WBCS 2018 Online Application can be done by either Online (Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking) or Offline Mode (Challan).
- Offline mode of Payment– The applicant who wishes to make payment for the Application fee by offline mode, has to download the challan and go to nearest UBI to deposit the requisite amount. After depositing the fees in the bank, on the next working day or two, the candidate will find their application submitted status as Completed.
Note: In Offline Mode, Challan can be generated only once and the candidates must download the Challan by December 03, 2017, positively.
List of WBCS 2018 Exam Centers
WBCS 2018 Admit Card
Prior to the exam, the candidates who will successfully register for the WBCS Exam 2018 will be able to download their admit card for Prelims exam. The Public Service Commission, West Bengal, which is the exam conducting body, will be releasing separate admit card for prelims, mains, an interview. The Admit Card for WBCS 2108 exam will be available by online mode and can be downloaded by entering the Registration ID and Password as received at the time of registration.
1. Preliminary Examination
The Preliminary Examination will consist of only one paper, viz., a paper on General Studies. The paper will be of an objective type consisting of 200 multiple-choice questions. The paper will carry 200 marks and will be of 2½ hours duration. The standard of the paper will be of the level of knowledge as expected of a graduate of any faculty of a recognized University. The paper will include questions covering the following fields of knowledge:
|Current events of National & International Importance 2||25|
|History of India||25|
|Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal||25|
|Indian Polity and Economy||25|
|Indian National Movement||25|
|General Mental Ability||25|
2. Main Examination
The Main Examination will consist of six Compulsory papers and one optional subject to be chosen by the candidates from the list of optional subjects given below. There will be two papers of the optional subject of 200 marks each. Each paper, Compulsory or Optional, will carry 200 marks and will be of 3 hours duration.
Out of six compulsory papers four papers i.e. (i) General Studies- I, (ii) General Studies- II, (iii) The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India and (iv) Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning will be of MCQ Type to be answered in OMR answer sheets. Remaining two compulsory papers i.e. Paper – I and Paper – II will be of conventional type written examination.
Compulsory Papers :
- Paper I: Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from English to Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali
- Paper II: English – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English
- Paper III: General Studies-I : (i) Indian History with special emphasis on National Movement and (ii) Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal.
- Paper IV: General Studies-II: Science and Scientific & Technological advancement, Environment, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
- Paper V: The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India.
- Paper VI: Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning.
- Political Science
The Selection Process consists of :
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Personality Test
- Medical Examination
1. Preliminary Examination
After the online application process candidates will be shortlisted for the preliminary examination. Shortlisted candidates will get the admit card for the preliminary examination. All the shortlisted candidates will have to appear in the Preliminary Examination.
2. Main Examination
Main Examination will be conducted after the Preliminary Examination. Candidates who will qualify the preliminary examination will go for the main examination.
3. Personality Test
A number of candidates selected in order of merit on the results of the Main Examination for all the services and posts included in Groups A, B, C and D will have to appear for a Personality Test. Each candidate will be asked questions on matters of general interest. The object of the test will be to assess the candidate‘s personal qualities e.g., alertness of mind, the power of clear and logical exposition, intellectual and moral integrity, leadership and also the candidate‘s range of interests.
4. Medical Examination
Candidates who will be selected for appointment will be required to appear before a Medical Board for certificates of their fitness for Government service in the form prescribed for the purpose.
The names of the candidates called to Personality Test and those recommended for appointment will be published provisionally subject to the determination of eligibility of the candidates in all respects and verification of original certificates etc. If at any stage of such verification any candidate is found ineligible, his / her candidature/allotment will be canceled.