UPSC CMS Books 2022 – Union Public Service Commission Combined Medical Services Examination or UPSC CMS is conducted by UPSC. This test is conducted to recruit posts like Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Service, Assistant Divisional Medical Officer, General Duty Medical Officer etc. To qualify in UPSC CMS 2022 exam candidates must secure a score equal to or above the cut off marks decided by UPSC. To know more about the syllabus, exam pattern tips and tricks for preparation and the best books for securing a higher rank in UPSC CMS Exam 2022 keep reading this article till the end.
UPSC CMS Books 2022
In order to crack a competitive exam like UPSC CMS candidates must prepare by referring to informative books that are updated and are suitable according to the syllabus. Candidates can refer to this section for the best books that could be used as a study companion to ace UPSC CMS 2022.
|Bailey & Love’s Short Practice Of Surgery, 27Th Edition: International Student’s Edition (Set Volume 1 & 2)||Check Price|
|Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, Twentieth Edition (Vol.1 & Vol.2) 20th Edition: – Volume I & Volume II||Check Price|
|Rapid Digest UPSC Combined Medical Services Examination 16th Edition 2021 by Arun Yadav Koley||Check Price|
|Prasad Comprehensive Guide To combined Medical Services (UPSC) 8th Edition by Prakash Nayak Rajeev Kumar||Check Price|
|Comprehensive Solutions Combined Medical Services (Cms) UPSC by Dr.Afsar Khan||Check Price|
|Prasad Comprehensive Guide To Combined Medical Services UPSC/CMS (2001-2019) Solved Questions 7th Edition 2020||Check Price|
|UPSC CMS 2020 SOLVED PAPER by Dr. Singaram||Check Price|
|Target UPSC CMS||Check Price|
|Convexity and Well posed problems||Check Price|
UPSC CMS Preparation Tips
As UPSC CMS is an exam in MCQ format, mock tests are the best way to prepare for it. Speed is a key element when it comes to solving MCQs. And it is important to give each subject enough time and individual attention according to their corresponding weightage.
- Standardized textbooks like Bailey and Love (for Surgery) and Harrisons (for medicine) should be referred to
- Refer also to the Previous Year Question Papers of CMS
- Try to cover the entire syllabus for the Paper I concentrate more on General Medicine than paediatrics as 96 questions will be asked of General Medicine whereas only 24 questions can be expected from Pediatrics
- Trauma, GI, Urology, General Surgery, Transplant are important topics in surgery
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the case of UPSC CMS, so candidates should make sure that they do enough mock tests to ensure accuracy and avoid errors
UPSC CMS Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2022
Knowing the exam pattern of UPSC CMS Exam will help the candidates in understanding the marks allotted to each subject and thereby the candidates can arrive at the learned conclusion of how much time to devote to each subject.
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Duration of exam: 4 hours for the written exam
- Type of questions: Multiple choice question(MCQ) format.
- Total marks: 500 marks for written exam
- Number of questions: 240 questions for written exam
- Marking scheme : – 0.33 marks each for every incorrect answer and no negative marking for unanswered questions.
|Paper I||Number of questions|
|Paper II||Number of questions|
|Gynaecology & Obstetrics||40|
|Preventive & Social Medicine||40|
About UPSC CMS
UPSC Combined Medical Services or UPSC CMS is an annual nationwide exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to recruit eligible candidates to posts such as Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Service, Assistant Divisional Medical Officer, General Duty Medical Officer etc. The exam is conducted in two stages – Written Examination and Interview. The UPSC CMS written exam is computer-based and will have two papers – Paper 1 and Paper-II. Paper I will have General Medicine and Pediatrics and Paper-II will have Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics and Preventive & Social Medicine.
Best Books for UPSC CMS 2022 FAQs
Ans. UPSC CMS Exam 2022 is an online examination
Ans. Aspirants preparing for the UPSC CMS exam can get preparation books from Amazon, Flipkart etc.
Ans. First, aspirants have to understand the UPSC CMS syllabus and exam pattern. Thereafter, refer to best books for UPSC CMS exam.
Ans. UPSC CMS is a national level exam which makes it tougher than other exams. You can prepare with UPSC CMS syllabus, exam pattern and best books.