Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Karnataka Kerala Region has released a notification for the postponement of Skill Test. SSC KKR has decided to hold up the skill test considering COVID-19 widespread. SSC CHSL 2018 was initially scheduled from April 07, to April 09, 2020. However, taking care of the larger public interest, SSC KKR has postponed the examination. A revised schedule for the examination will be released soon in due time. Candidates are advised to visit the official website of SSC to get the recent updates for SSC CHSL 2018 Skill Test.
SSC KKR CHSL 2018 Skill Test Postponed Notice
SSC KKR has recently released a notice for the re-scheduling of the examination. Get the official notice for SSC CHSL KKR 2018 below:
From this notification, we can conclude that:
- SSC has decided to postpone the examination due to COVID-19.
- The examination was supposed to be conducted from April 07-09 2020.
- Now that the examination is postponed, candidates have to wait for further notice.
- Through this further notice, candidates are informed about the re-scheduled dates of the examination.
About SSC CHSL 2018
The examination for SSC CHSL 2018 Skill Test has been postponed. Know what has happened till now in the recruitment process, what is SSC CHSL, and other necessary details from the information below:
- Tier-I (Preliminary Examination) and Tier-II (Main Examination) are conducted earlier.
- The date for SSC CHSL was fixed from April 07-09 2020.
- Skill Test –Through skill Test, candidates typing speed is tested. The required typing speed is 8000 depressions per hour on the computer.
- Number of vacancies – SSC CHSL has total 4893 vacancies.
- Selection Procedure – The selection of candidates for SSC CHSL is done through 03 stages – Preliminary examination, main examination, and skill test.
- Salary – The pay scale for each post differs. Here are the pay scales of different posts under SSC CHSL.
- LDC/JSA – Pay band – Rs.5200/- -Rs. 20200/- (Grade pay – Rs. 1900)
- Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant – Pay band – Rs.5200/- -Rs. 20200/- (Grade pay – Rs. 2400)
- DEO – Pay band – Rs.5200/- -Rs. 20200/- (Grade pay – Rs. 2400)
- DEO Grade A – Pay band – Rs.5200/- -Rs. 20200/- (Grade pay – Rs. 2400)
Click here to know about SSC CHSL 2018
Impact on Other Government Jobs
Along with SSC CHSL, several other examinations were postponed. Be it state level or national level examination, every authority is taking the precautionary measures. Taking the public interest in consideration the following examinations are postponed.
- SSC CHSL 2019
- SSC JE
- Indian Army
- MPSC State Service
- RSMSSB Exams
- APPSC Examination
- LIC AAO/AA/Assistant Engineers
- UPSC has postponed the interview and personality tests.
Click here to know about Government jobs that are postponed due to COVID-19
How to Utilize Time When the Examination is Postponed?
Now that the examination is postponed, candidates should not relax. It is the examination that is postponed but not the preparation. Here are tips that candidates may consider to utilize this extended time.
#1 Stay Positive
It is disheartening to hear the news that the examination is postponed. However, we advise aspirants to be optimistic. See this as an opportunity to prepare better for the Skill Test. Stay positive and optimistic. Negative thoughts may hinder the preparation and confidence. Each day wake up with a different energy. Keep yourself busy with study.
#2 Practise Typing
SSC aspirants already know that skill test is conducted to test candidates typing speed. Practice the typing each day to increase the speed.
#3 Prepare in a better way
Preparation for an examination never ends. The more you practise, chances for the selection increases. There are several online videos available on Youtube for the preparation of skill test. You can refer to this for the preparation.