RBI Assistant 2020 – Reserve bank of India has postponed the exam of the online main examination scheduled on March 29, 2020. The fresh exam dates will be available soon on the official website. Earlier, the result has been declared for RBI Assistant 2020 preliminary examination at rbi.org.in. The qualified candidates will now have to appear for the main examination. The posts advertised are for an assistant with 926 vacancies. The selection for the post is done through a country-wide competitive examination in two phases, i.e. Preliminary and Mains Exam followed by a language proficiency test (LPT). Get here the complete details of RBI Assistant 2020, including the last date, how to apply, eligibility, admit card, exam center, result, syllabus, etc.
Latest: Online mains examination of RBI Assistant 2020 has been postponed. The fresh date will be announced shortly at the official website.
RBI Assistant 2020
Applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD category can apply for pre-examination training. Check the exam schedule for RBI assistant 2020 in the table below.
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Start of application||23 Dec 2019|
|Last date to apply||24 Jan 2020|
|Issuance of prelims admit card||03 Feb -15 Feb 2020|
|RBI Assistant preliminary exam||14 Feb and 15 Feb 2020|
|Declaration of prelims result||03 Mar 2020|
|Issuance of mains admit card||to be announced|
|RBI Assistant mains exam|
To be announced
RBI Assistant 2020 Online Main Examination
RBI Assistant 2020 Online Main Examination has been postponed due to the spread of coronavirus. The new exam dates will be notified shortly on the official website. Check the detailed notice from below:
RBI Assistant 2020 Call Letter
RBI releases admit card for assistant online at RBI website, rbi.org.in. Preliminary and main examination admit card are released through same process. Information about the release of call letter is sent to candidates through email/SMS. Candidates have to visit RBI website and click on relevant link to access the window for hall ticket download. Candidates require registration number/ roll number and password/date of birth for downloading call letter.
Candidates have to carry a print out of the admit card and identity proof to the RBI exam center. Also, affix a photograph on the admit card on the space provided (it should be same uploaded while registration). The following documents can be carried as identity proof
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- Permanent driving license
- Voter’s card
- Bank passbook, etc.
RBI Assistant 2020 Exam Center
Candidates have to select exam center corresponding to the office they have applied for. Here is the tentative list of examination center where online exam of preliminary and main exam is conducted.
Exam Center for preliminary exam
|State/UT/NCR||Pre Exam Centre|
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Chirala, Guntur, Hyderabad, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar, Tezpur|
|Bihar||Arrah, Aurangabad, Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Muzzafarpur, Patna, Purnea,|
|Chattisgarh||Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|Delhi||Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurgaon|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad – Gandhinagar, Anand, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Haryana||Ambala, Hissar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Yamuna Nagar|
|Himachal Pradesh||Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Kangra, Mandi, Shimla, Solan, Una|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu, Samba|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Belagavi, Bengaluru, Kalaburgi, Hubli, Mangaluru, Mysuru, Shivamogga, Udipi|
|Kerala||Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrichur|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain|
|Maharashtra||Amravati, Aurangabad, Chandrapur, Dhule, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Ratnagiri, Satara|
|Odisha||Balasore, Berhampur(Ganjam), Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala, Sangrur|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur|
|Tamilnadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Namakkal, Madurai, Salem, Tirunelvelli, Thiruchirapalli, Vellore|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Warangal,|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Aligarh, Prayagraj, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Varanasi|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Greater Kolkata, Hooghly, Kalyani, Kolkata, Siliguri|
RBI Assistant 2020 Exam Pattern
The official exam pattern for RBI assistant for both preliminary and main examination is given below.
- Mode of examination: RBI conducts computer based exam for preliminary.
- Language: Examination (except for English language sections) is designed in bilingual language (Hindi and English).
- Duration: 1 hour.
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions are asked in the paper.
- Maximum marks: 100 marks
- Total questions: 100 questions
- Sections of paper: There are 3 sections in preliminary exam which are
- English language
- Numerical ability
- Reasoning ability
- Marking scheme: For every right answer, +1 mark is given. Negative marking of 0.25 marks.
- Distribution of question:
|Sections||Marks||No. of questions||Duration|
|English language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning ability||35||35||20 min|
- Mode of examination: RBI conducts an online examination for main-exam.
- Language: Except for English section, all other sections are bilingual – Hindi and English.
- Duration: Exam is conducted for 135 minutes.
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions are asked in the main examination.
- Maximum marks: 200 marks
- Total questions: 200 questions
- Sections of paper: There are 5 sections in preliminary exam which are
- Test of reasoning
- Test of English language
- Test of numerical ability
- Test of general awareness
- Test of computer knowledge
- Marking scheme: 1 mark for the correct answer. 0.25 marks are deducted for wrong answers.
