UGC NET Result 2020 – UGC NET June 2020 Exam E-Certificate is now available. Candidates can get the E-certificate of UGC NET 2020 online at ugcnet.nta.nic.in. Also, NTA has recently declared UGC NET Result online. Aspirants require the application number and date of birth/password to log in and check UGC NET 2020 Result. Along with the result NTA has released the UGC NET June 2020 cut off percent. The final answer keys for UGC NET 2020 with question papers are now available for all the subjects. Get complete details on UGC NET Result 2020 including the cut off marks, qualifying marks in this article.
Latest: NTA has activated the link to download UGC NET 2020 June E-Certificate. Also, check UGC NET June 2020 cut off from below.
UGC NET Result 2020
Last year, 1034872 candidates applied for the exam out of which 793813 appeared. Only 06% of the total candidates are declared qualified for UGC NET. Hence, 60147 qualified for Assistant professor and 5092 qualified JRF and assistant professor. Check the important dates for UGC NET result 2020 below.
|UGC NET 2020 exam||24, 25, 29, 30 Sep 2020|
01, 09, 17 Oct 2020
04, 05, 11, 12, 13 Nov 2020
|Release of final answer key||30 Nov 2020|
|Declaration of result|
01 Dec 2020
|E-certificate||10 Dec 2020|
- Click here to download UGC NET June 2020 E-certificate.
Check result here:
- Click here to check UGC NET 2020 result.
- Click here to check List of Candidates Qualified for Award of ‘National Fellowship for Other Backward Classes (NFOBC).
- Click here to check List of Candidates Qualified for Award of ‘National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste Students (NFSC).
- Click here to check List of Candidates Qualified for Award of ‘National Fellowship for Minority Students (MANF).
- Click here to check notice regarding UGC NET June 2020 result.
UGC NET 2020 Qualifying Marks
Qualifying marks that candidates have to secure to qualify for ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ and ‘Assistant Professor’ are as follows:
|SC, ST, OBC, PWD, Transgender||35%|
UGC NET Previous Year Cutoff Marks
Get the previous year cut off marks for UGC NET 2020 from the table provided below:
|UGC NET Exam||Qualifying criteria and cut-off (%)|
|UGC NET June 2019||Click here for cut off of UGC NET June 2019|
|UGC NET Dec 2018||Click here for cut off of UGC NET Dec 2018|
|UGC NET Jan 2017||Click here for cut off of UGC NET Jan 2017|
|UGC NET July 2016||Click here for cut off of UGC NET July 2016|
|UGC NET Dec 2015||Click here for cut off of UGC NET Dec 2015|
|UGC NET June 2015||Click here for cut off of UGC NET Jun 2015|
|UGC NET December 2014||Click here for cut off of UGC NET Dec 2014|
|UGC NET June 2014||Click here for cut off of UGC NET Jun 2014|
How to check UGC NET Result 2020?
NTA declares the result for UGC NET 2020 through online process. To check UGC NET result, follow the steps provided below:
1st step: Visit the official website of UGC NET, ugcnet.nta.nic.in or click on the direct link provided above to check result.
2nd step: Click on ‘view result/scorecard’ link.
3rd step: Now, choose any one of the options to login. Candidates can either opt for ‘application number and date of birth’ or for ‘application number and password’.
4th step: Enter the login details asked on the screen.
5th step: Click on ‘sign in’ button. UGC NET 2020 result 2020 is displayed on the screen.
Retrieve Login details to check UGC NET Result 2020
In case candidates have misplaced their login credentials for UGC NET 2020, do not panic. Just follow the steps we have provided here to access the result of UGC NET June 2020.
Process to get Application Number
- Reach the login page where candidates have to check their UGC NET result.
- Click on ‘forgot application number‘.
- Now enter the following details – candidate name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth and security pin.
- Click on ‘get application number’.
Process to get Password
- Go to the login page to check UGC NET result.
- Click on the ‘forgot password’ link.
- Now choose any one option-
- Using security question and its answer
- Verification code sent via SMS to the registered mobile number.
- Reset link sent via email to the registered email address of aspirant.
- Enter the details asked after choosing any one option to reset the password.
- Click on the ‘submit’ button.
UGC NET Scorecard 2020
The UGC NET scorecard that candidates download should be kept safe for future reference sometime in future. The details that are present on the scorecard of UGC NET are as follows:
- Roll number
- Application number
- Candidate name
- Mother name
- Father name
- Person with disability or not
- Number of candidates applied and appeared
- Post applied for
- Marks obtained by the candidate
- Percentage of marks
- Final result
UGC NET Scorecard 2020
Procedure for the Declaration of UGC NET Result
For the declaration of UGC NET result, NTA follows the following procedure:
1st step: The number of candidates that qualify the UGC NET is 06% of the total number of candidates for both papers.
2nd step: Total slots available for the are allocated to different categories as per reservation rules.
3rd step: Third step is that, candidates have to secure the minimum qualifying marks specified for JRF and Assistant Professor.
4th step: Number of candidates selected for UGC NET subject wise is derived by referring to the methodology provided below.
5th step: The total number of slots available for awarding JRF is allocated as per different reservation policy. Refer to the image below to know more.
What after the declaration of UGC NET Result 2020?
After the result is declared, qualified candidates are awarded with e-certificate and JRF award letter. Know more about these certificates below:
- Those who qualify For assistant professor are awarded with e-certificate.
- The validity for electronic certificate is forever. This means that this certificate never expires.
JRF Award Letter
- JRF award letter is given to those who qualify for the Junior Research Fellowship.
- Such candidates receive fellowship under the various scheme of UGC.
- The validity of the JRF certificate is 3 years from the date of issue of JRF award letter.
How to download E-certificate and JRF Award Letter for UGC NET 2020 Result?
After the declaration of UGC NET result 2020, qualified candidates can download their e-certificate and JRF award letter online. National Testing Agency releases the certificate on the official website. Follow the steps provided for downloading the certificates:
1st step: Visit the official website ugcnet.nta.nic.in or click on the direct link.
2nd step: On the home page, click on ‘e-certificate and JRF award letter for qualified candidates of UGC NET June 2020’.
3rd step: Now, enter the details asked in the login page – roll number or application number, date of birth (as entered in the application form), exam session, and captcha. Enter the ‘proceed’ button.
4th step: E-certificate and JRF award letter is displayed on the screen.
UGC NET 2020 Statistics
National Testing Agency (NTA) successfully conducted UGC NET June 2020 exam. Total 8,60,976 candidates registered this year for the examination this year. Out of these, 5,26,707 candidates appeared for the exam. Check the gender and category wise number of candidate appeared for the exam below.
National Testing Agency (NTA) is an Indian agency that conducts the entrance examination for higher educational institutions. Official website of NTA is nta.ac.in. The agency is chaired by an eminent educationist who is appointed by the Ministry of Human Resource Development. NTA holds the responsibility to conduct examination for Joint Entrance examination – Main (JEE – Main), National Eligibility Test (NET), Common Management Admission Test (CMAT), National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – Undergraduate (NEET UG), and Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT).
UGC NET 2020 Result Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Candidates have to secure a minimum of 40% marks to qualify for UGC NET.
Ans : After a candidate qualifies for JRF, they are awarded with JRF award letter. This letter remains valid for 03 years.
Ans : All you have to do is to visit the official website, login using the details and download the certificates. Get more precise procedure in the article.