Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is organizing the RBI Grade B 2018 recruitment to fill 166 vacancies in RBI on Officer Grade B post. RBI released the RBI Grade B Application Form on July 03, 2018 at www.rbi.org.in. Aspirants have to submit the applications before July 23, 2018. Candidates must ensure the eligibility specified by the RBI before applying for the RBI Grade B 2018 examination. The recruitment will be done by conducting the two-phase exam. The Phase-1 exam will be the Preliminary examination will hold on August 16, 2018. If a candidate will qualify in this exam then they will be called to appear for the Main examination on Sep 07, 2018. With the help of this article, aspirants can get the detailed information regarding the application process, the release date of admit card, syllabus, exam pattern and much more for the RBI Grade B 2018 examination.
RBI Grade B 2018
The candidates planning to apply for RBI Grade B Recruitment 2018 can check all the important dates from the table below.
|RBI Grade B 2018||Dates|
|Commencement of Application Process||03 Jul 2018|
|Last date to apply||23 Jul 2018|
|The release date of Admit Card||To be announced|
|RBI Grade B 2018 (Preliminary Exam)||16 Aug 2018|
|RBI Grade B 2018 (Mains Exam)||06 & 07 Sep 2018|
|Declaration of RBI Grade B 2018 Result||To be announced|
Official Notification of RBI Grade B 2018
Vacancies under RBI Grade B 2018 Recruitment
In all, recruitment is open for 166 vacancies. Out of these, 127 vacancies are for Officer Grade B (DR) General, 22 for Officers in Gr B (DR) DEPR, and 17 for Officers in Gr B (DR) – DSIM. Check the vacancy distribution category wise.
Eligibility Criteria for RBI Grade B 2018
The candidate must be aware of the eligibility criteria that is specified by RBI.
Nationality: An Indian candidate is eligible to apply.
- Or a subject of Nepal / Bhutan.
- Or a Tibetan refugee settled in Indis before January 01, 1962.
- A person who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African
countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire,
Ethiopia and Vietnam and settled in India.
Age Limit: The candidate’s age limit must be between 21 to 30 years, as of May 01, 2018.
Age Relaxation: The age relaxation will be given to the Reserved categories, which is explained as follows:
- SC/ST – 5 years
- Ex-serviceman – 5 years
- J&K Migrants – 5 years
- OBC – 3 years
- PWD – 10 years
Number of Attempts:
- Any unreserved candidate who has already appeared in Paper 1 six times earlier, RBI will not allow them to attempt the exam anymore.
- There will be no attempts bar for the reserved category’s candidates.
The educational qualification for the RBI Grade B 2018 examination differs accordingly to the respected post, explained below.
- Officer Grade B (DR) General – Candidate must be completed their graduation with an aggregate of at least 60% and in case of reserved category aggregate should not be less than 50%.
- Officer Grade B (DR) DEPR – Candidate must have a Master’s Degree in Economics/Econometrics/Quantitative Economics/Mathematical Economics/Integrated Economics course, Finance or an equivalent grade in aggregate of 55% (Reserved candidates – 50%). The Doctorate degree in Economics or Research is desirable.
- Officer Grade B (DR) DSIM – Candidates must have a Master’s Degree in Statistics/Economics/Mathematical Economics/Econometrics/Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Kharagpur/ Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay with a minimum aggregate of 55% (Reserved candidates – 50%). The Doctorate Degree in above topics is desirable.
Application Form of RBI Grade B 2018
The Application Form for the RBI Grade B 2018 is available online on the official website of the RBI that is www.rbi.org.in. Candidates who are eligible, only they can proceed with the further application process. Firstly, candidates will have to register themselves by providing Name, Contact Details, and E-mail ID on the website. After registration, they will receive their Registration ID and Password which will help them to Log in and apply for the exam. After applying, candidates will have to pay the application fee in order to complete the application process.
- For General/OBC candidates – Rs.850/- (inclusive of all charges)
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates – Rs.100/-(inclusive of all charges)
- There will be no application charges for staff candidates.
Mode of Payment: The application fee must be paid online through Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking.
Admit Card for RBI Grade B 2018
After completing the Application Process candidate can generate the Admit Card for RBI Grade B 2018. Only those candidates will get the Admit Card who have completed the application process accurately. Admit Card is a mandatory document that candidates must carry with them at time of examination. Candidates can download their Admit Cards from the official website. It is advised to the candidates that they must check all the details mentioned on the RBI Grade B 2018 Admit Card. In case of any discrepancy or spelling mistakes, the applicant should immediately contact the authorities. At the time of examination, the candidate must bring other valid government ID Proofs along with the Admit Card, the list of which is as follows.