- Distribution of question:
|Sections||Marks||No. of questions||Duration|
|Test of reasoning||40||40||30 min|
|Test of English language||40||40||30 min|
|Test of numerical ability||40||40||30 min|
|Test of general awareness||40||40||25 min|
|Test of computer knowledge||40||40||20 min|
Click here to get RBI Assistant syllabus 2020.
RBI assistant 2020 Vacancies
The number of vacancies released for the post of assistant by RBI is as follows:
RBI Assistant Recruitment Zone 2020
After final selection, candidates are posted in RBI’s office within recruitment zone for which they have opted. However, they may get transferred in administrative exigencies other than selected. Here are the zone wise distribution of cities for RBI offices.
- West Zone- Ahmedabad, Bhopal (including Raipur), Mumbai (including Belapur, Pune and Panaji), Nagpur.
- South Zone – Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Thiruvananthapuram (including Kochi).
- North Zone – Chandigarh (including Shimla), Jaipur, Jammu/Srinagar, Kanpur (including Lucknow and Dehradun), New Delhi.
- East Zone – Bhubaneshwar, Guwahati (including all North Eastern states excluding Gangtok), Kolkata (including Gangtok), Patna (including Ranchi).
RBI Assistant Result 2020
Result for RBI assistant is released by RBI at the official website, rbi.org.in. Candidates can check their result by visiting the official website. The final selection of candidates is based on performance in the main on-line exam whereas biometric verification and language proficiency test are qualifying in nature.
The selection procedure of candidates is done in 4 stages which are preliminary exam, main exam, language proficiency test and biometric verification. Candidates must qualify all the levels for final selection. RBI releases the mark secured by candidates after the declaration of final result.
The Reserve Bank of India is country’s central bank which controls the problems related to issue and supply of the Indian rupee. It is the regulator of the entire banking of India. Commercial banks and non-banking finance companies working in India are regulated by RBI. It carries out the country’s monetary policy and exercises supervision and control over banks and non-banking finance companies. It also plays an important part in the development strategy of the government of India.
RBI Assistant 2020 Application Form
RBI releases application form for assistant through online mode at rbi.org.in. It is important for candidates to register themselves and then fill the entire application form.
How to apply?
The application process is organized on the official website. Candidates have to click on ‘recruitment for the post of assistant’ and start the registration process. It is mandatory to provide email ID and mobile number for successful registration. Provisional registration number and password is displayed on the screen; note it down.
Using the same registration number and password, candidates have to login again and fill the application form. If candidates are unable to fill form at one go, they can click on ‘save and next’ option. Before final submission, ensure that all the details are correct as no edit can be done after submission. Upload images as per specifications and pay the application fee.
|OBC/General/EWS candidates||Rs. 450/-|
|Staff candidates||Fee exemption|
Mode of payment
The online payment of application fee can be made through using
- Debit card (Visa/MasterCard/Maestro/RuPay)
- Credit cards
- Internet banking
- Cash Card/Mobile wallets
Candidates must take a print out fo the e-receipt after submission of application fee. Non-generation of e-receipt means failure in payment. Applicants have to login again and repeat the process of payment.
Candidates have to upload scanned image of photograph and signature are per the specification provided below:
- A recent colour passport size photograph
- Dimensions – 2000 x 230 pixels
- Size – 20KB to 50 KB
- Signature should be on white paper and with a black ink pen.
- Dimension – 140 x 160 pixels
- Size – 10 KB to 20 KB
RBI Assistant 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying, applicants should check that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the post which are as follows:
- Minimum age: 20 years
- Maximum age: 28 years
- Must not born earlier than December 02, 1991, and not later than December 01, 1999 (including both days) are eligible to apply.
- Age relaxation for different categories is as follows:
|PWD||10 years (General/EWS), 13 years (OBC) |
and 15 years (SC/ST)
|Ex-servicemen||Service in the armed force plus an additional period of 3 years|
|Widow/divorced women/ women judicially separated and are not re-married||10 years|
|Domicile in the state of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from January 01, 1980, to December 31, 1989.||05 years|
|With work experience in RBI||Number of years of experience subject to maximum of 3 years.|
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) and word processing knowledge on PC.
- For ex-servicemen should either have a graduate degree or have passed 10th or its equivalent exam of armed forces and served at least 15 years of defence service.
- Applicants applying for recruiting officer should be proficient in the language of the state ( should know how to read, write, speak and understand language) or any of the state falling under recruiting office.
Official website: rbi.org.in
For further information related to RBI Assistant 2020, download notification.
RBI Assistant 2020 Recruitment Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Official website of Reserve Bank of India is rbi.org.in.
Ans : RBI has released total 926 vacancies for RBI Assistant.
Ans : Candidates are provided with 60 minutes in total to attempt RBI Assistant. Out of these 60 minutes, each section is provided with 20 minutes.
Ans : To apply for RBI assistant, candidates must have a bachelor's degree with minimum 50% (unreserved) and pass marks (for SC/ST/PWD candidates).