CDS 2019 – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has announced CDS 1 final result and CDS 2 result 2019 at the official website, upsc.gov.in. The result is available in pdf format containing the roll number and names of the qualified candidates. The qualified candidtes now have to appear for the SSB Interview. CDS 2019 was held on September 08, 2019. The exam was conducted in three shifts – 09:00 AM – 11:00 AM (English), 12.00 PM – 2.00 PM (GK) and 3.00 PM – 5.00 PM (Maths). Combined Defence Services (CDS) is a national level competitive examination. There are total 417 vacancies available for the qualified candidates. After qualifying CDS 2 2019 Written Exam, candidates are required to appear for the SSB Interview wherein, their personality and intelligence are tested. To know more about CDS 2019 Exam, read this article thoroughly.
UPSC CDS is conducted twice a year. The CDS 1 2019 was held in February, and now CDS 2 is held in September. The number of vacancies in both is 417. Defence aspirants can note the complete schedule of CDS 2019 from the table below.
|Important Events||CDS 2 2019||CDS 1 2019|
|Release of CDS 2019 notification||12 Jun 2019||31 Oct 2018|
|Commencement of CDS 2019 application form||12 Jun 2019||31 Oct 2018|
|Last date to apply online||08 Jul 2019||26 Nov 2018|
|Availability of application form withdrawal||15 Jul 2019||03 Dec 2018|
|Last date to withdraw application form||22 Jul 2019||10 Dec 2018|
|Issuance of admit card||19 Aug 2019||11 Jan 2019|
|CDS 2019 exam date||08 Sep 2019||03 Feb 2019|
|Declaration of result||01 Nov 2019||09 Apr 2019|
Download Notification: Click here to download notification of UPSC CDS 2 2019.
CDS 2 Result 2019
UPSC releases the CDS 2 Result in the PDF file format. It is released in two forms; roll number wise and name wise. The selection of the candidates is done on the basis of 2 stages, written exam followed by interview and personality test. The second stage is conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB) often known as SSB Interview.
Only those candidates are eligible for the Intelligence and Personality Test who qualify the written exam successfully. UPSC prepares a list of the candidates who have qualified the written exam and have obtained the minimum qualifying marks. After the SSB interview, candidates are required to undergo the medical test.
- SSB Interview comprises of 2 rounds in total – Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test. The candidates will be put in the stage 1 on the very first day of reporting at the Selection Centres. Only those candidates who have qualified Stage 1 will be allowed to appear in Stage 2.
- The candidates who will be called for the Stage 2 are then, required to submit the photocopy of matriculation certificate, Bachelors’ Degree / Provisonal Degree alongwith the mark sheets of all the years / semesters to give the proof educational qualification.
- In the second round, there are further two stages. In the first one which is Intelligence and personality test, candidates’ ability on the Picture perception and Picture Description test is assessed. The next stage consists of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. Students who pass both stages need to pass the medical exam.
- Candidates qualifying the medical test will be selected as per the post applied. All the tests are conducted for the time span of 4 days.
CDS 2 Vacancy Details 2019
To know the number of vacancies in each of the CDS academies, candidates can refer to the table below. Candidates who will clear all the stages are going to be posted in any of the academics given below.
|Name of Academy||Number of Vacancies||Name of Course|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100||149th (DE) Course commencing in July, 2020|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||45||Course commencing in July, 2020|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32||(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in July, 2020 i.e. No. 208 F(P) Course.|
|Officer’s Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)||225||112th SSC (Men) Course (NT) commencing in October, 2020|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai||15||26th SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in October, 2020|
UPSC CDS 2 Pay Scale 2019
At the time of the final training in IMA and OTA, the cadets are going to get a fixed stipend. The monthly stipend is going to be Rs 56,100/-p.m.* (Starting pay in Level 10). After the completion of the training, the candidates will be recruited on the pay scale given in the table below for each of the ranks in force.
