CSIR NET 2021: National Testing Agency conducts a national level exam for CSIR NET. The computer-based examination is for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and lectureship/assistant professorship. Candidates who have an M.Sc degree in a relevant stream can submit their CSIR NET Application Form 2021 online at csirnet.nta.in. As of now, NTA has not yet released CSIR NET 2021 Notification. The CSIR NET exam date 2021 is also not disclosed by the Agency. Candidates must check the official website to get latest updates. CSIR NET qualifiers are eligible for appointment as Junior Research Fellows (JRF) and lecturer/assistant professor in specified subjects. Stay tuned to this article to get all the latest updates related to CSIR NET 2021.
CSIR NET 2021
The CSIR NET 2021 examination determines the eligibility of Indian citizens for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and lectureship/assistant professorship. Check out the important dates and events of the CSIR NET 2021 examination below.
|Start date of online application||To be announced|
|End date of online application||To be announced|
|Last date for the submission of fee payment||To be announced|
|Correction in Particulars of Application Form||To be announced|
|Application Form Reopen from||To be announced|
|Correction in Particulars of Application Form||To be announced|
|Correction in Test Centers||To be announced|
|Admit card download date||To be announced|
|Date of Online examination||To be announced|
|Release of answer key||To be announced|
|Scores Announcement||To be announced|
|Declarations of Results||To be announced|
|Declaration of Final Result||To be announced|
Note: The CSIR NET 2021 Notification is now available yet. The details available in this post is based on previous year events. Candidates are advised to bookmark this article for latest updates.
CSIR UGC NET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before proceeding with CSIR NET application form 2021, read the eligibility criteria.
- For Junior Research Fellowship the maximum age is 28 years.
- The age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST/PwD/female candidates.
- The upper age limit is relaxable by 3 years for OBC (non creamy layer) candidates)
- There is no upper age limit for lectureship/assistant professorship
- Applicants must have a M. Sc./equivalent degree.
- Candidates having BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/B. Tech/ B. Pharm/MBBS are also eligible.
CSIR UGC NET Application Form 2021
CSIR NET application form 2021 releases at the official website of CSIR NET, csirnet.nta.nic.in. Get the procedure for applying online through the procedure given below:
How to apply?
Candidates must submit online applications to appear in the CSIR NET 2021 examination before the last date. Follow the step by step guide below to submit the online application.
- Step 1: Type csirnet.nta.nic.in at the address bar of web browser and press enter.
- Step 2: Click on the “Apply Online” button.
- Step 3: Complete the online registration process using email id and phone number.
- Step 4: Take a note of the generated application number.
- Step 5: Fill in the details in the application form.
- Step 6: Upload the scanned image files on the application form.
- Step 7: Select the payment option and make the payment. Generate the receipt after making the payment.
- Step 8: Download and generate a print out of the confirmation page.
The application fee is relaxed for specific candidates of the reserved categories. Check out the detailed application fee for all category fo candidates below.
|OBc (NCL)||Rs 500/-|
CSIR NET 2021 Syllabus
CSIR NET 2021 syllabus is subject-specific for all of the five subjects. Check out the detailed syllabus of the CSIR NET examination for all the relevant subjects below.
|701||Chemical Sciences||Click here|
|702||Earth Sciences||Click here|
|703||Life Sciences||Click here|
|704||Mathematical Sciences||Click here|
|705||Physical Sciences||Click here|
CSIR NET Exam Pattern 2021
The examination is computer-based. The question paper comprises of three papers. All question are objective type. Part A includes general aptitude based questions. Part B includes subject-specific questions. Part C contains subject-specific conceptual and analytical questions related to science. Check out the main features of the examination below.
- Language: The question paper is structured in the English and Hindi languages.
- Exam mode: The examination is conducted online as a computer-based test (CBT).
- Duration: The examination is conducted for 03 hours (without any break).
- Sections: Question paper consists of three parts A, B and C.
- Number of questions: The total number of questions varies for different subjects.
- Type of questions: All questions are objective multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
Note: Wrong answers are negatively marked in CSIR NET 2021
Check out the detailed examination pattern of CSIR NET 2021 for all the subjects below.
How to prepare for CSIR UGC NET 2021
Various study materials are available in the commercial markets. Using them correctly should be a key strategy in preparing for CSIR NET 2021 exam. The examination consist of the three papers as described in preceding sections of this article. As the syllabus of the CSIR NET 2021 exam is vast, candidates can consider the following preparation tips to better equip themselves for the exam.
- Set a study plan to cover the syllabus. Do not forget to include the syllabus of Paper I in the study plan.
- Gather study materials relevant to the topics covered in the syllabus. A good way to go is to solve previous year question papers and mock tests.
- It is natural to forget concepts learnt in the course of time. Make sure to dedicate time for revisions on a daily basis.
- An advisable preparation strategy for the general aptitude part is to solve general aptitude papers from previous years and mock tests.
CSIR NET Mock Test 2021
Mock tests are effective in simulating the exam to the examinees before they actually appear for the exam. Solving mock tests can lead to the added advantage of efficient time management and setting an approach to solve the question paper. As the CSIR NET 2021 question paper consist of three parts, mocks tests can be effective in ensuring that candidates get accustomed with the question paper. Check out important tips and tricks related to CSIR NET 2021 mock tests below.
