KSET 2022 – The Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) is an annual statewide exam conducted by the University of Mysore. This test is conducted to test candidates’ eligibility Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions within Karnataka. Candidates can find more details on KSET 2022 on the official website of University of Mysore at kset.uni-mysore.ac.in. KSET 2022 has two papers – Paper I and Paper II. Paper I and Paper II both are mandatory and are both of objective type. Interested candidates will be able to find the complete information regarding the KSET 2022 exam by going through the entirety of this article.
Candidates who clear KSET 2022 exam are governed by recruitment rules introduced for the post of Assistant Professors of concerned Universities / Colleges / Institutions. Check KSET 2022 dates below:
|Events of importance||Dates|
|KSET 2022 official notification date||TBA|
|Start of KSET 2022 registration||TBA|
|Last date to apply for KSET 2022||TBA|
|Last date to remit fee||TBA|
|Admit card release||TBA|
|KSET 2022 Exam Date||TBA|
|Answer key for KSET 2022||TBA|
|KSET 2022 Result declaration||TBA|
Overview of KSET 2022
KSET is an annual state-level eligibility test organized by the university of Mysore. It takes place in two stages which are Paper I and Paper II. In this section candidates will get an overview of the KSET 2022 exam.
|Exam name||Karnataka State Eligibility Test|
|Conducting body||The University of Mysore|
|Level of exam||State level|
|Educational qualification||Masters Degree or any other equivalent exam from Universities / Institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi|
|Application fee||General category – ₹1150|
Cat-IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB Categories – ₹950
Cat-I, SC,ST, PWD categories – ₹650
|Exam Pattern||Two papers – Paper I and Paper II. |
Both are of objective type.
|KSET Paper||Paper I Paper II|
|Certificate validity||Lifetime validity|
KSET 2022 Notification
The official notification of KSET 2022 is not yet released by the university of Mysore on their official website at kset.uni-mysore.ac.in. The notification contains information like date of KSET 2022 exam, starting date of registration and last date of application. Candidates can have a look at the image below for the official notification from the previous year for reference.
KSET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for KSET 2022 candidates should satisfy the following eligibility criterias. Detailed eligibility criteria information can be found on the official notification for KSET 2022.
KSET Age Limit
- There will be no upper age limit for the KSET 2022 exam.
KSET Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have master’s degree with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/ PWD OBC)
KSET 2022 Application Form
Candidates who are eligible can then proceed to submit KSET application form. The details regarding KSET online application is available below:
- Candidates can fill the form and submit it online at kset.uni-mysore.ac.in.
- Candidates have to upload their recent passport size photograph, scanned copy of signature and documents for educational qualifications in specified size
- Aspirants should remit the (fee as mentioned in the notification) online to complete the application process
KSET Application Fee
|Category of candidate||Application Fee|
|Cat-IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB Categories||₹950|
|Cat-I, SC,ST, PWD categories||₹650|
Late fee: Candidates have to pay late fee of Rs.250/- after the last date to apply
KSET Syllabus 2022
Given below are the KSET syllabus for paper 1 and paper 2.
- Paper I is of general nature and assesses the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate.
- Paper-II is based on the candidate’s subject of choice.
- Reasoning Ability
- Divergent Thinking
- General Awareness
- Political science
- Tourism administration and management
- Mass communication and journalism
- Library and information science
- Social work
- Physical education
- Folk literature
- Public Administration
- Computer administration and application
- Physical science
- Mathematical science
- Chemical Science
- Life science
- Environmental science
- Home science
- Electronic science
- Earth science
- Women Studies
- Performing arts
- Visual arts
KSET 2022 Exam Pattern
Analysing the KSET exam pattern in detail is crucial when it comes to cracking the KSET exam. It helps the candidate to understand the mark distribution of each subject for the KSET 2022 exam. They can decide the amount of time and effort they want to spend on each of the subjects.
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Duration of exam: 1 hour for Paper I and 2 hours for Paper II
- Type of questions: MCQ format.