|Lieutenant||Level 10||56,100 – 177500|
|Captain||Level 10 B||61,300 – 1,93,300|
|Major||Level 11||69,400 – 2,07,200|
|Lt. Colonel||Level 12A||1,21,200 – 2,12, 400|
|Colonel (TS)||Level 13||1,30,600 – 2,15,900|
|Brigadier||Level 13A||1,39,600 – 2,17,600|
|Major general||Level 14||1,44,200 – 2,18,200|
|LT General HAG Scale||Level 15||1,82,200 – 2,24,100|
|LT General HAG + Scale||Level 16||2,05,200 – 2,24,100|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lt Gen (NFSG)||Level 17||2,25,000 (fixed)|
|COAS||Level 18||2,50,000 (fixed)|
CDS 2019 Answer Key
UPSC releases CDS 2 2019 Answer Key on the official website of UPSC which is upsc.gov.in. The answer keys of different subjects namely English, Mathematics and General Knowledge are releases in the PDF file format. To download CDS 2 2019 Answer Key, candidates need to look for the exam name and then, they can download the answer keys subject wise.
As there are 3 parts of CDS 2 Exam, namely English, Mathematics and General Knowledge, so separate answer keys will be available for all the subjects on the official website. Along with the CDS 2 Answer Key, candidates can check the Question Papers too from the official website only.
CDS 2019 Admit Card
All candidates who submit their application forms on time, with fee, get admit card for CDS exam. For CDS 2 2019, admit card can be downloaded from upsc.gov.in as per schedule above. Important things to know regarding issuance of admit card / admission certificate are given below.
- UPSC issues CDS 2 2019 admit card at upsc.gov.in.
- Date of issuance of admit card is three weeks before exam.
- In order to download admit card, candidates have to login with RID and date of birth.
- The admit card is not sent by post or any other means.
What to do if CDS 2019 admit card is not received?
Candidate should contact UPSC if he/she does not get CDS 2 2019 admit card three weeks before exam. They can also get information regarding it from UPSC facilitation counter. Failure to do so will make the candidate responsible for not getting admit card.
UPSC Facilitation Counter Phone Number
CDS 2 Exam Pattern 2019
It is important for the students to know the exam pattern to start the preparationa ss per it. With the help of the exam pattern, candidates can know the duration of the exam, type of questions asked in the exam, marking scheme, etc. Check the information given below to know the exam pattern in detail.
- Exam Mode: Offline (Written Exam)
- Examination Language: Bilingual (English and Hindi)
- Types of Questions: Objective Type (Multiple choice based questions)
- Marking Criteria: Each question is of 01 marks / 5/6 marks (for GK and English).
- Negative Marking: There is negative marking of 1/3 (for maths) and /18 marks (for GK and English) are going to be deducted from the total score.
- The marking scheme is different for the subjects because in English and GK there are 120 questions of 100 marks and in mathematics paper, there are 100 questions of 100 marks.
- Candidates cannot use the calculators in the written examination.
For Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy:
Check the table below to know the subjects from which question are going to be asked along with the duration of the test.
|Elementary Mathematics||100||2 Hrs|
|General Knowledge||100||2 Hrs|
For Officers’ Training Academy
|General Knowledge||100||2 Hrs|
Candidates who are going to clear the written exam successfully are going to be eligible for the Intelligence and Personality Test. Only those candidates can appear for the interview round who clears the first stage.
There are 2 stages in the Interview round:
- Stage 1 – Officer Intelligence Rating which includes Picture Perception and Description Test.
- Stage 2 – It consists of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference.
Note: The assessment of the candidate will be done by the Interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO) and the Psychologist.
CDS 2 Syllabus 2019
Aspirants can check the syllabus specified for the CDS 2 subject wise. It is going to be helpful for the candidates as he or she will have an idea about the important topics which needs to be prepared for the exam.
English: Basic English Language questions
General Knowledge: Current events, Indian History, and Geography.
Elementary Mathematics: Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions. Unitary method, time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation. Elementary Number Theory—Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11, Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm.
