Staff Selection Commission Northern Region (SSC NR) has released notice postponing the skill test for SSC CHSL 2018. Initially, the test was scheduled from April 04 2020 onwards. As a precautionary measure against COVID-19, SSC has decided to hold up the skill test process. The Skill Test dates will be re-scheduled by the Staff Selection Commission. Get the recent updates for the examination through the official website of SSC NR, sscnr.net.in.
What the notice discuss:
By reading the notification, what a candidate get to know
- Who has postponed the examination – SSC NR region
- Initial date of examination – April 04, 2020 onwards
- The reason behind the postponement – COVID-19
- New date to SSC NR CHSL 2018 Skill Test – Not yet announced
- How to get the notice – Visit the official website daily to get the recent updates for the recruitment.
The notification for the postponement of SSC NR CHSL 2018 Skill Test is given below:
SSC NR CHSL 2018
The examination is now postponed until further notice of SSC. To know about what all had happened in the recruitment process, what is coming up, and other necessary details read the information below:
- Till now, tier – I and Tier -II that is the preliminary and main examination is conducted. The skill test was supposed to be conducted from April 04 2020 onwards. But now due to coronavirus, SSC NR has decided to postpone the examination.
- What is the Skill Test – With the help of skill test/typing test, SSC tests candidates tying speed. It is necessary to have a speed of minimum 8000 depression per hour.
- Total Number of vacancies – SSC CHSL has total 4893 vacancies.
- Selection Procedure – The selection of candidates for SSC CHSL 2018 is done through 03 steps – preliminary examination (Tier -I ), main examination( Tier II), and skill test.
- Salary – The pay scale for each post differs. Here are the pay scales of different posts of SSC CHSL.
- For LDC/JSA – Pay band – Rs.5200/- -Rs. 20200/- (Grade pay – Rs. 1900)
- For Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant – Pay band – Rs.5200/- -Rs. 20200/- (Grade pay – Rs. 2400)
- For DEO – Pay band – Rs.5200/- -Rs. 20200/- (Grade pay – Rs. 2400)
- For DEO Grade A – Pay band – Rs.5200/- -Rs. 20200/- (Grade pay – Rs. 2400)
Click here to know about SSC CHSL 2018
Impact of COVID-19 on Other Government Jobs
Not only SSC NR CHSL Skill Test, but SSC KKR has also postponed the skill test recently. Every day there are many recruitment exam that are getting postponed. This is done to reduce the risk of COVID-19. Every examination be it national level or state level is conducted wherein several candidates accumulate at the same spot. To avoid any transmission, several recruitment bodies have decided to delay the examination schedule.
Recently, these examinations were postponed:
- SSC KKR CHSL 2018 Skill Test
- LIC Assistant Engineer/AA/AAO Specialist
- APPSC Examination
- RSMSSB exams
- SSC CHSL 2019 Prelims
- SSC JE exam
- MPSC State Service
- Indian Army, and many more
What to do when the Examination is Postponed?
Several candidates find it hard to cope up with the sudden postponement of the examination. To utilize the time to its fullest, refer to the tips provided below.
#1 Postponement of examination does not mean that its time to relax. See this as an occasion for better preparation. No matter how much candidate have prepared, the more time they get the more they can utilize.
#2 For preparation, candidates are advised to stay at home and prepare through online classes. They can also pick up some online study plans and books to avoid any contact from the outer world.
#3 Trust only official resources, SSC website and authentic study websites for future news. There are chances that the resources candidates receive are tampered or misleading. Cross verify every details before trusting it.
Stay positive and energetic. Everything will fall into place, just be patient.