NDA 2019 – Recently, UPSC has released the answer key of the NDA 2 2019 exam held on November 17, 2019. Earlier, UPSC has released the cut-off marks and the final result of NDA 2. It has been announced on upsconline.nic.in as pdf. UPSC NDA & NA is a national level exam, held twice a year, the second exam is called NDA II. UPSC NDA is the most popular choice for unmarried male candidates to get an entry into the Indian Army. The total vacancies under NDA 2 2019 are 415, of these 370 are for NDA, and 45 are for NA. The selected candidates will get entry in 144th Course of NDA, and 106th course of NA. Check NDA 2019 registration process, fee details, notification, eligibility, syllabus, and more information from this page.
Latest: UPS NDA 2 answer key has been released. Download Here.
NDA 2019 (2)
Is a pen and paper-based test, followed by SSB interview. UPSC is conducting NDA 2 2019 at 39 cities in India. Last cut off revealed for NDA exam was 325 out of 900, with at least 25% in each subject. To start with, here are the dates of NDA 2019 the second.
|NDA 2 2019||Important Dates|
|Notification and online application form||07 Aug 2019|
|Last date to apply online||03 Sep 2019|
|Admit card download||25 Oct 2019|
|NDA 2 2019 Exam Date||17 Nov 2019|
|Exam timing for Mathematics||10 am to 12.30 pm|
|Exam timing for General Ability Test||2 pm to 4.30 pm|
|Declaration of Result||12 Dec 2019|
|Declaration of Final Result||14 Sep 2020|
|Release of Answer Key||28 Sep 2020|
NDA 2 2019 Answer Key
UPSC has issued the official NDA answer key much later, after results. So prior to results, candidates can refer unofficial answer keys by coaching centers. NDA answer key is published for mathematics and GAT, for all sets namely A, B, C, D. Depending upon the question paper set that one gets in the exam center, corresponding answer key can be checked. Using the answer key and marking scheme, candidates can predict their score before result is announced.
NDA 2 2019 Admit Card
It is the document issued by Union Public Service Commission to (a) intimate exam center (b) is a mandatory document to be shown at the exam center.
All candidates who apply for the UPSC NDA exam, can download their e-admission certificate from upsc.gov.in, upsconline.nic.in before exam. The admit card contains exam center and timings, besides other details which are the same as entered by candidate in application form. It is mandatory to take the NDA admit card along with photo ID, and passport size photograph to the exam center.
NDA Exam Pattern
The scheme and syllabus of NDA 2 2019 has been designed keeping in mind the entry level of applicants. This exam tests knowledge and aptitude that would deem one suitable for the courses.
Mode of exam: Pen and paper based test
Exam Pattern of UPSC NDA and NDA is as follows.
|Name of paper||No. of qs||Marks||Time (in hrs)|
|General Ability Test||150||600*||2.5|
In GAT, 200 marks are for English, and 400 for General Knowledge.
Marking scheme is as follows:
- General Ability Test: +4, -4/3 (that is, candidates get 4 marks for correct answer, and 4/3 marks are deducted for incorrect answer).
- Mathematics: +2.5, -2.5/3 (that is, candidates get 2.5 marks for correct answer, and 2.5/3 marks are deducted for incorrect answer).
SSB Test / Interview
After written exam, there is SSB test and interview of 900 marks.
NDA 2 2019 Syllabus
Mathematics syllabus is of 10+2 level, and GAT syllabus is as expected from the age group intending to join NDA, NA. Complete syllabus for NDA exam is provided by UPSC in its notifications. For the purpose of preparation, candidates can refer toad the syllabus given below. However please cross check the topics from official notification as and when it comes.
Mathematics Syllabus for NDA
- Matrices and determinants
- Analytical geometry of 2 and 3 dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus and Differential Equations
- Vector algebra
- Statistics and probability
General Ability Test Syllabus for NDA
Part A – English: Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test.
Part B – General Knowledge: This has six sections, listed below.
- Physics (Section A)
- Chemistry (Section B)
- General Science (Section C)
- History, freedom movement (Section D)
- Geography (Section E)
- Current events (Section F)
For detailed syllabus with all sub topics you can Click Here.
NDA 2 2019 Vacancies
The Union Public Service Commission will announce number of vacancies for NDA 2 2019. In the meantime you can see previous exam’s vacancies.
