Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will conduct Combined Defence Services (CDS) 2018. Combine Defence Services (CDS) exam is held twice a year, in February and November. CDS (I) 2018 will be held February 04, 2018, and CDS (II) 2018 is due to be conducted on November 18, 2018. The admit card for CDS 1 2018 has been released online at the official website of UPSC. The candidate can download the CDS 1 Admit Card by entering the Registration ID or Roll Number and Date of Birth. The CDS 1 2018 is a written exam to be held for recruitment in Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. The exams conducted by UPSC are quite tough to crack but with enough hard work and proper time management, the task is pretty achievable. The selection of candidates will be on the basis of the Written examination, SSB Test and Interview. Get here complete details of UPSC CDS 2018 including important dates and events, the number of vacancies, eligibility criteria, selection procedure, application fee, application procedure, admit card, examination centres, result.
UPSC CDS 2018
The “Combined Defence Services” Examination (CDS) is recruiting for job opportunities in Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. The aspirants can apply online through official website www.upsconline.nic.in. Important UPSC CDS 2018 Dates are given below.
|UPSC CDS (1) 2018|
|UPSC issues notification for CDS 1||08 Nov 2017|
|Last date to apply for Combined Defence Services 1||04 Dec 2017|
|Issuance of CDS 1 Admit Card 2018||10 Jan 2018|
|Date of Examination||04 Feb 2018|
|AIMS ATMA 2018 Exam||Register to get Top MBA College|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
Number of vacancies
Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Air Force Academy, Hyderabad, Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai submit vacancies in courses to UPSC. The number of vacancies are as follows
|S.No.||Name of the Course||Number of Vacancies|
|1||Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100|
|2||Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||45|
|3||Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32|
|4||Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai||225|
|5||Officers Training Academy, Chennai||12|
UPSC CDS 2018 Admit Card
The Commission has released the admit card for CDS 1 2018. The candidates can download their CDS 1 Admit Card by entering the Registration Number or Rol NUmber. The admit card consists of the Name, Roll Number, Registration ID and Name & Year of the Examination, Exam Date and Timings, Address of the exam center. It is important that the applicant should carry the admit card on the day of the examination. Also, along with the admit card, the candidate should bring along a valid photo id.
UPSC CDS 2018 Exam Pattern
For admission to IMA, INA, AFA
|2||General knowledge||2 hours||100|
|3||Elementary mathematics||2 hours||100|
For admission to OTA
|2||General knowledge||2 hours||100|
Negative Marking: There will be a negative marking for every incorrect answer.
UPSC CDS 1 2018 Syllabus
Standard of the exam: The standard of the papers in the Elementary Mathematics section will be of Matriculation level. Whereas. the standard of papers in other subjects will approximately be such as may be expected of a graduate of an Indian University.
Syllabus fo CDS 1 2018
- English – The question in this section will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and usage of words.
- General Knowledge- This section includes questions on knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of
an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of a nature which candidate should be able to answer without special study.
- Elementary Mathematics
- Arithmetic- Number System—Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations, addition, substraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions. Unitary method, time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation. Elementary Number Theory—Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm. Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
- Algebra – Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M., Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns—analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions. Set language and set notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices.
- Trigonometry- Sine ×, cosine ×, Tangent × when 0° < × < 90° Values of sin ×, cos × and tan ×, for ×
= 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90°, Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables. Simple cases of heights and distances.
- Geometry- Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at
a point, (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, (ix) Loci.
- Mensuration – Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures
which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres
- Statistics- Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency.
CDS Examination Centers
The Allotment of centers will be done on the basis of “first-apply-first-allot” and once the seat-allotment is completed in a particular center then the seat allotment will be frozen. The examination is looked forward to take place at following centres:
UPSC CDS 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: An aspirant must be from the Indian origin, or liable to Bhutan, or Nepal, or he/she must be a Tibetan refugee who got settled in India before the 1st January, 1962.
An aspirant must be from Indian origin who moved from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam to settle in India permanently.
- IMA and INA – For CDS 1, aspirants must be born between Jan 02, 1995 and Jan 01, 2000. For CDS 2, aspirants must be born between July 02, 1995 and July 01, 2000.
- AFA – You must be 20 to 24 years of age as on July 1 (for CDS 1) and January 1 (for CDS 2).
- OTA Men and Women – For CDS 1, they must be born between Jan 02, 1994 and Jan 01, 2000. For CDS 2, they must be born between Jul 02, 1994 and Jul 01, 2000.
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy- Aspirants must have a degree of a recognised University.
- For Indian Naval Academy- You must have a degree in Engineering with a recognised University.
- For Air Force Academy- A degree of a recognised University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level must be achieved.
UPSC CDS 2018 Application Form
All the interested candidates are requested to go to UPSC official website at http://upsc.gov.in. for UPSC CDS Application Form 2018 . The online registration forms are available and started from November 8, 2017. Application form for UPSC CDS (2) 2018 is expected to be available in the month of August 2018.
- Female /SC /ST candidates do not have to pay fees for the entrance exam.
- General, OBC and other categories pay Rs.200/-
Step 1: Visit the official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in
Step 2: Look for the option “CDS (I) 2018 Application form” in the latest notifications and click on it.
Step 3: Registration Process Part-I: You will be required to enter your Name, Mobile number, Email ID and other basic details) following which you will receive registration number and password.
Step 4: Registration process II: Now, you have to enter the Registration number and Date of birth to proceed to Part-II of Registration. In this you will have to enter basic details, educational details and other details. Submit the details.
Step 5: Next, you have to upload photograph and signature duly scanned in jpg. Format in such a way that each file should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature.
Step 6: Payment: Now, you have to pay the fee which can be paid through online as well as offline.
- Online mode: Payment can be done through Debit cards/Credit cards/Net Banking/Mobile Wallets.
- Offline mode: You can also choose “Pay by cash” mode in which the Pay in-slip can be generated and then you can deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
Step 7: Take the printout of generated e-Receipt and Application form. If the e-Receipt is not generated that it means transaction was not successful.
UPSC CDS 2018 Result
The result will be published online on the official website www.upsconline.nic.in . A list of candidates will be prepared who have obtained marks equal to or more than cut-off marks. Those who clear the written exam will have to appear for interview round that will revolve around intelligence and personality test.