RBI Assistant 2022: Reserve Bank of India conducts the RBI Assistant exam every year to hire eligible candidates to different branches of the Bank. Candidates are selected for this post only by clearing all the three phases of the examination, Preliminary, Mains followed by the Language Proficiency Test (LPT). The results of all the exams are released on the official website of RBI i.e. rbi.org.in. Candidates must keep a regular check on the website in order to stay updated. Aspirants of this exam can scroll down to acquire more in depth knowledge and information.
RBI Assistant 2022
This page will provide all the necessary details for the RBI Assistant examination. Go through all the important dates and events of the exam from the table given below.
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Start of application||To be announced|
|Last date to apply||To be announced|
|Issuance of prelims admit card||To be announced|
|RBI Assistant preliminary exam||To be announced|
|Declaration of prelims result||To be announced|
|Change Mains Exam Centre||To be announced|
|Issuance of mains admit card||To be announced|
|RBI Assistant mains exam||To be announced|
|RBI Assistant Mains Result Date||To be announced|
Overview of RBI Assistant
RBI Assistant exam is a cross country examination conducted by the Reserve Bank of India every year. This exam is to recruit eligible candidates for the post of Assistant. Selected candidates are posted throughout different branches of the country. Lakhs of candidates apply for this post every year but since the vacancies are very limited this exam is considered one of the toughest exams in the country. Here are some important points and a gist of the RBI Assistant in a tabular manner.
|Name of the exam||RBI Assistant|
|Authority incharge||RBI(Reserve Bank of India)|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Category||National Level Recruitment Examination|
|Number of Vacancies||To be announced|
|Number of phases of the exam||3 phases: Prelims,Mains and LPT|
|Mode for Registration||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Application fees||Gen/OBC: 450/- |
Application of RBI Assistant 2022
The RBI Assistant application form can be filled from the official website of RBI i.e. rbi.org.in. Here are the steps that are to be followed by the candidates registering for the first time:
Step 1. Click on the examination link and there you would find an option stating ‘New Registration’ click on that.
Step 2. Feed the required details and submit the form.
Step 3. You will be getting your registration number to use for logging in.
Step 4. Now fill in the details, upload your recent photo and your signature. Pay the fee amount and on confirmation download the application form for future reference.
- For general and OBC category the fees is 450/-
- For ST/SC/PwD category the fee is 50/-
Eligibility for RBI Assistant 2022
Aspirants interested in RBI Assistant Recruitment 2022 can read the detailed eligibility criteria below:
- The candidate must be a graduate from a recognised university or must possess an equivalent degree with an aggregate of 50%.
- The applicant should have basic knowledge of MS Office and should be proficient in the local language of the state i.e. he/she should be able to read, write and speak the language.
- For the Ex-Serviceman category, the candidate must be a graduate from a recognised university or should have passed the matriculate or the equivalent examination with at least 15 years of service in the Armed Forces.
- Age criteria: the candidate’s age must range between 20-28 years.
- Age relaxation for the examination: for OBC candidates the age relaxation is 3years and for ST/SC candidates it is 5 years. There is relaxation given to the candidates holding prior work experience in RBI that is of 3 years.
RBI Assistant Admit Card 2022
The Reserve Bank of India releases the admit card on the official website i.e. rbi.org.in of RBI before every phase of the exam. Candidates have to download it from the website and will have to carry the hard copy of it to the examination hall. Without the admit card the applicant will not be able to appear for the examination. Follow the steps to download the RBI Assistant admit card from the website.
STEPS TO DOWNLOAD THE ADMIT CARD:
- The candidate needs to visit the official website of RBI
- Look for RBI Assistant examination updates. One can find it in the latest notification panel.
- There will be a link provided to download the admit card, click on that.
- Now enter the required credentials i.e. application number, password set by the candidate and after the verification the candidate will be able to download the admit card.
- Save the admit card in the device and then take a hard copy of it.
- Candidates will have to follow the same steps to download the admit card before every phase if the previous one has been cleared.
- Carry the hard copy of the admit card to the examination hall along with a valid photo ID proof.
RBI Assistant Syllabus 2022
Knowing the syllabus is perhaps the most necessary part of any exam as it acts as the foundation to the candidate’s preparation. Likewise, knowing the RBI Assistant syllabus is also very necessary for getting started with the studies if you’re an aspirant. From the table given below the candidates appearing for the examination will be able to know the syllabus in a detailed way.
Below is the table in which the detailed syllabus for both Preliminary and Main RBI Assistant recruitment 2021 is provided :
|English||General Knowledge||Numerical Solving Ability||Reasoning||Computer Knowledge|
|Reading Comprehension||Current affairs||Time and Distance||Number Series||Programming languages|
|Synonyms and antonyms||Current affairs of India||Time and Work||Blood Relations||Basic of Hardware and Software|
|Word meanings||Knowledge of Geography||HCF and LCM||Odd Man Out||Knowledge of electrical Devices|
|Correction of the sentence||Knowledge of History||Simple and Compound Interest||Analogy||History and evolution of Computers|
|Knowledge in Political Science||Average||Coding and Decoding|
|Problems on the Train||Row arrangements|
|Allegations and Comparison||Direction based concept|
|Probability||Statement reading and understanding|
|Permutation and Combination|
Read more: RBI Assistant Preparation Tips!
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern 2022
Since this examination has three phases, every exam has a different RBI Assistant exam pattern and time schedule.
RBI Assistant Prelims:
- Duration of exam: 60 minutes
- Language of exam: English and Hindi (except language section)
- Number of sections: 3 sections i.e. English language (carries 30 marks), Numerical Solving Ability (carries 35 marks) and lastly the reasoning ability( carries 35 marks).
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks
|Sections||Marks||No. of questions||Duration|
|English language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning ability||35||35||20 min|
Mains: this is the 2nd phase of the selection procedure, candidates who have cleared the Prelims only are eligible for this exam. Mains is a 200 marks paper and has 5 sections, each carrying 40 marks. Reasoning, Numerical solving ability , general Knowledge, English Language and Computer Knowledge are all the Sections that are there in the Main exam.
|Sections||Marks||Number of question||Duration|
|Numerical solving ability||40||40||30 mins|
|General knowledge||40||40||25 mins|
|English language||40||40||30 mins|
|Computer language||40||40||20 mins|
- Language Proficiency Test : this is the 3rd phase of the selection procedure, candidates are called for this examination only if they have cleared all the previous examinations. This test is taken in the local language of the candidate’s concern. This is an interview based examination and candidates are evaluated on the basis of the proficiency in their language of concern.
RBI Assistant Result 2022
The RBI Assistant result is announced on the official website of RBI. The final result is made by taking the aggregate of all the exams and will be made available after successful completion of the LPT exam. This will be the basis of the results and only the selected candidates will receive the Appointment Letter from the bank.
About RBI Assistant
Reserve Bank of India conducts the RBI Assistant exam every year in order to recruit eligible candidates in various branches of the bank. The examination commemorates three phases in which the candidate is selected for the job. Lakhs of aspirants apply for this job even though the vacancies are only few hundreds. This exam is also considered one of the toughest cross country examinations.
Official website: rbi.org.in
For further information related to RBI Assistant 2020, download notification.
Ans. Three, the 1st stage is prelims then Mains followed by LPT(Language Proficiency test)
Ans. It is yet not announced by the bank. The official notice will soon be out.
Ans. The candidate is required to have his/her final degree in hand in order to apply. Therefore you can only apply after successful completion of your graduation degree.