IAS 2018 Admit Card – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the IAS 2018 Admit Card at upsc.gov.in on September 11, 2018. UPSC is releasing it for conducting the Civil Services Main exam on September 28, 29, 30 2018 and October 06 & 07, 2018. The qualifiers of prelims can download IAS 2018 Admit Card. Candidates have to provide either Registration Number and Date of Birth of Roll Number and Date of Birth for downloading the admit card. UPSC will not send the IAS 2018 Admit Card by post or by any secondary method. The only mode of getting the IAS 2018 Admit Card for main is online. Read more to know the process for downloading UPSC IAS 2018 Admit Card, exams and special instructions for the Scribe, the process of fetching the RID if you forget that, please read out this page.
IAS 2018 Admit Card
Through this examination, UPSC will select 782 candidates. The exam is conducted for A and B Grade post in Central Civil Services, which is regarded as prestigious positions. Last year, around 11 lakh candidates appeared for the exam and of these only (approx.) 900 candidates were selected. It is indeed one of the toughest paper. But with determination, all can be cracked. The schedule about the releasing of the IAS 2018 Admit Card is given below.
|UPSC IAS Exam||Important Dates|
|Issuance of the Prelims IAS 2018 Admit Card||07 May 2018|
|Date of Prelims examination||03 Jun 2018|
|Result for Prelims examination||14 Jul 2018|
|Issuance of the Mains IAS 2018 Admit Card||11 Sep 2018|
|Main Examination date||28, 29, 30 Sep & 06, 07 Oct 2018|
Admit Card: Click here to download the UPSC IAS Main Admit Card.
UPSC IAS 2018 Admit Card for Main Exam
The second stage of the UPSC IAS examination is the Mains exam. The candidates who will obtain the minimum qualifying marks of 33% in General Studies Paper-II. And total qualifying marks in GS Paper-I of Civil Services Prelims Examination they are eligible for mains. The method of releasing mains IAS 2018 Admit Card is as follows
How to download the IAS 2018 Admit card?
The candidates who submitted their applications for the IAS examination can download the admit card by following the steps below:
- First of all get your Registration ID to download the UPSC IAS Admit Card.
- After getting your Registration ID now click on the above link.
- Now you will get the instruction manual which you should download and print.
- After doing so now click on the yes button.
- Here you will get two options to download the IAS 2018 Admit Card. First one is the By Registration Id and the Second one is the By Roll No. The page will look like this image shown below.
IAS 2018 Admit Card downloading by entering Registration ID
Now if you have chosen for the first option then you should follow these steps to download the admit card.
- Here you will be able to see the page with three text field which is asking for the information.
- The text fields are Registration Id, Date of Birth and Random image.
- Fill all the fields properly.
- Now hit the Submit button.
- For resolving the confusion we have provided the image of the page.
Admit card downloading by entering Roll Number
If you don’t remember the registration Id then it such case you can opt for the second option i. e. by via Roll Number. The process of downloading the IAS 2018 Admit Card via Roll no is exactly the same as the Registration no. Enter roll number instead of the registration number.
In Case Candidates Forget The RID
UPSC has provided the option to download the admit card with help of the Roll Number, but it is essential to remember your RID. AT least you should record it anywhere for future purpose.
Hence UPSC has provided the feature to fetch the Registration ID by providing the basic details such as
- Candidate’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth
Important Books for IAS 2018 for Mains
The right selection of books in UPSC IAS exam can be a game changer. We have shared some of the important books and their review form IAS toppers. These books are presented hereafter topper’s review of the book.
