SSC CGL 2020 Tier-II Exam – Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Mains Exam is now around the corner. The SSC CGL Mains Exam is scheduled from November 15, 2020 to November 18, 2020. Moreover, the exam day instructions are also published recently with SSC CGL admit card. Aspirants can check the social distancing guidelines for mains exam from ssc.nic.in. It is crucial for candidates to abide by these instructions to be able to appear for the exam. Know SSC CGL 2020 Mains Exam Guidelines, Document to Carry to the exam centre, Preparation Tips, and much more in this article.
Latest: The SSC CGL Mains Exam 2020 will take place on 15 Nov 2020 to 18 Nov 2020. Check the exam day guidelines and SOPs here.
SSC CGL 2020 Tier-II (Mains Exam)
The exam for SSC CGL mains was earlier scheduled for October the postponed to November 2020. However, the dates later got rescheduled from November 15, 2020 to November 18, 2020. Check important dates below.
|Release date of Admit card for tier II||06 Nov 2020 onwards|
|Exam dates for Tier-II (CBE)|
15 Nov 2020 to 18 Nov 2020
Official Website: ssc.nic.in
SSC CGL 2020 Mains Exam Guidelines
A few days before the exam, SSC has published certain guidelines. These instructions should be strictly followed by the participating aspirants for the smooth commencement of the exam. These exam instructions are also available on SSC CGL mains admit card.
- Aspirants are suggested to reach the exam centre before the reporting time mentioned on the admit card.
- Avoid crowding outside the SSC CGL exam centre.
- Ball pens and rough sheets are available at the exam centre. Candidates are suggested not to carry any extra page or pen to the centre.
- The list of documents that should be carried to the exam centre is mentioned in the next section. Carefully read that.
- It is mandatory to carry hand sanitizer to the exam centre.
- Candidates have to wear face mask/ face shield all the time, in and outside the exam centre.
- Maintain social distancing inside and outside the exam centre.
- Also, as per the general instructions issued, candidates have to carry a COVID-19 self-declaration form.
- No electronic gadget, the study material is inside the exam centre premises.
- It is also compulsory to go through the thermal screening that is organized at the entry gate.
Social Distancing Guidelines
SSC CGL 2020 Mains Admit Card – Available!
The SSC CGL 2020 Mains Exam admit card is now available for all the regional websites. Aspirants who are appearing for the mains exam can download it from the link below.
Click here to download SSC CGL Mains Admit Card 2020.
How to Download SSC CGL 2020 Tier-II Admit Card?
SSC CGL 2 Tier 2 Admit Card by Gradeup
SSC CGL Tier 2 Admit Card by Testbook
Document to carry to SSC CGL Tier-II Exam Centre
There are certain documents that aspirants are asked to carry to the SSC CGL Tier-II exam. Here is the checklist of documents that one has to bear to SSC CGL Tier-II Exam Centre
- SSC CGL Mains admit card
- 02 passport size photographs
- Photo identity card
- Print of e-Aadhar or Original Aadhar card
- Driving license
- Voter ID card
- ID card that is issued by school, college or university
- Discharge book of ex-servicemen, issued only by Ministry of Defence
- Employer ID Card of PSU or Government
- Any ID card bearing candidate’s photo issued by either state or central government
SSC CGL Mains Exam Pattern
Now that a few days are left for the mains exam, aspirants are advised to revise the exam pattern. With that, check the syllabus as well to ensure that no topic is left untouched.
SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Pattern:
- Mode of Examination: Online examination
- Duration: 02 hours for each paper.
- No. of Questions: 500 questions for each paper
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice question format.
- Marking scheme:
- For paper II, there is negative marking of 0.25 marks.
- For Paper I, III, IV there is a negative marking of 0.5 marks,
|Subjects||No. of MCQs||Total Marks of Each Subject|
|Paper I – Qualitative Ability||100||200|
|Paper II – Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper III – Statistics (For Statistical Investigator Post)||100||200|
|Paper IV – Finance & Accounts and |
Economics & Governance
(For Assistant Audit Officer in C & AG)
SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam Pattern:
- Mode of Examination: Pen-paper examination (offline examination).
- Duration: 01 hour to solve the question paper.
- Type of Questions: Descriptive question paper.
- Marking scheme: There is no negative marking in SSC CGL Tier III.
|Mode of Exam||Scheme of SSC CGl Tier III||Total Marks of Exam|
|Pen and Paper / Offline||Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi|
Candidates have to
write Essays/Precis/Letter/Applications etc.
Know the details SSC CGL Mains Syllabus here – Click here
SSC CGL 2020 Mains Preparation Tips
Before appearing for SSC CGL Mains exam and to crack it, here are some last minute preparations tips. Go through them and prepare accordingly.
#1 Candidates are suggested to stick to the study schedule till the last minute they have to preparation/ revision. It allows candidates to manage time between preparation and rest.
#2 Stay motivated and solve the questions with a calm mind. Do not hurry while solving questions or revising topics.
#3 It is important to note that there is negative marking in SSC CGL Mains exam. For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks are deducted from the total marks. So mark answers carefully.
#4 Avoid guessing answers. As there is negative marking, candidates score may decrease if they mark incorrect answers.
#5 Keep practising the previous year question papers, mock tests, practise papers of SSC CGL.
SSC CGL 2020 Mains Question Paper
Candidates must have prepared hard for SSC CGL Mains Exam. With the dreams of clearing the mains exam, aspirants are advised to practise till the last minute. So, to help our readers with this, we have provided here direct links for SSC CGL Question papers. Also, the direct links for SSC CGL mock tests are available. Hence candidates can use these link to practise more.
SSC CGL Mains Exam 2020 – Revision Tips
Before the big day, aspirants should revise what they have studied so far. With only a few days left, aspirants can refer to the videos available below by various SSC CGL mentors. These videos are available on various online platforms such as youtube, google search and others. These will help them to go through the important topics one more time and increase their chances of better marks in SSC CGL exam.
SSC CGL Tier-II Revision Video by Gv witmover
Expected Questions for SSC CGL Mains exam 2020 by Testbook.com
SSC CGL Mains exam 2020 English Preparation by Unacademy
About SSC CGL
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is entrusted with the responsibility to conduct the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam. This exam is conducted on an annual basis that that aspirant can appear for SSC CGL exam each year. The SSC CGL exam is conducted to appoint eligible candidates for the Group B and Group C posts under Government Departments and Ministries. To get selected under these posts, aspirants have to appear for a three-tier exam. The first stage is the prelims exam followed by the mains exam. Thereafter, candidates can appear for tier-3 exam (descriptive exam) and skill test.