- Total marks: 100 marks for Paper I and 200 marks for Paper II
- Number of questions: 50 questions for Paper I and 100 questions for Paper II
- Marking scheme :
- Two marks for every right answer
- No negative marking
|Paper||No. Of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Paper I||50||100||1 hour|
|Paper II||100||200||2 hours|
KSET 2022 Preparation
For KSET Paper I, questions will be of general nature and the research abilities of the candidate are put to test. And as for Paper II, the candidates’ deep knowledge of the subject selected is questioned. Check some preparation tips for KSET exam here:
- The best way to prepare for KSET is by referring to the KSET previous year question papers.
- Candidates should also update their knowledge using mock tests that are available online. This will increase speed and accuracy of the candidates. It also helps in revising the subjects effectively.
- Trying to solve previous year question papers within specific time limits is also a good idea to build speed and for getting used to time limits.
- UGC NET and SET books are really good alternatives to previous year question papers of KSET. These have the same format as well as similar syllabus. Slight differences in standards of exam will be present.
KSET Preparation Books
Candidates can refer to these below-given books to effectively prepare for KSET.
- Truman’s UGC NET/SET General Paper 1
- UGC NET/JRF/SLET General Paper 1 Teaching and Research Aptitude by Arihant Expert
- Truman’s UGC NET Commerce by Praveen Kataria, Anshu Kataria, and M. Shivani
- Truman’s UGC NET Economics by Srinivas Shirur
KSET Admit Card 2022
Candidates can download KSET admit card from the official website of the University of Mysore at kset.uni-mysore.ac.in. They can login and download their admit card. The Karnataka SET admit card has details like the candidate’s name, photograph and signature, date, time and venue of the KSET 2022 exam and general instructions for the candidate. The printout of the admit card along with a valid original photo identity proof is mandatory for KSET.
KSET 2022 Exam Centre
Following are the test centres for KSET exam:
|Exam Centre Code||Exam center name|
KSET 2022 Answer Key
The provisional answer key releases in the downloads section of the official website of the University of Mysore at kset.uni-mysore.ac.in. KSET answer key could be utilised by the candidates to find their tentative score. If any incorrect answers are noticed in the answer key of KSET, candidates can challenge the answer key with proof to back the claim. After the time for challenging the answer key is closed, the University of Mysore publishes the final/revised answer key.
KSET 2022 Result
The KSET result is released on the official website of the University of Mysore at kset.uni-mysore.ac.in. Candidates can visit the website and click on the “Results” link on the menu bar. A PDF file containing roll numbers of the candidates who have successfully qualified in KSET opens. Candidates, if qualified, can find their roll number amongst them in the rank list. Those who qualify the exam gets a certification by the University of Mysore proving eligibility as an assistant professor.
KSET 2022 Qualifying Marks
The candidates are required to obtain minimum marks in aggregate of the two papers i.e. Paper – I & Paper – II for eligibility for Assistant Professor as given below:
|Category of candidate||Minimum percentage required to qualify (in aggregate of two papers)|
|SC / ST/ CAT-I / II A/ II B / III A / III B / PWD||35%|
About the University of Mysore
University of Mysore or UoM is a public state university in Mysore, Karnataka. The university of Mysore was founded during the reign of Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV, the Maharaja of Mysore. The university is recognized by University Grants Commission or UGC for offering higher studies degree courses on-campus as well as online. The University of Mysore (UoM) was established on July 27, 1916. It is the sixth oldest university in the country and the first in the state of Karnataka. It is also considered the first university of the country to be established, outside the limits of British India.
Ans. The exam notification of KSET is published on the official website of the University of Mysore at kset.uni-mysore.ac.in.
Ans. The exam pattern for both exams are comparable since they have a similar syllabus and format. However UGC NET is a national level exam and the competition is higher.
Ans. General category candidates require 40% and reserved category candidates require a minimum of 35% marks in aggregate of both papers of KSET to qualify.