Algebra: Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M., Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, the relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns—analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions. Set language and set notation, Rational expressions, and conditional identities, Laws of indices.
Trigonometry: Sine ×, cosine ×, Tangent × when 0° < × < 90° Values of sin ×, cos ×, and tan ×, for × = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90° Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables. Simple cases of heights and distances.
Geometry: Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point, (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, (ix) Loci.
Mensuration: Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle, and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.
Statistics: Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts, etc. Measures of central tendency.
CDS 2019 Application Form
If you are interested in appearing in CDS 2 2019, then you should apply as per schedule above. Key details on online form are explained below.
Application Fee:- Candidates need to pay requisite fee either in online or offline mode. Online mode of fee payments are net banking, Visa/Master/Rupay Credit/Debit Card. Offline mode of fee payment is to pay fee in cash at SBI bank branch. Fee amounts category wise are as follows.
|All others||Rs 200|
How to apply online?
Step by step guide to fill application form of CDS 2019 is as follows. It is applicable for CDS 1 as well as CDS 2.
- Go to application form page link given above.
- Read instructions and click on apply online link.
- Now you will reach CDS 2 2019 application form at upsconline.nic.in.
- First, click on part I registration.
- Immediately a screen with part I registration instructions open; read them.
- Then scroll down and click on Yes.
- In part I registration, you have to fill basic details about yourself / candidate.
- Then when you submit part I, you will be asked to check that all details are correct, then your registration number is generated.
- Now proceed to part II.
- In part II, you have to select exam centre and upload scanned copies of photograph and signature.
- Candidates also have to pay fee in part II of CDS application form 2019.
- Those who wish to pay by offline mode have to print the pay in slip and take it with fee amount to SBI branch. Please note that pay by cash option will be deactivated one day before last date of form filling.
- Complete all steps and submit application form.
- Once registration is complete, you will get an email at registered email ID.
How to withdraw UPSC CDS 2 Application Form 2019?
Union Public Service Commission has provided the facility to withdraw application form. Those who apply for CDS 2 2019, but for some reason decide that they do not want to appear in exam, can withdraw their forms. To withdraw UPSC application form, follow steps below.
- Go to upsconline.nic.in.
- Click on online request for withdrawal of application for various examinations of UPSC.
- Then click on link for CDS form withdrawal, which can be accessed only during period mentioned in schedule above.
- Then enter your login credentials.
- Confirm that you want to withdraw.
- You will get OTP at registered email ID and phone number.
- Submit OTPs to withdraw your form.
UPSC CDS 2 Eligibility Criteria 2019
Before filling the application form, candidates need to meet the eligibility conditions for the exam. Check the details below to know the different eligibility criteria.
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- People migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with an intention to settle in India permanently.
- Indian Military Academy- unmarried male Candidate should, not born earlier than July 02, 1995 and not later than July 01, 2000 are eligible.
- Indian Naval Academy-The candidates between 02, 1995 and July 01 2000 can apply.
- Air Force Academy – Candidates whose age is between 20-24 as on July 01 2019, should be born earlier July 01, 1995 and not later than July 01, 1999 are eligible.
Note: Such candidates are not allowed to marry during the training. Candidates who are 25 years of age should be unmarried. Those who are above 25 years of age and are married will not be provided with the marriage accommodation also, he or she is not allowed to live with the family.
- Indian Military Academy (IMA): Candidate should have passed a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Indian Naval Academy (INA): Candidate must possess a degree in Engineering from a recognized university or institute.
- Air Force Academy (AFA): Candidate should have a degree of a recognized university with mathematics and Physics as main subjects in 10+2 level. or Bachelors of Engineering.
At the time of the interview, candidates need to show the degree.
Note: Candidates who are still in the final year are eligible to apply.
CDS 2 Test Centres 2019
Candidates can check the list of the exam centres where the exam CDS 2 is to be held. Refer to the table below to know the cities where the exam is going to be conducted.
UPSC CDS Archives
CDS 1 2019
If you have any queries regarding UPSC CDS (2) 2019, then please ask in comments below.