- Simulate the CSIR NET 2021 exam pattern by setting exact durations for solving mock tests. Try to complete the test within the scheduled duration.
- Strategize your approach to solve the question paper while solving mock tests. Switch between strategies to find out what works best.
- Mock tests can also help identify the weaknesses and strengths of the candidate. Use this to your advantage.
Books Recommended for Joint CSIR UGC NET Preparation
Selecting the most relevant books for CSIR NET 2021 preparation can be confusing. A wide variety of books from various publishers are available in the markets. Here we suggest the most important and latest books for CSIR NET 2021 preparation.
|Book Title||Purchase link|
|2020 EDITION General Aptitude: |
CSIR – UGC NET (JRF & LS) – For Part A
|2020 EDITION Ace The Race |
Combo 2: CSIR-UGC NET Life Sciences
|Essential Competitive Chemistry for |
CSIR-NET/GATE-GRE 2020 Vol. 1 –
Along with Solved Questions from Previous 15 Years
|CSIR-UGC NET/JRF Earth, Atmospheric, |
Ocean and Planetary Sciences Exam Guide
Candidates must have score the minimum qualifying marks as indicated below to be eligible for the exam.
CSIR NET Answer Key 2021
After the exam is over, National Testing Agency releases CSIR NET answer keys online. Aspirants can download CSIR NET answer key for respective subjects from csirnet.nta.nic.in. Know more about CSIR NET 2021 Answer Key below.
- NTA releases separate answer keys for Earth Sciences, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences.
- Aspirants can access the CSIR NET answer key without login.
- Candidates are allowed to submit the representations against the CSIR NET answer key.
- To challenge the answer key, they have to follow the online procedure.
- They have to pay Rs. 1000/- per question to submit the objections. If the challenge is found correct then the fee is refunded directly to the account.
CSIR NET 2021 Cut Off Marks
Aspirants can check the CSIR NET previous year cut off marks below. Using these, they can know the tentative nature of their selection.
CSIR NET Response Sheet 2021
Once the answer key is out, candidates are advised to visit the CSIR NET website to get the response sheet. Know more about SIR NET response sheet here.
- To download CSIr NET response sheet, candidates have to visit csirnet.nta.nic.in. Thereafter, use the application number and date of birth to login and download the response sheet.
- Response sheet carries the answers that are marked by the candidates in the examination.
- Along with the response sheet, NTA also publishes CSIR NET question paper.
- NTA publishes the CSIR NET response sheet after the release of provisional answer keys.
- Candidates can compare their responses with the CSIR NET answer key to estimate their scores for the exam.
CSIR NET Result 2021
After the final answer key for CSIR NET 2021 is out, candidates can check their result online. For this, they have to visit the official website, csirnet.nta.nic.in. Here are some key points related to CSIR NET result 2021.
- CSIR NET result is declared in the form of merit list. The list carries the roll number and name of the qualifying candidness.
- Moreover, candidates can also check the CSIR NET Scorecard. For this, they have to visit the website and log in using the application number and DOB.
- On qualifying the examination, candidates are eligible to get appointed as Assistant Professorship and Junior Research Fellowship roles.
- Candidates can download their e-certificate online from NTA/ CSIR NET website. They have to select the CSIR UGC NET option to download it.
About CSIR UGC Fellowship
The CSIR UGC NET is conducted by the National Testing Agency on the directives of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). The examination awards eligibility to qualifying candidates for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Lectureship (LS). The examination is conducted biannually by the NTA.
The CSIR UGC Fellowship is for education in the area of research methods. The candidates undergo the learning process under the guidance of faculty members and scientists of the relevant Universities/Institutions.
Candidates awarded eligibility for JRF and appointed in the posts are entitled to receive monthly stipend of Rs 31000 for the initial two years. An annual contingent grant worth Rs 20000 is also received by the JRFs.
Candidates who qualify in the first two years of the Fellowship and enroll in Ph. D, are promoted to the position of Senior Research Fellows (SRF) with an increased stipend of Rs 35000 per month.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) is the apex organisation responsible for conducting different entrance examinations in India. It is an autonomous and self sustained organisation established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) in India. The NTA is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 under the Government of India.
Official website: csirnet.nta.nic.in
To get more information about CSIR NET 2020, download notification.
Click here for archived information
CSIR NET 2020 – Contact Details
Fellowship under CSIR Scheme
Deputy Secretary/ Under Secretaary (EMR), CSIR-HRDG,CSIR Complex
Opposite Institute of Hotel Management
Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi – 1100012
Fellowships under UGC Scheme
Under Secretary, Selection and Award Bureau, UGC
South Campus, University of Delhi, Benito Juarez Marg
Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi – 110021
For Eligibility for Lectureship / Assistant Professorship
Education Officer, UGC, South Campus
University of Delhi, Benito Juarez Marg
Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi – 110021
Ans : CSIR UGC NET 2021 qualifiers are certified for Assistant Professorship. Qualifiers can also join the Junior Research Fellowship
Ans. Candidates who possess M.Sc/ BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/B. Tech/ B. Pharm/MBBS are eligible for CSIR UGC NET exam.
Ans. The exam for CSIR NET is a national level exam for which lakhs of candidates appear each year. However, it is not a difficult exam to crack if candidate prepare as per the syllabus and pattern
Ans. After qualifying CSIR NET exam, candidates become eligible for JRF fellowship, Assistant professor. Some candidates can also apply for promotion in existing work profile.