WBCS Exam 2021 – The final answer key of WBCS Preliminary Exam 2021 is now available on the official website, wbpsc.gov.in by West Bengal Public Service Commission. WBCS Preliminary Exam 2021 was held on August 22, 2021. The admit card for the mains exam is also available to download from August 16, 2021. WBCS mains exam 2020 took place from August 27, 28, 29, and 31, 2021, The selection procedure for the WBCS exam is based on preliminary, mains, and personality test. Get complete details on WBCS exam 2021 from this article.
Latest: WBCS final Answer Key 2021 is now available. Check here
WBCS Exam 2021
WBPSC Recruitment for the Civil Services exam is advertised for the posts such as West Bengal Civil Service (Executive), West Bengal Food and Supplies Service, West Bengal Labour Service, etc. Below a schedule is given which indicates dates & events of WBCS Exam 2021.
|Commencement of submission of online application||05 Nov 2019||24 Dec 2020|
|Closing date for submission of online application||25 Nov 2019||15 Jan 2021|
|Date of Availability of Admit Card||27 Jan 2020||06 Aug 2021|
|Date of WBCS Prelim Exam||09 Feb 2020|
30 May 2021
|Date of WBCS Prelim Exam Result||16 Sep 2020||To be announced|
|Date of WBCS Main Exam Admit Card||16 Aug 2021||To be announced|
|Date of WBCS Main Exam|
27, 28, 29 and 31 Aug 2021
|To be announced|
|Declaration of main exam result||to be announced||To be announced|
|Availability of admit card for personality test||To be announced||To be announced|
|Personality Test Dates||to be announced||To be announced|
Note: In this article, the WBCS exam for the years 2020 and 2021 are covered.
WBCS 2021 Latest News
August 26, 2021: WBCS Mains 2020 Admit Card Released, Exam Date Announced. Read More
Special Metro Railways Services for WBCS exam
Notice regarding WBCS Mains Exam 2021 Admit Card
Notice regarding WBCS Exam 2021
June 25, 2021: WBPSC has released the WBCS exam date 2021 for Prelims exam. Also, the Mains exam date for WBCS Prelims Exam is Out.
WBCS Admit Card 2021
Before the prelims exam, all the candidates who successfully register for the WBCS can download their WBCS admit card for the Prelims exam. The Public Service Commission, West Bengal, which is the exam conducting body, releases separate admit card for prelims, mains, and interviews. The Admit Card for the WBCS exam is available via online mode. It can be downloaded by entering the Registration ID and Password as received at the time of registration. Aspirants appearing for the exam have to carry the printout of the admit card to the exam centre with relevant identity proof.
WBCS 2021 Exam Pattern
Aspirants can check the detailed exam pattern for WB civil services exam 2021 below.
1. Preliminary Examination
The Preliminary Exam will consist of only one paper, viz., a paper on General Studies. The paper will be of an objective type consisting of 200 multiple-choice questions. The paper will carry 200 marks and will be of 2½ hours duration. The standard of the paper will be of the level of knowledge as expected of a graduate of any faculty of a recognized University. The paper will include questions covering the following fields of knowledge:
|Current events of National & International Importance||25|
|History of India||25|
|Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal||25|
|Indian Polity and Economy||25|
|Indian National Movement||25|
|General Mental Ability||25|
2. Main Examination
The Main Exam will consist of six compulsory papers and one optional subject to be chosen by the candidates from the list of optional subjects given below. There will be two papers of the optional subject of 200 marks each. Each paper, Compulsory or Optional, will carry 200 marks and will be of 3 hours duration.
Out of six compulsory papers four papers i.e. (i) General Studies- I, (ii) General Studies- II, (iii) The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India and (iv) Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning will be of MCQ Type to be answered in OMR answer sheets. The remaining two compulsory papers i.e. Paper – I and Paper – II will be of conventional type written exam.
Compulsory Papers :
- Paper I: Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from English to Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali
- Paper II: English – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English
- Paper III: General Studies-I : (i) Indian History with special emphasis on National Movement and (ii) Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal.
- Paper IV: General Studies-II: Science and Scientific & Technological advancement, Environment, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
- Paper V: The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India.
- Paper VI: Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning.
Optional subjects list:
- Political Science.
Note: For complete list of optional subjects you check the WBPSC latest advertisement provided on this page.
List of WBCS 2021 Exam Centers
In this section you can get the information regarding the West Bengal Civil Services Exam 2021 (Prelims). Check the complete list below here.
WBCS 2021 Answer Key
West Bengal Public Service Commission releases the official answer key once the prelims & mains exam gets over as per the schedule. You should always check & refer the official answer only to calculate your marks (approx) & to analyze your performance in the respective exam. The WBCS 2021 answer key is published on the official website i.e., pscwbonline.gov.in. So, you need to visit the official website & this page also after the exam to get your official answer key for WBCS Exam 2021.
WBCS 2021 Result
Candidates can check their WBCS result 2021 online through wbpsc.gov.in. The result for each stage is released separately. All the candidates who will positively appear in all the stages of WBCS Exam 2021 will be able to check the result by using login credentials as per the scheduled date on the official website. Aspirants who clear the prelims exam are called for the Mains exam and thereafter for a personality test. Based on their performance, aspirants shall be shortlisted for the Civil Services posts.
WBCS Selection Process
The selection process consists of the following given list, check the levels of selection procedure for more clarification.
