SSC MTS Syllabus 2020-2021- The syllabus for the SSC MTS exam is designed by the conducting body which is Staff Selection Commission. Aspirants who intend to qualify SSC MTS can download the syllabus now. In this article, we have provided official SSC MTS syllabus PDF. To begin the preparation, candidates should have proper knowledge about SSC MTS Syllabus. With the help of the syllabus, candidates can prepare well for this examination. Along with Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) syllabus, some important books for the preparation is also given. Check information related to SSC MTS 2020-2021 Syllabus and exam pattern below.
SSC MTS Syllabus 2020-2021
The Staff Selection Commission publishes SSC MTS syllabus along with the notification. The questions in the exam are mainly asked from English language, General Intelligence and Reasoning, Quantative Aptitude and General Awareness. Check the indicative SSC MTS syllabus 2021 below.
SSC MTS Syllabus 2020-2021 For Paper I
Given below are the detailed syllabus for SSC MTS 2020-2021 for all the four subjects.
- Basics of English Language, Vocabulary, Grammar, synonyms, antonyms, correct usage of synonyms and antonyms, sentence structure, writing ability.
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- This section will have questions of non-verbal type.
- Similarities and differences, problem-solving, space visualization, analysis, judgment, visual memory, decision making, discriminating observation, visual memory, figure classification, relationship concepts, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series, symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation, and other analytical functions, etc.
- Number Systems, Decimals and Fractions and the relationship between Numbers, Computation of Whole Numbers, Percentages, Time and Distance, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, use of Tables and Graphs, etc.
- General awareness is a topic which can not be studied completely. It is such a vast topic to be covered. Given below are some common and important topics which you should study before appearing for the examination.
- Questions will be asked based o the general awareness of the environment around him and its application on the society, current events, matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect, questions related to India and its neighbouring countries, Sports, History, Culture, Economics, Geography, General Polity which includes Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc.
SSC MTS Syllabus 2020-2021 For Paper II
Paper-II will be in Hindi, English or any other languages mentioned in the 8th Schedule of the constitution. This examination is conducted to test the language skills of the commensurate along with the educational qualification. Candidates have to write one short essay or letter given in the question paper.
Have a look at the SSC MTS Syllabus
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2020-2021
Before digging into the vast syllabus for SSC MTS, candidates should have a look at the Exam Pattern of the SSC MTS examination. Understanding the pattern of the exam helps to build the order of attempting the questions during the exam. With SSC MTS exam pattern, applicants can know about the weightage of different sections.
SSC MTS 2020-2021 Paper I Exam Pattern
Here is the exam pattern for the Computer Based Test (CBT) for Paper I. Paper I conducted in CBT, is qualifying in nature.
- Mode of examination: Paper I of SSC MTS is conducted online, Computer Based Test.
- Type of question: Questions are asked in objective type i.e Multiple choice questions.
- Language of the Question Paper: Question paper is designed in both Hindi and English Language (except the English language).
- Duration of Examination: Candidates are provided with 90 minutes. Candidates are eligible for scribe are given 120 minutes.
- Marking Scheme:
|Answers selected||Marking scheme|
|Correct answers||+1 marks|
|Incorrect answers||-0.25 marks|
- Distribution of question:
|Subject||Number of question||Number of marks|
|General intelligence and reasoning||25||25|
SSC MTS 2020-2021 Paper II Exam Pattern
Here is the exam pattern for SSC MTS 2020-2021 for Paper-II. Once a candidate qualifies Paper I, then he/she is called for Paper-II.
- Mode of examination: Paper-II of SSC MTS takes place as a descriptive form. It is conducted in offline mode.
- Type of question: Questions are asked in descriptive type.
- Duration of Examination: Candidates will be provided with 30 minutes. Candidates are eligible for scribe gets 40 minutes.
- Distribution of question:
|Short Essay/Letter in English or in any language which is included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||50 marks|
SSC MTS Preparation books
Check the books for SSC MTS 2020-2021 below. Candidates can refer to these books while preparing for SSC MTS 2020-2021.
|Books’ Name||Buy here|
|Neetu Singh volume 1||Click here|
|Neetu Singh volume 2||Click here|
|SSC Mathematics by Rakesh Yadav||Click here|
|SSC General Awareness by Kiran||Click here|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Click here|
About SSC MTS 2020-2021
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts examination for Multi Tasking Staff (Non-Technical) Examination each year. To apply for this post, candidates should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent from the recognized board. For SSC MTS two papers takes place – Paper I and Paper-II. Both the papers are qualifying in nature. Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in Paper I and Paper-II. There is negative marking in SSC MTS examination. The application form will be available on the official website. Candidates can download the admit card, answer key and result all from the website.