- Aadhar Card
- Passport size photographs
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Voter’s ID
Centers for RBI Grade B 2018 Exam
The Exam Centers for RBI Grade B will take place in different states. The allotment of centers will be “First apply, First allotted” basis. Applicants who will not be able to get the center of their preference will have to choose among the remaining ones. There will be different centers for the Phase 1 and Phase 2. The candidate is required to choose the center for Phase 1 and Phase 2 separately. Candidate must apply early so that they could get the center of their preference. The applicant will have to reach to the center at their own risk and expenses.
Exam Centers for Phase – I
Exam Centers for Phase – II
Pre – Examination Training for RBI Grade B 2018 Exam
The bank will arrange the Pre – Examination Training PET for special community candidates. The PET will be arranged for Phase – I & II only. To avail, the facility of free of cost training these candidates has to apply (by post or email) separately to the Regional Director/General Manager, Reserve Bank of India. The form is available in the official notification, which is provided in the bottom of the page.
Exam Pattern for RBI Grade B 2018
The RBI has designed a pattern for RBI Grade B 2018 exam. The scheme of the exam is conducting two phases, Preliminary and Mains. After clearing both the Phases, the candidate has to appear for the Interview round.
Phase-1 (Preliminary Exam)
- Mode of Exam: The examination will be a Computer-based test.
- Type of Question Paper: Question paper will be objective type in MCQ form.
- Time: Duration of exam will be 2 hours
- Maximum Marks: 200
|Topics to be covered||Maximum Marks|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning|
Phase-2 (Main Exam)
- Mode: It will be an Online examination.
- Type of Questions: Question paper will be objective type in MCQ form.
- Maximum Marks: 300
- Time: Duration will be 1.5 hours for each section (total time will be 4.5 hours)
|Sections||Type of Paper||Maximum Marks|
|Economic and Social Issues||Objective||100|
The candidates who will qualify in Phase-1 and Phase-2, RBI will call them for the interview round. The interview will be of 50 Marks.
Syllabus for RBI Grade B 2018 Recruitment Exam
The syllabus for the RBI Grade-B 2018 consists of the important topics. As mentioned above, there will be two phases of the exam on the basis of which candidates will be shortlisted for the interview. RBI Grade-B 2018 Syllabus is one of the detailed version of topics that will help the students to score well.
|Preliminary Exam (Phase-1)||Main Exam (Phase-2)|
|General Awareness||Economic and Social Issues (Paper-I)|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||English-writing skills (Paper-II)|
|English||Finance Management (Paper-III)|
Click Here to check the detailed RBI Grade-B 2018 Syllabus.
Answer Key of RBI Grade B 2018 Exam
The Answer Key for the RBI Grade B 2018 will be available online on the official website of the bank. Answer Key is a helpful source for the students to predict their performance in the examination. After successful conduction of RBI Grade B 2018, Answer Key for the same will be released. After the conduction of Phase 1, the Answer Key for the Preliminary round will be out. But after the conduction of Phase 2, the Answer Key for the Mains round will not be out. Because mains are the written exam descriptive type. Candidates can estimate their score on the basis of the RBI Grade B 2018 Answer Key. But they have to rely on the results for Final scores.
Result of RBI Grade B 2018
The candidate who will qualify in the RBI Grade B 2018 Examination will have to appear for the further recruitment process. RBI will declare the RBI Grade B 2018 Result online on the official website. Candidates can download or view the Results from there. At first, the result of the Preliminary exam will be announced. After that Main Exam will hold and then the bank will release the result for Mains. RBI Grade B 2018 Result will consist of Score and Rank of the candidate.
Selection Process for RBI Grade B 2018
The selection of the candidates for the recruitment of RBI Grade B 2018 will be on the basis of the three phases.
- Firstly, the candidates will have to appear for the Phase I (Preliminary Exam).
- Candidates who will qualify pre-examination will have to appear for the Phase II (Main Exam).
- The qualifiers of the Main examination will have to appear for Interview Round and final selection.
- After clearing all three rounds, RBI will recruit the qualifiers as a Grade B Officers.
Pay Scale of RBI Grade B Officer
According to official notification, the basic pay to RBI Grade B officers was Rs.35,150/- per month. In addition to this grade pay, they will also be eligible for Dearness Allowance, Local allowance, House Rent Allowance, Family Allowance, and Grade Allowance as per the RBI rules. After adding all the allowances the monthly Gross emoluments are approximately Rs. 75,831/-(approx).
To check the full Notification related to the Recruitment, Click here.
Official Website: www.rbi.org.in.