|SRM University MBA Admission 2018||Apply Here!|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
This is the RRB ALP 2018 preparation guide first stage CBT for Mathematics, General intelligence and reasoning, General science, and General knowledge on current affairs. RRB ALP Preparation 2018 can be done well in the remaining time. All you need to do to prepare for RRB ALP 2018 is know syllabus and follow a study plan. Also, of course, you need good books to help you out.
First stage CBT includes (1) Mathematics (2) General intelligence and reasoning (3) General science (4) General knowledge on current affairs. Their syllabus along with difficulty level and tips on how to prepare are given here. You will surely do well in exam if you work hard from today. Best of luck!
RRB ALP 2018 Preparation
This is a screening test. Those who apply online at official website can appear in it. Candidates need to obtain minimum cut off (UR – 40%, OBC – 30%, SC – 30%, ST – 25%). Those who get marks equal to or more than cut off will be able to select options for RRB and preference of railways and post. After that RRB will shortlist candidates for second stage CBT as per the result of RRB ALP 2018.
|Mode||Computer based test|
|Number of questions||75|
|Negative marking||1/3rd of marks allotted to that question|
How to prepare for RRB ALP 2018 is explained here for each subject of first stage.
Syllabus: Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work; Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square Root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern.
Difficulty level: Medium. Since you are from a technical background, Mathematics will be an easy section for you.
How to prepare: The questions will be of such level as is expected from a candidate with your educational qualification. In RRB ALP 2018 preparation for mathematics, the first thing to do would be to study these topics from class 10 NCERT math book.
In NCERT mathematics for class 10, you will find almost all topics that are in syllabus. Remaining topics are in lower classes NCERT math books.
- Study each topic from NCERT. Then solve examples and exercise problems.
- Then you can solve questions from books like RS Aggarwal, RD Sharma.
- Don’t go for a very difficult book. Just make sure that you know all concepts well.
- Try to do quick as well as accurate calculations.
General Intelligence and Reasoning
Syllabus: Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision Making, Similarities and Differences, Analytical reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions.
Difficulty level: Medium to Hard.
How to prepare: First understand what is general intelligence and reasoning. These are the questions which test your thinking ability. There is only one way to prepare for this section and that is to solve at least 100 questions of each type.
- You can use any good book for general intelligence and reasoning. Since this section is common in SSC exams, so you can use a good book for SSC also.
- For each type of question, there are short cut tricks. See all of them.
- You can do a google search of each topic and see short cut tricks.
- Solve 20-30 general intelligence and reasoning questions every day. See their solutions also and develop easy methods to solve questions.
Syllabus: The syllabus under this shall cover Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10th standard level.
Difficulty level: Medium to Hard.
How to prepare: Since it is class 10 science syllabus, therefore you should buy NCERT Science Class 10. You can see that there are 16 chapters or units in it. Read one chapter in two days, then revise each chapter that you studied in a week over weekend. Solve all questions.
- Complete syllabus by March end.
- Solve all questions in NCERT. Then solve MCQs based on class 10 NCERT science book.
- Make notes and flashcards to remember facts.
- You can study from reference books also to understand concepts well.
General Awareness on Current Affairs
Syllabus: General awareness on current affairs in Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and other subjects of importance.
Difficulty level: Hard.
How to prepare: It is not clear whether it will be only current affairs or static GK will also be there. To ensure you know both, read static GK from Manorama Year Book. And for current affairs, read all latest news.
- Read newspaper daily.
- Practice questions on current affairs daily to refresh your memory.
- Every weekend, revise all facts you learnt in a week.
- When sitting with friends, discuss GK and current affairs.
Important Books for RRB ALP 2018 Preparation
Railway recruitment for Assistant Loco Pilot and Technician posts have been announced after a long time. Many candidates had been waiting for this notification. Now that the exam is being finally conducted, publication houses are releasing good books to help candidates prepare. Some names that have been recommended by teachers/mentors are as follows.
- Railway Assistant Loco Pilot Exam by Lal and Jain (book)
- General Knowledge & Awareness 2018 for RRB Railway Recruitment Exams (book)
- RRB: Assistant Loco Pilot & Technician (Gr. III) Recruitment Exam Guide (book)
- Assistant Loco Pilot And Technician Practice Test Paper (book)
If there is any other book for RRB ALP 2018 preparation that you would like to recommend, please comment below.