- Contemporary Essays by Ramesh Singh
- 151 essays For UPSC Mains Essay Paper by SC Gupta
- Social Problems In India – Ram Ahuja -Indian Society
- India After Gandhi–Ramchandra Guha -History – GS1
- IAS Mains General Studies Paper 2 (Arihant Manual – GS2)
- Governance in India -Laxmikanth -Governance – GS2
- Challenge and Strategy: Rethinking India’s Foreign Policy (Foreign Policy – GS2)
- IAS Mains General Studies – GS3– Arihant Manual – GS 3
- India’s National Security: A Reader -Internal Security – GS 3
- Challenges to Internal Security of India -Internal Security – GS3
- Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude – Ethics – GS4
- Bharat Ki Rajvyavastha (भारत की राजव्यवस्था) – By M. Laxmi Kanth.
- IAS Books – Indian Economy
- Prarambhik Bharat Ka Parichay (Hindi)
How to Remove Discrepancy in IAS 2018 Admit Card
Sometimes, due to the discrepancy on the IAS 2018 Admit Card, the candidature is canceled. Hence, after downloading the Admit Card the first thing you should do is to check all the details in it. If any of the detail is incorrect then candidates must inform UPSC. To do so, visit Facilitation Counter located in the Commission’s Office either in person or Call / E-mail at:
- Phone Number – Nos. 011-23381125/011- 23385271/011-23098543.
- E-mail Address – [email protected]
Note: If you fail to communicate with the commission. Then you will be responsible for the non-receipt of your e- Admission Certificate.
Examination Pattern of UPSC Civil Services for Mains
As the stages are three in the selection process. So you need to know all the major points of the IAS examination scheme.
Main Examination Pattern
The main examination will be subjective type. The candidates have to write the essays and the conventional answers for the question. Let’s understand the whole pattern for the main examination.
|Paper||Name of the Paper||Marks||Duration in Hours|
|Paper A||Any selected Indian languages as in schedule
8th of Constitution – Qualifying in nature
|Paper B||English – Qualifying in nature||300||03|
|Paper II||General Studies I||250||03|
|Paper III||General Studies II||250||03|
|Paper IV||General Studies III||250||03|
|Paper V||General Studies IV||250||03|
|Paper VI||Optional Subject||250||03|
|Paper VII||Optional Subject||250||03|
The main examination will be of conventional type. So there will be no negative marking. But if the writing of the candidate is not easily readable. The deduction will be made.
Instruction for Scribe in IAS 2018 Exam
UPSC releases the IAS 2018 Admit Card for the Scribe separately. The IAS 2018 Admit Card and the instructions list is present here on this page. For more information please go through the image.
Important Instructions Related to UPSC IAS 2018 Admit Card and Exam
When downloading the IAS 2018 Admit Card you will get a set of instruction on the official website. You should print and follow the instructions. We have also covered those instructions here.
- It is very important to carry your IAS 2018 Admit Card in the examination hall in each session. This will help you to secure your admission into the Examination hall.
- After printing the IAS 2018 Admit Card you should check for any discrepancy on the IAS 2018 Admit Card. If you found so then contact immediately to the UPSC Commission.
- The candidate should reach at the examination venue at least half an before the examination time. As the entry shall be closed 10 minutes before the exam. That means you have to enter in before 09:20 AM in morning and 02:20 PM in the noon.
- UPSC will not allow any electronic gadgets inside the exam hall. And do not bring your bag and valuable items at the exam venue. You will be liable for any loses.
- Do not tamper with the IAS 2018 Admit Card. If possible then take several prints of the admit card.
- In case your image on the IAS 2018 Admit Card is not clear. Then you have to bring the ID proof, 02 passport size photograph, and an undertaking document in the examination hall.
- After getting the question paper and the answer sheet. Please write your roll number immediately on it. While doing so please make sure that you do not omit any zeros in the roll no.
Examination Center of IAS 2018
UPSC conducts the main examination all over the country. The center list for examination is given below.
Examination Centers list for the main examination
- Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad,
- Bangalore, Bhopal
- Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack
- Dehradun, Delhi, Dispur (Guwahati)
- Jaipur, Jammu
- Raipur, Ranchi
- Shillong, Shimla