UPSC NDA Syllabus 2020: The syllabus for UPSC NDA is provided in this article. UPSC conducts examination for NDA NA 1. A written examination is conducted by UPSC after which candidates are called for further rounds of selection. UPSC NDA 2020 is conducted in two papers – Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT). Paper of Mathematics is conducted for 300 marks and the General ability test is conducted for 200 marks. For the preparation, candidates can refer to the syllabus. Check detailed UPSC NDA Syllabus 2020 in the article.
UPSC NDA Syllabus 2020
Check the detailed NDA syllabus for Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT) below.
UPSC NDA syllabus for Mathematics
- ALGEBRA – Concept of set, Venn diagrams, Cartesian product, relation, equivalence relation, operations on sets, De Morgan laws, Representation of real numbers on a line, Binary system of numbers, Complex numbers, Quadratic equations with real coefficients, Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system, Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions, Solution of linear inequations of two variables by graphs, Binomial theorem and its applications, Permutation and Combination, Logarithms and their applications.
- MATRICES AND DETERMINANTS – Types nad operations of matrices, basic properties of determinants, Determinant of a matrix, 18 Applications-Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method, Adjoint and the inverse of a square matrix.
- TRIGONOMETRY – Multiple and Sub-multiple angles, Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians, Trigonometric identities, Inverse trigonometric functions, Trigonometrical ratios, Sum and difference formulae, Applications-Height and distance, properties of triangles.
- ANALYTICAL GEOMETRY OF TWO AND THREE DIMENSIONS – Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system, Point in a three-dimensional space, the distance between two points, Direction Cosines and direction ratios, Eccentricity and axis of a conic, Equation of a line in various forms, The angle between the two lines.Direction Cosines and direction ratios, distance of a point from a line, Distance formula, Equation of a circle in standard and in general form, Standard forms of parabola, ellipse and hyperbola. Equation two points, Equation of a plane and a line in various forms, Angle between two lines and angle between two planes.
- DIFFERENTIAL CALCULUS – Concept of a real-valued function–domain, range and graph of a function, Composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions, Notion of limit, Standard limit, Continuity of functions, algebraic operations on continuous functions, Derivative of function at a point, geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative—applications, Derivatives of sum, product and quotient of functions, derivative of a function with respect to another function, derivative of a composite function, Second-order derivatives, Increasing and decreasing functions. Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima.
- INTEGRAL CALCULUS AND DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS – Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution and by parts, Evaluation of definite integrals, trigonometric, exponential and hyperbolic functions, Application in problems of growth and decay, the formation of a differential equation by examples, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, General and particular solution of a differential equation, Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, solution of the first order and first-degree differential equations of various types.
- VECTOR ALGEBRA – Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude and direction of a vector, Unit and null vectors, addition of vectors, scalar product or dot product of two vectors, scalar multiplication of a vector, cross product or Vector product of two vectors, work done by a force and moment of a force.
- STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY –
Statistics: Classification of data, Frequency, cumulative frequency distribution, Graphical representation- Histogram, Pie Chart, frequency polygon, Mean, median and mode, Variance and standard deviation, Correlation and regression.
Probability: Random experiment, outcomes and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events, Union and Intersection of events. Complementary, elementary and composite events, Definition of probability, Elementary theorems on probability, Conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem.
UPSC NDA syllabus for General Ability Test
- Grammar, General vocabulary, comprehension, cohesion in extended teat to check the candidate’s knowledge about the language.
- Section ‘A’ (Physics)-
- Physical Properties and States of Matter, Motion of objects, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Force and Momentum, Gravitation, Effects of Heat, Static and Current Electricity, Ohm’s Law, Simple Pendulum, Simple Pulleys, Spherical mirrors and Lenses, Human Eye, change of State and Latent Heat, elementary ideas of work, Power and Energy, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies, Measurement of Temperature and Heat.
- Section ‘B’ (Chemistry)
- Oxidation-reduction, Physical and Chemical changes, Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Law of Chemical Combination, Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen, and Carbon dioxide, Fertilizers, the structure of Atom, Valency.
- Section ‘C’ (General Science)
- Food, Constituents of food, Solar System, Basis of Life – cell, Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals, knowledge of Human Body and its organs.
- Section ‘D’ (History, Freedom Movement etc.)
- Renaissance, War of American Independence, French Revolution, Concept of one World, United Nations, Democracy, Socialism and Communism, Freedom Movement in India, A broad survey of Indian History, Industrial Revolution and Russian Revolution.
- Section ‘E’ (Geography)
- The Earth, Lattitudes and Longitudes, Movements of Earth and their effects, Origin of Earth, Rocks , Ocean Currents and Tides, Atmosphere and its composition, Humidity, Condensation and Precipitation, Types of Climate,Regional Geography of India, Mineral and Power resources, Important Sea ports and main sea, land and air routes of India, Main items of Imports and Exports of India.
- Section ‘F’ (Current Events)
- Events around the world to check the knowledge of candidates about the events happening in and around the world.
NDA 2020 Intelligence and Personality Test
Check the screenshot given below, to know about the details of Intelligence and Personality Test.
About NDA 2020
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the examination for National Defence Academy and Naval Academy examination (NDA NA 1). Candidates who have passed the 10+2 pattern examination from a university or board are eligible for the course. Selecion is done on the basis of two stages written examination and interview round. If a candidate is found not having officer qualities then he will e considered disqualified. Also, candidates should be qualifying the age limit. Only unmarried male candidates are eligibile to apply.