NDA 2 2019 Exam Centers
UPSC will conduct NDA & NA examination are 30-40 cities in India. The list of cities where the exam is to be held is published in the notification. Until it is available, you can check where the exam is usually conducted from the map below.
You can get in touch with UPSC for NDA queries at:
- UPSC Facilitation Counter near Gate C of its campus.
- Telephone numbers 011-23385271/011-23381125/011- 23098543 (on any working day between 10 am to 5 pm).
NDA 2 2019 Age Limit
Candidates born between January 02, 2001, and January 01, 2004 are eligible.
If your date of birth lies on any date between the two dates given above, only then you are eligible for this exam. However, if your age is falling short due to this age restriction, then you can start preparing for NDA 2020 and appear in that.
There is no age relaxation for any category (none mentioned in notification). Also, date mentioned in matriculation (class 10th) or secondary school leaving certificate or in a certificate that serves as an equivalent is only acceptable.
Other Eligibility Criteria – Gender, Marital Status, Educational Qualification
Gender, Marital Status: Candidates should be unmarried male.
Educational Qualification for NDA Exam: Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria of NDA exam only must apply. In terms of educational qualification, the requirement is as follows.
|For Army Wing of National Defence Academy||12th Pass|
|For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy||12th pass with Physics and Mathematics|
- Candidates in class 11th cannot appear in this exam.
- Those who are in class 12th can apply, however they must submit requisite educational qualification proof by date prescribed by UPSC.
Physical Fitness: Physical guidelines are prescribed for NDA; candidate must be physically and mentally fit. Since a number of qualified candidates get rejected later due to not passing physical criteria, therefore candidates are advised to go through it first before applying. Download this document to know physical fitness criteria.
The following candidates are not eligible: Those debarred by Ministry of Defence from holding any type of Commission in Defence Services. And those who have failed CPSS / PABT earlier.
NDA 2 2019 Application Form
If you are interested and eligible for the exam, then you must fill and submit NDA 2 2019 Application Form as per above schedule. Here are the important things you should know.
Where to apply? There are two places through which you can apply, both lead to the same form. One is upsc.gov.in and the other is upsconline.nic.in.
Documents to upload
You need to upload photograph, signature, photo identity card in the online application form of UPSC NDA 2 2019. They should be as per following format.
|Document||Format||Size (in KB)||Dimension (in pixels)||Bit depth (in bit)|
|Photo||JPG||20-300||350 by 350 to 1000 by 1000||24|
|Signature||JPG||20-300||350 by 350 to 1000 by 1000||24|
Candidates need to pay Rs 100. However SC, ST, sons of serving / ex-Junior Commissioned Officers/Non Commissioned Officers / Other Ranks of Army and equivalent ranks in the Indian Navy/Indian Air Force are exempt from fee.
Modes of fee payment
- Online via Debit card, Credit Card, Internet Banking Payment
- Offline via Pay by Cash mode: In this mode you have to print the pay-in-slip and deposit the fee amount in SBI bank branch.
How to apply?
- Go to NDA 2 2019 application form.
- Click on part I registration.
- Go through all instructions given on page and note what documents to keep ready, what to scan, then press the Yes button.
- Part I registration opens. Here, enter all the details asked such as personal (name, gender, DOB, father’s name, mother’s name, nationality, marital status, community); educational qualification; address; photo identity card details. You will also have to enter preference between Army, Navy, Air Force, Naval Academy.
- Verify your application details.
- Upon completing Part I registration, the registration ID appears on the screen. Note it and keep it safely.
- No go to Part II registration.
- Here, you have to login first with registration ID and date of birth.
- Select exam center.
- Upload photograph, signature, photo identity card document.
- If application fee is applicable, then pay the fee next.
- Ensure that all details are correct in form, and submit it!
Withdrawal of NDA Application Form
Did you know that you can also withdraw your application form? This facility has been provided by the Union Public Service Commission for the ease of candidates. Those who do not want to appear for the examination can avail this facility in the given dates.
Only completely filled and submitted application forms can be withdrawn (not an incomplete form). Also, if candidate had submitted more than one forms, then only the last form can undergo withdrawal.
Visit the official website and fill the online form for withdrawing NDA 2 2019 application form. You will then receive an OTP at your registered mobile number and email. Upon submitting that, your request will be generated.
Please note that you will not get a fee refund.