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Personality Test
- Medical Exam
1. Preliminary Exam-
After the online application process candidates will be shortlisted for the preliminary exam. Shortlisted candidates will get the admit card for the preliminary exam. All the shortlisted candidates will have to appear in the Preliminary Exam.
2. Main Exam-
The next stage is the mains exam. Candidates who successfully clear the prelims stage are eligible to appear for WBCS Mains Exam.
3. Personality Test-
A number of candidates selected in order of merit on the results of the Main Exam for all the services and posts included in Groups A, B, C and D will have to appear for a Personality Test. Each candidate will be asked questions on matters of general interest. The object of the test will be to assess the candidate‘s personal qualities e.g., alertness of mind, the power of clear and logical exposition, intellectual and moral integrity, leadership and also the candidate‘s range of interests.
4. Medical Exam-
Candidates who will be selected for appointment will be required to appear before a Medical Board for certificates of their fitness for Government service in the form prescribed for the purpose.
WBCS 2021 Online Application Form
Here you can get information regarding West Bengal Civil Service Online Application Form 2021 for multiple posts which is divided into various groups. It is advised to fill the WBCS application form for the same before the last date to avoid last minute rush.
Mode of application: The one & only way to fill the form for West Bengal Civil Service Exam 2021 is online mode only, any other way of filling the application form shall not be accepted & rejected without consideration.
Application Form: In order to fill the online application form you need to visit the official website i.e., pscwbonline.gov.in on or before the last date as mentioned in the schedule date. Before filling the online application form you need to complete the OTR i.e., one time registration, detailed instruction are as follows:
- Interested aspirants can apply for WBCS Exam 2021 by accessing the “Application Form” link as above.
- The WBC Application Form is to be filled and submitted in online mode only.
- Firstly, aspirants need to complete the “One Time Registration”. They have to enter their basic personal details such as their Name, Date of Birth, Parent’s Name, Mobile Number, Email Id, etc.
- On submitting these details, candidates will receive their Registration ID and Password. With the help of the login credentials, log in to your account, select the exam you wish to appear for and click on Apply Now button.
- Now fill in the required details such as Personal Details, Educational Qualification Details, Exam Details in the WBCS online application. Proceed to make payment for the Application Fees.
WBCS Application Fee
In order to complete the Online application process of WBCS exam, you need to pay the prescribed application fee as per the instructions. Fee must be paid via https secured connection only & one should note trust any other option for the payment.
- For General, BC candidates of West Bengal, SC/ST/BC Candidates of other states – Rs.210/- + Rs.5/- only for Online Payment or Rs.20/- (Rupees Twenty) only for Offline payment.
- SC/ST candidates of West Bengal and Persons with disabilities (PWD) having physical disability of 40% and above- Exempted from paying any fee.
Mode of Payment
After filling in the required details in the online application, the next step is to pay the required amount of the application fee. The payment for WBCS Online Application can be done by either Online (Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking) or Offline Mode (Challan).
- Offline mode of Payment– The applicant who wishes to make payment for the Application fee by offline mode, has to download the challan and go to nearest bank to deposit the requisite amount. After depositing the fees in the bank, on the next working day or two, the candidate will find their application submitted status as Completed.
Note: Candidates of other state must note that there is no exemption of fee is available to SC/ST/BC candidates of other states.
WBCS Eligibility Criteria
In brief, the eligibility requirements of WBCS Exam are given on this page. Candidates should fulfil those conditions before they apply for WBCS 2021. These conditions broadly involve age and education.
- A degree from a recognized University.
- Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali (not required for those candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali).
WBCS Age Limit-
- Not below 21 years but not more than 36 years on the 1st January of the year of exam for services and posts included in Group A, C & D.
- For the West Bengal Police Service only (i.e. Group “B” Service) age not below 20 years but not more than 36 years on the 1st January of the year of exam.
Note: Those candidates whose age is between 20 & 21 years as per the notification may apply for Group B only.
- The candidate must have good health and character and suitability in all respects for appointment to Government service.
Relaxation In Age
For the SC & ST candidates, the upper age limit is relax-able up to 5 years and for B.C. candidates, the age is relax-able to 3 years. In the case of Persons with Disabilities (PWD), the upper age limit is relaxable up to 45 years.
- The applicants must be a citizen of India, or
- Such other nationals as declared eligible by the Government of India.
Special Eligibility Conditions-
The candidates must also fulfill the following the eligibility criteria other the one mentioned above for the following posts:
- West Bengal Police Service (Group ‘B’ Service): The minimum height requirement is 1.65 meters for male candidates and 1.50 meters for female candidates subject to relaxation in the case of candidates belonging to Gorkhas, Garwalis, Assamese Tribals etc.
- West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service, Grade – I: The candidates should have a good knowledge of the Bengali Language, written and spoken. However, candidates whose mother tongue is Nepali shall be exempted from this requirement. But they will have to pass a departmental exam in Bengali. within a period of two years.
Official website: pscwbonline.gov.in.
Ans : In total there four which are Group A, B, C & D in West Bengal Civil Services Exam 2020 as per the advertisement.
Ans : You need to qualify the four stages of West Bengal Civil Services Exam which includes- prelims, mains & personality test & medical examination.
Ans : In total there are six (6) compulsory papers are there in the WBCS Mains Exam.