CGPSC State Service Exam Pattern 2022: Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CGPSC) conducts the State Services Exam and releases its examination pattern in its official notification on psc.cg.gov.in. The State Services Exam is held in three stages: Prelims, Main and Interview, each stage is conducted in offline mode. The written Preliminary Examination is of 200 marks while the Main Examination is of 1400 marks. There is a provision of -⅓ negative marking per incorrect answer in Preliminary examination. To qualify Preliminary examination applicants have to gain minimum qualifying marks as per the category: UR: 33% and Others 23%. Know more about CGPSC State Service Exam Pattern 2022 through this article.
CGPSC State Service Exam Pattern 2022
The exam pattern of Prelims is different from Main. The Preliminary examination comprises Objective Paper of two compulsory subjects. While the Main Examination comprises a descriptive paper of seven compulsory subjects. Candidates have to prepare very well to ace each stage of the examination.
We have provided a comprehensive and precise CGPSC State Service Exam Pattern 2022:
CGPSC State Service Preliminary Exam Pattern:
- Mode of Examination: Offline
- Paper Type: MCQ
- Total Marks: 400 marks
- Total Questions: 200 questions
- Marks per question: +2 marks
- Negative Marking: -⅓ marks
- Total Time Duration: 4 hours
|Subjects||Total Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|GS Paper I (General Studies)||100||200||2 hours|
|GS Paper II(Aptitude Test)||100||200||2 hours|
CGPSC State Service Main Exam Pattern:
- Mode of Examination: Offline
- Paper Type: Descriptive Type
- Total Marks: 1400 marks
- Total Duration: 3 hours/per paper
CGPSC State Service Syllabus 2022
The CGPSC State Service Syllabus for Preliminary and Main is given here. Applicants must prepare according to the Syllabus:
CGPSC State Service Preliminary Syllabus:
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
- Constitution of India & Polity
- Indian Economy.
- General Science & Technology
- Indian Philosophy, Art, Literature & Culture.
- Current Affairs & Sports.
- History of Chhattisgarh, & Contribution of Chhattisgarh in Freedom Movement.
- Geography, Climate, Physical status, Census, Archeological and Tourist Centres of Chhattisgarh.
- Litrature, Music, Dance, Art and Culture, Idioms and Proverbs, Puzzle/Riddle (Shell), Singing of Chhattisgarh.
- Tribes, Special Traditions, Teej and Festivals of Chhattisgarh.
- Economy, Forest and Agriculture of Chhattisgarh.
- Administrative Structure, Local Government and Panchayatiraj of Chhattisgarh.
- Industry in Chhattisgarh, Energy, Water and Mineral Resources of Chhattisgarh.
- Current Affairs of Chhattisgarh.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (general mathematical skill) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. (Class X)
- Knowledge of Hindi Language (Class X level)
- Knowledge of Chhattisgarhi Language.
- Knowledge of Hindi Language and Chhattisgarhi Language will be tested in Hindi and Chhattisgarhi Language only, without providing translation.
CGPSC State Service Main Syllabus:
- General Hindi
- General English
- Chhattisgarhi Language
- International and National level Issues
- Chhattisgarh State Level Issues
General Studies- I
- History of India
- Constitution and Public Administration
- History of Chhattisgarh
General Studies- II
- General Science
- Aptitude Test, Logical reasoning, mental ability
- Applied and Behavioral Science
General Studies- III
- Economics of India and Chhattisgarh
- Geography of India
- Geography of Chhattisgarh
General Studies- IV
- Social aspects of Chhattisgarh
General Studies- V
- Welfare, Development Programme and Laws
- International and National Sports, Event and Organizations
- International and National Educational Institution and their Role of Human Development
About CGPSC State Service Exam
CGPSC State Service Exam is held everywhere to recruit candidates for available posts in the public service. Candidates who have Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized college or university are eligible to apply for CGPSC State Service Exam. To get recruited for various posts of CGPSC State Service candidates are required to qualify all three stages with minimum qualifying marks.
Ans: Yes, -⅓ marks are deducted in CGPSC State Service Preliminary Exam.
Ans: Preliminary Examination is of 200 marks while the Main Examination is of 1400 marks.
Ans: The CGPSC State Service Exam is held in offline mode.
Ans: The CGPSC State Service Main Exam is Descriptive Type.