SSC JHT 2020: Recently, SSC has re-scheduled the exam date of JHT paper I. The exam is now tentatively scheduled to be held on November 19, 2020. Staff Selection Commission has released the official notification for the recruitment of Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator and Senior Hindi Translator. The link for SSC JHT registration has started from June 29, 2020. Candidates who have a Master’s degree in Hindi/English are eligible for SSC JHT Exam. The paper 1 exam for SSC Junior Hindi Translator is scheduled on October 06, 2020, and Paper 2 is on January 31, 2021. Read on to know more details about SSC JHT 2020.
>> SSSC has re-scheduled the exam date of SSC JHT 2020 paper -I. Check the dates table below.
>> The registration link for SSC JHT Exam will end on July 25, 2020. Apply now!
SSC JHT 2020
The SSC JHT recruitment is organized for the post of Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator and Senior Hindi Translator. Both male and female candidates are eligible to apply for SSC JHT. Refer to the dates table below to mark important events for SSC JHT.
|Start date of application||29 Jun 2020|
|Last date to apply||25 Jul 2020|
|Last date to pay online fee||27 Jul 2020|
|Last date and time for the generation of offline challan||29 Jul 2020|
|Last date for payment through offline challan||31 Jul 2020|
|Release date of admit card||To be announced|
|SSC JHT Exam Date Paper 1|
|SSC JHT Exam Date Paper 1||31 Jan 2021|
SSC JHT 2020 Notification
Staff Selection Commission has recently released the official notification for SSC JHT Exam. Aspirants can refer to the snapshot of the notification below to get the SSC JHT notification 2020.
SSC Junior Hindi Translator Vacancies 2020
In the official notification, SSC has announced the total vacant posts for Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator and Senior Hindi Translator. Aspirants must note that these vacancies are tentative and may change in future. Now, refer to the table below to know more about the SSC Junior Hindi Translator Vacancies.
|Junior Translator/ Junior Hindi Translator||275|
|Senior Hindi Translator:||08|
SSC JHT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must read the eligibility criteria that SSC has prescribed in the SSC Junior Hindi Translator notification. Aspirants can refer to this section to know the educational qualification, age limit and other aspects of the eligibility.
Age Limit (As On Jan 01, 2021):
- Minimum Age Limit: 18 years
- Maximum Age Limit: 30 years
|PWD + OBC||13 years|
|PWD + SC/ST||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deducting the military services rendered from actual age.|
|Defence Personnel who was disabled in operation during the hostilities with any foreign country/disturbed area||03 years|
|Defence Personnel who was disabled in operation during the hostilities with any foreign country/disturbed area (SC/ST)||08 years|
For post codes ‘A’ to ‘D’ and post code ‘E’
- Master’s degree in Hindi with English as a compulsory or elective subject or as a medium of the exam at degree level, OR
- Master’s degree in English with Hindi as a compulsory or an elective subject or as the medium of the exam at degree level, OR
- Master’s degree in any subject other than Hindi/English with Hindi medium and have studied English compulsory or elective subject or as a medium of the exam at degree level, OR
- Master’s degree in any subject other than Hindi/English with English medium and have studied Hindi compulsory or elective subject or as a medium of the exam at degree level, OR
- Master’s degree in any subject other than Hindi/English with Hindi and English as a compulsory or elective subject or as a medium of the exam at degree level,
- Candidates must have a diploma/certificate course in Translation from Hindi to English and vice versa OR candidate must have 02 years work experience of translation work from Hindi to English and vice versa in Central or State Government office.
SSC JHT 2020 Application Form
Eligible candidates can submit their representations for the announced post by following majorly two steps – registration and submission of the application form. Candidates have to visit the official website of SSC for SSC JHT registration which is ssc.nic.in. After the successful registration, auto-generated user id and password is sent to them. Use these credentials to login and submit the SSC JHT application form.
|Women candidate, SC, ST, PwD, ESM||Exempted from fee submission|
Mode of Payment
- The application fee can be submitted through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit, Debit Card.
- The same can be submitted through the offline process in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI challan.
SSC JHT 2020 Exam Pattern
Refer to the scheme of examination for Paper 1 and Paper 2 given below.
