WBCS Exam 2020 – West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) has released the preliminary exam result at wbpsc.gov.in. The qualified candidate will note have to appear for the mains exam of West Bengal Civil Service (Exec.) Examination, 2020. The WBCS (Exe) 2020 mains exam is scheduled to be held on December 19 & 26, 2020. WBPSC has successfully conducted the West Bengal Civil Service (Exec.) Examination, 2020 preliminary exam on February 9, 2020. To know all the details related to WBCS 2020, stay tuned to this page.
Latest: WBCS (Exe) 2020 prelims result is declared. Check here
WBCS Exam 2020
WBPSC Recruitment Advertisement No. 22/2019 is released for the Civil Services examination for the posts such as West Bengal Civil Service (Executive), West Bengal Food and Supplies Service, West Bengal Labour Service, etc. Below a schedule is given is given which indicates dates & events of WBCS Exam 2020.
|WBCS Exam 2020||Dates|
|Commencement of submission of online application||05 Nov 2019|
|Closing date for submission of online application||25 Nov 2019|
|Closing date for submission of fees through online||25 Nov 2019|
|Closing date for submission of fees through offline||26 Nov 2019|
|Date of Availability of Admit Card||27 Jan 2020|
|Date of WBCS Prelim Exam 2020||09 Feb 2020|
|Date of WBCS Prelim Exam 2020 Result||16 Sep 2020|
|Date of WBCS Main Exam Admit Card||to be announced|
|Date of WBCS Main Exam 2020||19 Dec & 26 Dec 2020|
|Declaration of main exam result||to be announced|
|Availability of admit card for personality test||To be announced|
|Personality Test Dates||to be announced|
WBCS 2020 Result
The names of the candidates called to Personality Test and those recommended for appointment will be published provisionally subject to the determination of eligibility of the candidates in all respects and verification of original certificates etc. If at any stage of such verification any candidate is found ineligible, his / her candidature/allotment will be canceled. All the candidates who will positively appear in all the stages of WBCS Exam 2020 will be able to check the result by using login credentials as per the schedule date on the official website.
WBCS 2020 Admit Card
Before the prelims examination, all the candidates who successfully register for the WBCS Exam 2020 can download their admit card for Prelims exam. The Public Service Commission, West Bengal, which is the exam conducting body, releases separate admit card for prelims, mains & an interview. The Admit Card for WBCS 2020 exam are available in online mode and can be downloaded by entering the Registration ID and Password as received at the time of registration.
1. Preliminary Examination
The Preliminary Examination will consist of only one paper, viz., a paper on General Studies. The paper will be of an objective type consisting of 200 multiple-choice questions. The paper will carry 200 marks and will be of 2½ hours duration. The standard of the paper will be of the level of knowledge as expected of a graduate of any faculty of a recognized University. The paper will include questions covering the following fields of knowledge:
|Current events of National & International Importance||25|
|History of India||25|
|Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal||25|
|Indian Polity and Economy||25|
|Indian National Movement||25|
|General Mental Ability||25|
2. Main Examination
The Main Examination will consist of six Compulsory papers and one optional subject to be chosen by the candidates from the list of optional subjects given below. There will be two papers of the optional subject of 200 marks each. Each paper, Compulsory or Optional, will carry 200 marks and will be of 3 hours duration.
Out of six compulsory papers four papers i.e. (i) General Studies- I, (ii) General Studies- II, (iii) The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India and (iv) Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning will be of MCQ Type to be answered in OMR answer sheets. Remaining two compulsory papers i.e. Paper – I and Paper – II will be of conventional type written examination.
Compulsory Papers :
- Paper I: Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from English to Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali
- Paper II: English – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English
- Paper III: General Studies-I : (i) Indian History with special emphasis on National Movement and (ii) Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal.
- Paper IV: General Studies-II: Science and Scientific & Technological advancement, Environment, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
- Paper V: The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India.
- Paper VI: Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning.
Optional subjects list:
- Political Science.
Note: For complete list of optional subjects you check the WBPSC latest advertisement provided on this page.
List of WBCS 2020 Exam Centers
In this section you can get the information regarding the West Bengal Civil Services Exam 2020 (Prelims). Check the complete list below here.
WBCS 2020 Online Application Form
Here you can get information regarding West Bengal Civil Service Online Application Form 2020 for multiple posts which is divided into various groups. It is advised to fill the online application form for the same before the last date to avoid last minute rush.
Mode of application: The one & only way to fill the form for West Bengal Civil Service Exam 2020 is online mode only, any other way of filling the application form shall not be accepted & rejected without consideration.
Application Form: In order to fill the online application form you need to visit the official website i.e., pscwbonline.gov.in on or before the last date as mentioned in the schedule date. Before filling the online application form you need to complete the OTR i.e., one time registration, detailed instruction are as follows:
- Interested aspirants can apply for WBCS Exam 2020 by accessing the “Application Form” link as above.
- The WBCS 2020 Application Form is to be filled and submitted in online mode only.
- Firstly, aspirants need to complete the “One Time Registration” by providing their basic personal details such as their Name, Date of Birth, Parent’s Name, Mobile Number, Email Id, etc.
