Let’s discuss how one can apply for BSNL Recruitment through GATE 2019. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) will be inviting the applications for the recruitment for the posts of Junior Engineer (JE) and Junior Telecom Officer (JTO) in the upcoming year. You can apply for the BSNL Recruitment 2019 after verifying the eligibility criteria fixed by the conducting body. The official notice will roll-out on the official website www.externalbsnlexam.com and besides that our page will be covering the notice of BSNL Recruitment through GATE 2019. The BSNL Recruitment Exam is an All India Exam that is conducted online in multiple sessions. Refer to this page to know the details of BSNL Recruitment such as Timelines, Vacancies, Posts, Selection Procedure, Eligibility Criteria, etc.
Notice Regarding BSNL Recruitment through GATE 2019
BSNL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
The candidate who will full-fill all the eligibility criteria that the candidate can take part in the Recruitment process. If at any stage candidate is founded ineligible than that candidate will be not considered for the further recruitment process. For more information regarding BSNL Recruitment Through GATE 2019 candidate can see the below-mentioned schedule.
|BSNL Recruitment Through GATE 2019||Date (Tentative)|
|Date of Issue of GATE Admit Card||04 Jan 2019|
|Date of Conduct of GATE 2019 Exam||2, 3, 9 and 10 Feb 2019|
|The Announcement of GATE 2019 Result||16th Mar 2019|
|Online Registration Begins on||01st or 2nd week of Mar 2019|
|Deadline to Apply for BSNL Recruitment Exam 2019||01st week of Apr 2019|
Number of Vacancies (Previous Years Data) For BSNL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
From below candidate can see the Vacancy details from below.
- In the year 2017, there were 2510 vacancies for the post of Junior Telecom Officers (JTOs).
- In the year 2016, there were 2700 vacancies for the post of Junior Engineers (JE).
Posts offered by the BSNL
Candidate can see the details regarding the Posts offered by the BSNL from below.
- As of now, there is no official notice regarding the name of the post, BSNL will be recruiting for but as per the past data, we can predict the vacancies.
- Last year, the recruitment was held in order to book a total number of 2510 vacancies for the post of Junior Telecom Officer (JTO) throughout the 21 BSNL Circles.
- In the year 2016, the organization had 2700 vacancies for the post of Junior Engineers.
Eligibility Criteria For BSNL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
Candidate should full fill all the eligibility criteria for taking part in the recruitment process. FRom below candidate can see the detailed eligibility criteria.
Nationality: Those who have the Indian citizenship can apply.
Educational Qualification: The interested individuals must have cleared BE/ BTech. or equivalent in Telecom/ Electronics/ Radio/ Computer/ Electrical/ Information Technology/ Instrumentation Engineering.
An aspirant must have opted one paper out of selected four disciplines of GATE paper codes CS/ EC/ EE/ IN.
GATE Registration ID: All the aspirants must possess a valid GATE Registration ID (13 Digits) before the registration process.
Age Limit: No candidate will be allowed below the age of 18 years and exceeding the age of 30 years.
Upper Age Limit Relaxation: The upper age limit relaxation will be provided to the following categories mentioned below.
- SC/ ST Category: At Most 5 Years
- OBC Category: Up to 3 Years
- SC/ ST- PWD Category: Not more than 15 years of relaxation.
- OBC-PWD Candidates: Not more than 13 years of upper age limit relaxation.
- OC-PWD Category: Up to 10 years
- BSNL Employees: At most 5 years
Application Procedure For BSNL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
It is compulsory to register towards the candidature for the post of JTO ( Junior Telecom Officer). The interested aspirants can apply for the BSNL Recruitment online through the official website of BSNL www.externalexam.bsnl.co.in. Kindly register only after verifying the eligibility norms as mentioned above and follow the instructions for the application procedure from our page which we will publish upon the arrival of official notification.
- The online payment towards the application form of BSNL Recruitment can be done through Internet Banking, Credit Card and Debit Card only.
- The BSNL Recruitment Application Fee once remitted cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
|Category||Amount of Application Fee|
|Other Categories/ OBC Candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ ST Candidates||Rs. 300/-|
Selection Procedure For BSNL Recruitment Through GATE 2019
From below candidate can see the Selection Procedure For BSNL Recruitment Through GATE 2019.
- The aspirants will be considered on the basis of GATE Score 2019 which will be conducted by IIT Guwahati.
- The interested individuals must have cleared BE/ BTech. or equivalent in Telecom/ Electronics/ Radio/ Computer/ Electrical/ Information Technology/ Instrumentation Engineering.
- An aspirant must have opted one paper out of selected four disciplines of GATE paper codes CS/ EC/ EE/ IN.
- During the registration procedure, one will have to choose a particular circle, where, he/ she will be recruited after the selection.
- The Circle wise merit list will be made by the conducting body as per the score of the individuals in the GATE 2019 Exam.
- To feature in the merit list, one has to secure marks over the cutoff. The cutoff list is made by the BSNL after analysing the previous year cutoff.
- There shall be no interview round or further round of selection for the recruitment process.
- Featuring in the merit-list alone will not secure your slot for the employment. A final call/ appointment letter will be issued to only those candidates who will complete all the formalities such as verification of original documents.
BSNL Recruitment Through GATE Exam Previous Year Cutoff
From below candidate can see the details regarding the BSNL Recruitment Through GATE Exam Previous Year Cutoff.
Schedule Caste (SC)
- First qualifying marks: 134.5/ 200
- Last qualifying marks: 112.5/ 200
Schedule Tribe (ST)
- First qualifying marks: 125.5/ 200
- Last qualifying marks: 101.75/ 200
Other Backward Class (OBC)
- First qualifying mark: 154.25/ 200
- Last qualifying marks: 128.5/ 200
Paper Minimum marks in individual subject Minimum Marks in aggregate 80/ 200 = 40%66/ 200= 33%
|OC||SC/ ST/ OBC||OC||SC/ ST/ OBC|
|General Ability Test||6/ 20= 30%||4/ 20= 20%||—|
|Basic Engineering||27/90= 30%||18/ 90 = 20%||—|
|Specialization||27/90= 30%||18/ 90= 20%||—|
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) is a government-owned industry that was established in the year 2000. Currently, it serves the country through its Fixed-line and mobile telephony, internet services, digital television, IPTV. It conducts the recruitment process to invite the applications for the post of Junior Engineer (JE) and Junior Telecom Officers (JTO). This year, there are 198 vacant seats in total for the post of JTO.