UPSC CMS Previous Year Question Papers – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every year conducts Combined Medical Services Examination (CMS) for the recruitment at various posts like Medical officers in railways, Assistant Divisional Medical Officers, General Duty Medical Officer, Junior scale posts etc. UPSC CMS previous year question papers on this page contain all the question sets that were asked in previous years. Candidates preparing for the exam must go through this question papers at least once to help them know the blueprint of the question paper, the type of questions that are asked so that they can practice and prepare for the final examination they are going to give. Given below are the UPSC CMS previous year question papers.
UPSC CMS Previous Year Question Papers
Follow the links given below to download or view the UPSC CMS previous year question papers:
- UPSC CMS Question Paper 2019
- UPSC CMS Question Paper 2018
- UPSC CMS Question Paper 2017
- UPSC CMS Question Paper 2016
- UPSC CMS Question Paper 2015
These exam papers are very helpful in order to crack the exam by solving this UPSC CMS previous year question papers. Candidates can get an exact idea about the exam pattern and the difficulty of the exam. Sometimes the same sort of question papers could be asked again at that time the paper solving technique could be beneficial to the candidate.
How to use the UPSC CMS Previous Year Question Paper
UPSC CMS can be used as per candidates’ use. Here are some uses which candidates can refer to if confused with the previous year question paper.
- Mock test: Candidates can use UPSC CMS previous year question paper as a mock test. Candidates can practice them for the real examination. This prepares the applicant in the best possible way.
- Knowledge about syllabus: The syllabus can be known through the previous year question paper as well. Candidates can also refer to our page for UPSC CMS syllabus.
- Importance of each section: Previous year paper helps candidates to know about the weightage and importance of the sections.
- Strategize examination day: By this, we mean that candidates will get know about the time-consuming section and easy section by practising the previous year question paper.
How to get UPSC CMS Previous Year Question Papers
Applicants can either download UPSC CMS previous year question papers from this page or the website. To download the previous year question paper from the website follow the steps below.
1st step: Visit the UPSC website, upsc.gov.in.
2nd step: When landed on the home page, click on the ‘examination’ link.
3rd step: A drop down list will appear having the option of ‘previous year question paper’. Click on the link.
4th step: Once clicked on that link, candidates have to search for the “Combined Medical Services” exam paper.
5th step: Download the question paper from the link provided on the page.
UPSC CMS Answer Keys
After the commencement of examination, the answer keys for the same is released after the careful examination. Unofficial and official both answer keys are released but candidates are advised to refer only official answer key released at the official UPSC website.
To use the answer key with the question paper and calculate marks, the applicants must be aware of the examination pattern of CMS. The examination pattern for UPSC CMS 2020 is as follows:
- Mode: The exam is a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Language: The language of the CMS paper is English.
- Duration: Total duration of CMS exam is 2 hours
- Types of questions: An objective type paper or multiple choice questions are asked in the paper.
- Max. marks: 250 marks for each section.
- Marking scheme: It follows a negative marking of 1/3rd of correct answers.
|Paper I||Marks: 250|
|General Medicine||96 questions|
|Paper-II||Max Marks: 250|
|Gynaecology & Obstetrics||40 questions|
|Preventive & Social Medicine||40 questions|
About UPSC CMS
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the examination for medical officers under the recruitment of Combined Medical Service (CMS). Applicants must have the minimum educational qualification which is required for CMS is a cleared MBBS degree with written and practical examination cleared. Candidates must not have exceeded the maximum age limit of 32 years. For the post of CMS, applicants have to clear both the stages of selection procedure – written examination and personality test. Also, the document verification round is organized to evaluate the eligibility of the candidate.