ITBP GD Constable Recruitment 2020: The Indo Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP) has published the official notification for the recruitment of Constable/General Duty under the sports quota-2020. The detailed recruitment notice can be downloaded from the official website i.e. recruitment.itbpolice.nic.in. The online application process is open since July 13, 2020. The last date to apply online for the recruitment is August 26, 2020. Eligible candidates with meritorious achievements in specified sports and complying with other eligibility conditions can apply online for the recruitment. The selection of candidates is based on the stages of documentation, physical tests, and merit list. Read this article to know about the complete process and terms & conditions of ITBP GD Constable Recruitment 2020.
Latest: Online applications for ITBP GD Constable Recruitment 2020 are ongoing.
ITBP GD Constable Recruitment 2020
According to the official recruitment notice, no written exam or test is to be conducted for the shortlisting of eligible applicants. However, candidates are evaluated on the basis of eligibility conditions, sports achievements and qualifying through physical and medical tests. Candidates are advised not to wait till the last date to apply online but proceed immediately. Know the completed schedule of events related to ITBP GD Constable Recruitment 2020 in the table below.
|Start of online application||13 Jul 2020|
|Last date to apply online||26 Aug 2020|
|Admit card||To be announced|
|Recruitment tests||To be announced|
|Results (Merit list)||To be announced|
Vacancy Details of ITBP GD Constable Recruitment 2020
ITBP has announced 51 vacancies in total for recruitment of meritorious sportsperson under the sports quota 2020. The vacancies are available across various disciplines (sports) for both male and female candidates. Check out the details below.
Eligibility Criteria For ITBP GD Constable Recruitment 2020
ITBP has specified the minimum and essential eligibility conditions to apply for the aforementioned recruitment. The recruitment is only for the meritorious sportsperson who comply with other specified eligibility criteria. Candidates can check out the eligibility conditions in detail below.
1. Educational Qualification – Matriculation or 10th class pass from a recognized board or University or equivalent.
2. Age Limit
- The Minimum Age of the candidates should not less than 18 years.
- Maximum Age of the candidates should be 23 years.
- The cutoff date for determining the age will be 26/08/2020.
3. Sports Qualification
Candidates who have participated or aced in sports competitions as indicated in the recruitment advertisement are eligible to apply. The participation must have taken place from 01/01/2018 till 26/08/2020. Check out the details below.
4. Physical Standards
It is necessary for all applicants to comply with the minimum physical standards are indicated in the official notification. The relaxations on the physical standards and the minimum height and chest for male and female applicants can be checked below.
5. Minimum Medical Standards
Candidates are also required to pass medical tests as the final stage of the selection process before appointment. The ITBP specifies the medical standards in terms of the vision & eye sight and other conditions which must be compliant with the standards prescribed by the ITBP for recruitment into the advertised posts.
- The minimum distance vision must be 6/6 and 6/9 for both eyes without spectacles/lenses.
- Colorblind candidates are not eligible for recruitment
- Candidates must not be suffering from medical conditions such as knock knee, flat foot, varicose veins, or squint in the eyes.
- Tattoos, if present, must be on the inner forearm (left) and of size 1/4 of the arm.
Application Process Of ITBP GD Constable Recruitment 2020
The application process of ITBP GD Constable Recruitment 2020 is online and candidates must note that the ITBP does not entertain any other modes of application. Check out the steps to go to the website and apply online for ITBP recruitment.
- Visit the recruitment website of ITBP i.e. recruitment.itbpolice.nic.in
- Click on new user registration
- Complete the registration process and log in to the website using the “Login” tab
- After logging in, click on the relevant option to apply for ITBP GD Constable Recruitment 2020
- Fill up the online application form and upload the specified documents
- Complete the process of payment of application fee and final submission of the application form.
An application fee of Rs 100 must be paid by candidates of the general (UR) and OBC categories. Candidates of other categories are exempted from the payment of the fees. Application fee must be paid through the website of the ITBP only.
Admit Card For ITBP GD Constable Recruitment 2020
ITBP issues admit cards for the candidates to appear in the recruitment/selection tests. The admit card contain the details of the date and time & venue of the recruitment and selection tests. This admit card is not sent to individual candidates but uploaded on the website of the ITBP for all eligible candidates. Candidates can login to download the admit card before the selection tests. Candidates must note that it is mandatory to have the admit card in printed copy to appear in the recruitment tests.
Selection Process of ITBP GD Constable Recruitment 2020
The selection process of ITBP GD Constable Recruitment 2020 consists of :
- Document Verification
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Merit List
The eligible candidates shall be issued Admit Card to appear in recruitment test. The date and place of recruitment test are indicated in the Admit Card.
1. Document Verification – The candidates will be required to provide the original and attested photocopies of the document related to their education qualification, proof of DOB, etc, and also submit the sports achievement Certificates of the sports discipline. The original certificates are returned to the candidates after the document verification. Identity verification using Biometric methods are also conducted at first.
2. Physical Standard Test – Candidates shortlisted after the document verification are screened for height, chest, and weight measurement by the board.
3. Merit List – Merit list is drawn on the basis of marks obtained in the the various parameters such as sports achievements (medals). In case two or more candidate secure the same marks, the candidate with the lower age is preferred. Higher marks candidates are place higher up the merit lost. Detailed Medical Examination of candidates is to be done in order of the merit lists.
Results of ITBP GD Constable Recruitment 2020
The final list of shortlisted candidates is published on the official website of the ITBP only. Candidates who take part in the recruitment selection tests can check the results from the website as per schedule. Finally selected candidates are appointed to the post of Constable (GD) under sports quota in the Level 3 of the Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC. The pay scale at this level is Rs 21,700 to 69,100.
Official Website: recruitment.itbpolice.nic.in
Official Advertisement: Click here to download
Q1. What is the age limit and relaxations?
Ans. The age limit is 18 to 23 years and relaxations on the upper limit are applicable as per government norms.
Q2. What is the website to apply for ITBP CT (GD) Recruitment 2020?
Q3. Is there an application fee involved?
Ans. Yes! An application fee of Rs 100 must be paid by UR & OBC candidates only.