CSIR NET 2020: CSIR NET 2020 examination date is announced. The computer-based examination is to be conducted on June 21, 2020. The application window for CSIR NET 2020 opens on March 16, 2020. Candidates can submit online applications through the website of the National Testing Agency (NTA) i.e. csirnet.nta.nic.in. The application window for the CSIR NET 2020 examination remains open till April 15, 2020. CSIR NET 2020 qualifiers are eligible for appointment in Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and lectureship/assistant professorship in specified subjects.
Latest: CSIR NET 2020 online applications can be made through the official website.
CSIR NET 2020
The CSIR NET 2020 examination determines the eligibility of Indian citizens for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and lectureship/assistant professorship. Check out the important dates and events of the CSIR NET 2020 examination below.
|Start date of online application||16 Mar 2020|
|End date of online application||15 Apr 2020|
|Admit card download date||15 May 2020|
|Online examination||21 Jun 2020|
|Results||05 Jul 2020|
Note: CSIR NET 2020 information provided here is based on the official notification 2019. Check this page for updates when official notification of CSIR NET 2020 releases.
CSIR NET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- For Junior Research Fellowship the maximum age is 28 years.
- The age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST/PwD/female candidates.
- The upper age limit is relaxable by 3 years for OBC (non creamy layer) candidates)
- There is no upper age limit for lectureship/assistant professorship
- CSIR NET 2020 applicants must have a M. Sc./equivalent degree.
- Candidates having BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/B. Tech/ B. Pharm/MBBS are also eligible.
Candidates must have score the minimum qualifying marks as indicated below to be eligible for CSIR NET 2020.
CSIR NET 2020 Application Form
How to apply
Candidates must submit online applications to appear in the CSIR NET 2020 examination before the last date. Follow the step by step guide below to submit the online application.
- Step 1: Type csirnet.nta.nic.in at the address bar of web browser and press enter.
- Step 2: Click on the “Apply Online” button.
- Step 3: Complete the online registration process using email id and phone number.
- Step 4: Take a note of the generated application number.
- Step 5: Fill in the details in the application form.
- Step 6: Upload the scanned image files on the application form.
- Step 7: Select the payment option and make the payment. Generate the receipt after making the payment.
- Step 8: Download and generate a print out of the confirmation page.
The application fee is relaxed for specific candidates of the reserved categories. Check out the detailed application fee for all category fo candidates below.
|OBc (NCL)||Rs 500|
CSIR NET 2020 Syllabus
CSIR NET 2020 syllabus is subject-specific for all of the five subjects. Check out the detailed syllabus of the CSIR NET 2020 examination for all the relevant subjects below.
- CSIR UGC NET Syllabus for Chemical Sciences
- CSIR UGC NET Syllabus for Earth Sciences
- CSIR UGC NET Syllabus for Life Sciences
- CSIR UGC NET Syllabus for Mathematical Sciences
- CSIR UGC NET Syllabus for Physical Sciences
CSIR NET 2020 Exam Pattern
CSIS NET 2020 examination is computer based. The question paper comprises of three papers. All question are objective type. Part A includes general aptitude based questions. Part B includes subject-specific questions. Part C contains subject specific conceptual and analytical questions related to science. Check out the main features of the CSIR NET 2020 examination below.
- Language: The question paper is structured in the English and Hindi languages.
- Exam mode: The examination is conducted online as a computer-based test (CBT).
- Sections: Question paper consists of three parts A, B and C.
- Number of questions: The total number of questions varies for different subjects.
- Type of questions: All questions are objective multiple choice questions (MCQs).
Note: Wrong answers are negatively marked in CSIR NET 2020
Check out the detailed examination pattern of CSIR NET 2020 for all the subjects below.
CSIR NET 2020 Admit Card
CSIR NET 2020 Admit Card is available for download from the website of the National Testing Agency (NTA). Admit cards can be downloaded from the website onwards the scheduled date. Admit cards contain detailed information about the examination center, date and timing of the examination. Candidates must adhere to all the important instructions provided on the admit card.
Note: In case of any discrepancies on the admit card/ confirmation page, candidates must immediately contact at the Help Line number i.e. 0120-6895200.
CSIR NET 2020 Exam Center
Candidates must select any four preferences of examination center (cities) during the application process. The NTA allocates a centre to the candidates based on these preferences. The allocated exam center is indicated on the CSIR NET 2020 Admit Card and cannot be changed. CSIR NET 2020 examination centers are located across 224 cities in India.
CSIR NET 2020 Answer Key
CSIR NET 2020 answer key is available from the website on the scheduled date. Answer key for the CSIR NET 2020 CBT is released on a provisional basis for raising objections. The answer key can be downloaded from csirnet.nta.nic.in. Provisional answer keys are displayed on the website for 2 to 3 days. Candidates can raise their objections against the answer key on a per-question basis. Candidates must submit a fee of Rs 1000 per question to raise objections.
CSIR NET 2020 Result
The results of CSIR NET 2020 can be downloaded from the website on the scheduled date. Results of the examination are released in the form of two different merit lists. Separate merit lists are released for JRF-NET and LS-NET. The merit lists are compiled on the basis of performance of candidates in the CBT.
CSIR NET 2020
The CSIR NET 2020 or the CSIR UGC NET 2020 examination is qualifying candidates for recruitment as lecturer/assistant professor and junior research fellowship (JRF). The examination is conducted two times every year in June and December. The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has entrusted the National Testing Agency (NTA) to conduct the CSIR UGC NET examinations.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) is the apex organisation responsible for conducting different entrance examinations in India. It is an autonomous and self sustained organisation established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) in India. The NTA is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 under the Government of India.
CSIR UGC NET 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : The application process will start on 16 March 2020.
Ans : CSIR UGC NET 2020 qualifiers are certified for Assistant Professorship. Qualifiers can also join the Junior Research Fellowship
Ans : The exam date is on 21 June 2020
Ans : You can apply here >> csirnet.nta.nic.in