UPSC IFS 2020 – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official notification for Indian Forest Service (IFS) 2020. Apply online from February 12, 2020 to March 03, 2020 through upsc.gov.in. Get complete details of UPSC IFS 2020 including application form, eligibility, admit card, result, here.
Latest: UPSC has released the official notification for UPSC IAS 2020. UPSC IFS 2020 application form is now available. Click here to apply.
This year, UPSC has released 90 vacancies for Indian Forest Service (IFS). Know important dates for IFS 2020 in the table.
|IFS 2020||Important Dates|
|Notification Date||12 Feb 2020|
|Start of application||12 Feb 2020|
|Last date to apply||03 March 2020|
|Issuance of admit card||3 weeks before exam|
|Exam date||31 May 2020|
|IFS (Main)||22 Nov 2020|
UPSC IFS 2020 Notification
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released UPSC IFS 2020 official notification. Click on the image below to download UPSC IFS 2020 notification.
IFS 2020 Application Form
The application form for IFS 2020 is now available at the official website, upsc.gov.in. Candidates have to fill the application form for civil services (pre) which acts as the screening test for the selection for IFS (main). Those qualify for IFS (main) exam have to fill a detailed application form to appear for IFS (main) examination.
How to apply?
To apply, visit the official website, upsc.gov.in. Scroll a little to find an option ‘apply online’ present at the right side. Once done, click on ‘online application for various examination of UPSC’. A list of the application form available is displayed on the screen. Apply for the examination by providing the basic personal details, educational qualification, category, etc.
- Candidates applying for civil services (pre) exam are required to pay the application fee of Rs.100/-.
- Female candidates/SC/ST/PwBD are exempted from the submission of fee.
- Fee can be submitted online using net banking facility of State Bank of India (SBI) or Visa/Master/RuPay/Credit/Debit card.
- Those opting for ‘pay by cash’ have to take a print out of the system generated pay-in-slip and deposit the fee at the SBI counter.
IFS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before beginning with the application process, candidates must check the eligibility criteria below.
- Candidates must be a citizen of India, or
- Subject of Nepal or
- Subject of Bhutan or
- Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 01, 1992, or
- Candidates of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Uganda, Kenya, the Republic of Tanzania, Zaire, Malawi, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with intention of permanently settling here.
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Maximum age: 32 years
- Candidates must not be born before August 02, 1987, or after August 01, 1998.
|Domicile of the state Jammu and Kashmir during |
the period from Jan 1, 1980
|Defence services personal who were disabled in |
operations with any foreign country or disturbed area
|ECOs/SSCOs who completed an initial period of |
assignment of five years of Military Service
|Person with benchmark||10 years|
- Candidates who have a bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects – from animal husbandry and veterinary science, chemistry, botany, geology, mathematics, physics, statistics and zoology
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in agriculture, forestry or in engineering.
IFS 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of IFS is provided by UPSC in the notification. Candidates can refer to the examination pattern for UPSC IFS 2020 provided below for their preparation.
For preliminary examination
- Mode of examination: Civil services exam is an offline examination.
- Number of paper: Civil services exam (pre) has 2 sections.
- Language: Available in bilingual language (Hindi and English).
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Maximum Marks: 400 marks (200 marks for each section)
- Marking scheme:
|For correct answer||+2 marks|
|For incorrect answer||-2/3 marks|
For IFS Main Examination
- Mode of examination: Offline exam.
- Language: Paper is set only in English language. Candidates have to answer in the English language only.
- Duration: 3 hours for each paper
- Number of paper: There are 6 different papers.
- Type of questions: All the questions asked are in essay (conventional) type
- Maximum Marks: 1400 marks (300 marks for Paper I and Paper-II respectively and for rest 200 marks each.)
IFS 2020 Cut off
Cut off marks for IFS 2020 depends on the number and candidates appeared in the exam and the difficulty level. Get cut off marks for the previous year and try to score higher than the previous year.
IFS 2018 Cut off Marks
|Category||Qualifying marks out of 200 (pre)||Qualifying marks out of 1400 (written exam)||Marks secured by last recommended candidate (out of 1700)|
IFS 2017 Cut off Marks
|Category||IFS (pre) through CS(P) exam||Qualifying marks out of 1400 (written exam)||Marks secured by last recommended candidate (out of 1700)|
IFS 2020 Selection Procedure
The selection of candidates applying for Indian Forest Services (IFS) is done through 2 stages-
- Civil services examination (preliminary)
- Indian Forest Services (main) including written and interview round.
Candidates are called for IFS (main) only after qualifying pre-exam for civil services. As the preliminary examination for IAS and IFS is same, a separate list for both exams is released. It is mandatory to secure 33% in preliminary exam to qualify for IFS (Main) exam. Candidates have to apply again to take IFS (main) exam. Those who are declared qualified for main exam have to mention order of zones in preference before the commencement of personality test (interview).
IFS 2020 Admit Card
The eligible candidates can download IFS e-admit card three weeks prior to the commencement of exam. E-admit card releases at the UPSC official website, upsc.gov.in. E-admit card for IFS 2020 releases under ‘admit card’ tab. Candidates have to click on ‘e-admit card for various examinations of UPSC’. List of available admit card is displayed. After clicking on the download link, the active link for downloading admit card is displayed on the screen. Access admit card with registration number or by roll number.
IFS Exam Center 2020
The examination centre for IFS 2020 as per the official notification is provided below:
Preliminary exam centre
|Gautam Budh Nagar||Gaya|
|Port Blair||Prayagraj (Allahabad)|
IFS Answer Key 2020
UPSC releases answer key for IFS 2020 online at upsc.gov.in. To download, visit the official website and click on the examination’ button. A drop-down list appears with the link to download ‘answer key’. After clicking on the link, answer key for all exam appears. IFS answer key for preliminary and mains are released separately. With the help of answer key, candidates can calculate their estimated scores and know their chance for the selection for IFS (main).
IFS 2020 Result
The IFS result 2020 releases at the official website of UPSC, upsc.gov.in. Candidates can check their result directly from the website by clicking on ‘written result’ link. A link with ‘examination written result’ appears on the screen. Access UPSC IFS result by clicking on the link. Selection of candidates for IFS (main) depends on their performance in civil services examination. The final selection of candidates is purely based on IFS (main) which includes written and interview round.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) appoints and conducts examination for all India services and group A and B posts of central services. Earlier UPSC was known as Federal Public Service Commission which was renamed into today’s Union Public Service Commission after independence. UPSC is consulted by the government of India in matters relating to the appointment, transfer, promotion and disciplinary matters. Being a constitutional body it is autonomous and free, along with the Election commission and country’s higher judiciary. UPSC is headquartered at Dholpur, New Delhi, India. UPSC current chairman is Mr Arvind Saxena.
Official website: upsc.gov.in
For more information related to UPSC IFS 2020, download notification
UPSC IFS Archives
Get UPSC IFS archives for year 2019 and 2018 below.
UPSC IFS 2020 Recruitment Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : The official website of UPSC is upsc.gpv.in.
Ans : Candidates have to pay Rs.100/- (unreserved/EWS/OBC) to submit application form.
Ans : Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in agriculture, forestry or in engineering from a recognized university.