CDS Result 2020: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will release the CDS result on its official website, upsc.gov.in. CDS Result 2020 will be made available in a PDF format only. UPSC CDS Result will contain the list of candidates who qualified the written exam and who will be called for personal interview by Service Selection Board of the Ministry of Defence. The selection procedure consists of written exam, document verification, personal interview and medical tests. The candidates who are selected through this process are called for training. The candidates must score minimum marks as specified by the commission to qualify the written exam. To know more about CDS Result 2020 such as how to check result, CDS 1 2020 cut-off marks, personal interview, and pay scale read the article below.
CDS Result 2020
The candidates are considered qualified for the written exam only if they clear both overall cut-off as well as the sectional cut-off. The candidates must score marks more than or equal to the minimum marks decided by the commission to get a positive result. Below is the matrix of dates related to the result of CDS 2020:
|CDS Result 2020||Dates|
|Date of Examination||2 Feb 2020|
|Release date of Result||to be notified|
Check Result Here: Candidates can check the CDS result 2020 as per the schedule at upsc.gov.in
How to check CDS Result 2020
The result of CDS is a merit list of all the candidates who qualified the written exam. It is announced in online mode only in PDF format. You will need name or roll no. to search your name in the merit list. The candidates can check their result for CDS on the official website of UPSC by following the steps given below.
- Go to the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in
- Click on the drop-down menu of “examination”
- Here, click on “active examination” button.
- Now, links for all the active examinations will appear. Click on the link given in “Combined Defence Service (I), 2020”.
- A new page will appear on the screen. Here click on the link given for merit list to download the PDF of merit list.
- The PDF will open. Further, press “ctrl+F” and type you roll no. If you have qualified the exam, your name and roll no. will appear on the screen.
The result PDF will also be available on the public disclosure of score heading in the examination drop-down menu.
The merit list for all the qualified candidates is prepared on the basis of the cut-off minimum marks decided by the UPSC. The candidate must score marks equal to or more than the marks specified in the cut-off list. The cut-off list is prepared separately for every course. You must not only clear the overall cut-off but also the individual cut-off of the each section to be declared qualified. Below is the cut-off of 2018 that candidates can refer and get an idea of the level of exam and cut-off criteria.
Note: The candidates must score 20 marks in individual sections apart from the over all cutoff to be considered qualified.
The selection procedure of recruitment through CDS is divided into 2 parts i.e. written exam and personal interview. The candidates who qualify the written exam are called for the personal interview. Personal interview is conducted by the Service Selection Board (SSB). Below is the process of sleection of personnel through CDS exam.
- Written exam: Firstly, the candidates have to appear in the written exam for 3 subjects which are english, GK and Maths. The duration for each section will be of 2 hours. The candidates who qualify this exam will be called for the personal interview. To qualify the exam, the candidates must clear the minimum marks criteria decided by the commission.
- Document Verification: The candidates who will appear for the personal interview can only proceed further if they have all the documents required for verofocation with them. The candidates who do not produce all the docuements will not be allowed for the personal interview.
- Personal Interview: The candidates who qualify the written exam appear for the personal interview conducted by the Service Selection Board (SSB). The personal interview will consist of a Personality test and Intelligence test.
- Medical Test: The candidate recommended by the SSB will be allotted for a medical check-up. The candidates will be checked for his medical fitness in context with vision, hearing ability and presence of any other ailment. The candidate who clears this test will be considered for recruitment after due training.
Personal Interview By SSB
The personal interview is conducted by the Service Selection Board for all the candidates who qualify the written exam. The candidates must come prepared with the documents for verification. Any candidate who lacks documents required for verification and will not be allowed for the personal interview.
The personal interview will consist of intelligence test and personality test. This will be divided into stage I and II. In stage 1, candidates will be given Officer Intellegence Rating (OIR) on the basis Picture Perception Description Test (PP&DT). In stage-2, there is Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted in over 4 days.
Documents to be carried by the candidate:
- Call letter
- 10th class marks sheet
- 12th class mark sheet
- gradation mark sheet
- graduation degree certificate
- other documents as specified by the board
The medical test will be taken by the Board of Medical Officers who have completed the basic millitary training. The tests will be held in the basic military hospital assigned by the Service Selection Board. The tests that will be conducted are:
- Complete Haemogram
- Urine RE/ME
- X Ray chest PA view
- USG abdomen & pelvis
Below is the list of common reasons for rejection in this test.
- Sinus, fistulae and hernia, cyst, hyper/hypo pigmented patches, swelling, naevus, vascular malformations scars anywhere on the body.
- Head and neck: Muscolo-skeletal deformities which can interfere in using safety gear, cervical rib.
- Chest. Musculoskeletal deformities viz pectus excavatum, pigeon chest, rickety rosary, pleural effusion, parenchymal lesions of lungs, active or residual lesions of tuberculosis.
- Abdomen and reproductive system: Hernia, organomegaly, vascular deformities. Renal deformities, gall stones, renal tones etc. Deformities of reproductive system.
- Upper limbs, lower limbs and spine: Hyper flexible or restricted movements of joints, Cubitus valgus, Cubitus varus, genu recurvatum, deformities of hands and feet, kyphosis, scoliosis, congenital deformities, like spina bifida etc.
- Skin: Vitiligo, scars, vascular malformations chronic skin diseases.
Any candidate who appeared in this exam earlier but were removed on any disciplinary grounds, will not be permitted admission to the training process again.
Marriage during training: A candidate who has appeared in the CDS exam and his training is still on-going, cannot marry until his training is completed. Any candidate who marries before the completion of training i.. in medical test or in personality test will be disqualified from the process of selection.
Restriction of Working: The candidates who qualified for the exam and has started his training cannot work for someone else or some other organisation.
The pay-scale for every post varies under the recruitment process through CDS. Below is the basic pay scale of the candidates to which various additional allowances are applicable.
|Lieutenant||Level 10||56,100 – 177500|
|Captain||Level 10 B||61,300 – 1,93,300|
|Major||Level 11||69,400 – 2,07,200|
|Lt. Colonel||Level 12A||1,21,200 – 2,12, 400|
|Colonel (TS)||Level 13||1,30,600 – 2,15,900|
|Brigadier||Level 13A||1,39,600 – 2,17,600|
|Major general||Level 14||1,44,200 – 2,18,200|
|LT General HAG Scale||Level 15||1,82,200 – 2,24,100|
|LT General HAG + Scale||Level 16||2,05,200 – 2,24,100|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lt Gen (NFSG)||Level 17||2,25,000 (fixed)|
|COAS||Level 18||2,50,000 (fixed)|
Combined Defense Service exam is conducted twice every year by the Union Public Service commission. This written exam is the first step to the selection process for recruitment to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer Training Academy for various posts. The selection procedure consists of written test, documents verification, personal interview, medical test and training. The candidates are not allowed to marry until the training is not completed. Only unmaaried candidates are recruited for these posts.