- Mode of examination: Computer-based test
- Type of questions: Objective type questions
- Subjects: General Hindi and General English
- Number of questions: 100 questions
- Maximum marks: 100 marks
- Duration of examination: 02 hours (02 hours 40 minutes for candidates eligible for Scribe)
- Marking Scheme:
- +1 marks for each question
- Negative Marking of 0.25 marks
- Mode of paper: Offline Exam (OMR based)
- Type of questions: Descriptive type questions
- Subject: Translation and Essay
- Maximum Marks: 200 marks
- Duration of exam: 02 hours (02 hours 40 minutes for candidates eligible for Scribe)
SSC JHT Syllabus
SSC JHT 2020 Admit Card
The conducting body releases the JHT admit card for each region separately on their respective website. Aspirants must visit the website of SSC NR, NWR, CR, ER, MPR, WR, NER, SR, KKR to get their SSC JHT admit card. To download the call letters, they must have a User ID and password. SSC does not sends the admit card through the post. Candidates have to carry a print out of SSC Junior Hindi Translator admit card along with the photo identity proof to the exam centre.
SSC JHT 2020 Exam Centres
Candidates have to mention their preference for the test centres for SSC JHT Examination. They have to give the option for three centres within the same region. Refer to the table below to know the exam centres for SSC JHT 2020.
SSC JHT 2020 – Minimum Qualifying Marks
Candidates have to secure the minimum qualifying marks in Paper 1 and Paper 2 which are as follows:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
SSC JHT 2020 Selection Procedure
The selection for Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator and Senior Hindi Translator is done through the following stages.
- Written Examination – SSC initially conducts the Paper1 and Paper 2 in this round. Based on the performance in Paper 1 + Paper 2, candidates are shortlisted for document verification round.
- Document Verification: In this round,c candidates have to carry certain document sin support to their eligibility and reservation claims. The final selection of candidates is based on their performance in Paper 1 + Paper 2 + preference of post provided by candidates at DV round.
Note: For the post of Junior Translator in BRO, candidates have to go through an additional round which is physical and medical standard test. This also involves the Physical Efficiency Test (PET). The PST round is conducted when candidates have cleared the final selection round by BRO.
SSC JHT 2020 Answer Key
The SSC JHT answer key releases through the online process at candidate login. Aspirants who appeared for the exam can download it from the official website, ssc.nic.in. SSC first releases the tentative answer key in which answers to the questions are provided. Referring to provisional JHT answer key, candidates can also raise objections. Objections against the answer key can be submitted by paying Rs.100/- per questions. After considering all the objections submitted, SSC releases a final answer key based on which result is prepared.
SSC JHT 2020 Result
The result for SSC Junior Hindi Translator exam releases a few days after the release of the answer key. Candidates can check their respective result by visiting the official website of SSC which is ssc.nic.in. Initially, the result for Paper 1 releases followed by Paper 2 result. Aspirants have to appear for document verification round where they have to provide their preference for the department/posts. The final allotment list of candidates with the department/posts is also uploaded on the website.
Staff Selection Commission is an organization that works for the recruitment of eligible candidates under the Government of India. It conducts several examinations such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC CPO, SSC Junior Engineer, SSC JHT and others. The commission was set up on November 04, 1945. At present Staff Selection Commission has its headquarters at New Delhi, India. It has its regional offices at Prayagraj, Bangalore Mumbai, Guwahati, Kolkata, Chennai, and New Delhi.
Official website: ssc.nic.in
To know more information for SSC JHT 2020 exam, download notification
SSC JHT 2020 FAQS
Q1. What is the eligibility criteria for SSC JHT exam?
Ans 1. Candidates must have master’s degree with a diploma or certificate in translation.
Q2. How many vacancies are announced this year for SSC JHT exam?
Ans 2. This year total 283 vacancies are announced which are tentative in nature.
Q3. What is the selection procedure of SSC Junior Hindi Translator?
Ans 3. The selection procedure of SSC JHT exam includes the Paper 1, Paper 2 followed by the document verification round.
Q4. Are SSC JHT Paper 1 and Paper 2 online examination?
Ans 4. Paper 1 is a computer based test and Paper 2 is descriptive in nature where candidates have to write answers.