- On submitting these details, candidates will receive their Registration ID and Password. With the help of the login credentials, log in to your account, select the exam you wish to appear for and click on Apply Now button.
- Now fill in the required details such as Personal Details, Educational Qualification Details, Examination Details in the WBCS online application and proceed to make payment for the Application Fees.
WBCS 2020 Application Fee
In order to complete the Online application process of WBCS exam 2020, you need to pay the prescribed application fee as per the instructions. Fee must be paid via https secured connection only & one should note trust any other option for the payment.
- For General, BC candidates of West Bengal, SC/ST/BC Candidates of other states – Rs.210/- + Rs.5/- only for Online Payment or Rs.20/- (Rupees Twenty) only for Offline payment.
- SC/ST candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (PWD) having physical disability of 40% and above- Exempted from paying any fee.
Mode of Payment
After filling in the required details in the online application, the next step is to pay the required amount of the application fee. The payment for WBCS 2020 Online Application can be done by either Online (Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking) or Offline Mode (Challan).
- Offline mode of Payment– The applicant who wishes to make payment for the Application fee by offline mode, has to download the challan and go to nearest bank to deposit the requisite amount. After depositing the fees in the bank, on the next working day or two, the candidate will find their application submitted status as Completed.
Note: Candidates of other state must note that there is no exemption of fee is available to SC/ST/BC candidates of other states.
In brief, the eligibility requirements of WBCS Exam 2020 are given on this page. Candidate should fulfil those conditions and only after ensuring the same you should apply for WBCS 2020. These conditions broadly involve age and education.
- A degree from a recognized University.
- Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required for those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali).
WBCS 2020 Age Limit-
- Not below 21 years but not more than 36 years on the 1st January of the year of examination for services and posts included in Group A, C & D.
- For the West Bengal Police Service only (i.e. Group “B” Service) age not below 20 years but not more than 36 years on the 1st January of the year of examination.
Note: Those candidates whose age is between 20 & 21 years as per the notification may apply for Group B only.
- The candidate must have good health and character and suitability in all respects for appointment to Government service.
- The applicants must be a citizen of India, or
- Such other nationals as declared eligible by the Government of India.
Special Eligibility Conditions-
The candidates must also fulfill the following the eligibility criteria other the one mentioned above for the following posts:
- West Bengal Police Service (Group ‘B’ Service): The minimum height requirement is 1.65 meters for male candidates and 1.50 meters for female candidates subject to relaxation in the case of candidates belonging to Gorkhas, Garwalis, Assamese Tribals etc.
- West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service, Grade – I: The candidates should have a good knowledge of the Bengali Language, written and spoken. However, candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali shall be exempted from this requirement, but they will have to pass a departmental examination in Bengali. within a period of two years.
Relaxation In Age
For the SC & ST candidates, the upper age limit is relax-able up to 5 years and for B.C. candidates, the age is relax-able to 3 years. In the case of Persons with Disabilities (PWD), the upper age limit is relaxable up to 45 years.
The Selection Process consists of the following given list, check the levels of selection procedure for more clarification.
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Personality Test
- Medical Examination
1. Preliminary Examination-
After the online application process candidates will be shortlisted for the preliminary examination. Shortlisted candidates will get the admit card for the preliminary examination. All the shortlisted candidates will have to appear in the Preliminary Examination.
2. Main Examination-
Main Examination will be conducted after the Preliminary Examination. Candidates who will qualify the preliminary examination will go for the main examination.
3. Personality Test-
A number of candidates selected in order of merit on the results of the Main Examination for all the services and posts included in Groups A, B, C and D will have to appear for a Personality Test. Each candidate will be asked questions on matters of general interest. The object of the test will be to assess the candidate‘s personal qualities e.g., alertness of mind, the power of clear and logical exposition, intellectual and moral integrity, leadership and also the candidate‘s range of interests.
4. Medical Examination-
Candidates who will be selected for appointment will be required to appear before a Medical Board for certificates of their fitness for Government service in the form prescribed for the purpose.
WBCS 2020 Answer Key
West Bengal Public Service Commission has published the official answer key once the prelims & mains examination gets over as per the schedule. You should always check & refer the official answer only to calculate your marks (approx) & to analyze your performance in the respective examination. The WBCS 2020 answer key is published on the official website i.e., pscwbonline.gov.in. So, you need to visit the official website & this page also after the examination to get your official answer key of WBCS Exam 2020.
Official website: pscwbonline.gov.in.
For more information regarding WBCS Exam 2020, download- Advertisement
WBCS 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : In total there four which are Group A, B, C & D in West Bengal Civil Services Exam 2020 as per the advertisement.
Ans : No, the WBCS 2020 Exam (prelims) is to be conducted in the 20 cities of West Bengal state only.
Ans : You need to qualify the four stages of West Bengal Civil Services Exam 2020 which includes- prelims, mains & personality test & medical examination.
Ans : In total there are six (6) compulsory papers are there in the WBCS Mains Exam 2020.