Let’s discuss how one can apply for BSNL Recruitment through GATE 2018. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) will be inviting the applications for the recruitment for the posts of Junior Engineer (JE) and Junior Telecom Officer (JTO) in the upcoming year. You can apply for the BSNL Recruitment 2018 after verifying the eligibility criteria fixed by the conducting body. The official notice will roll-out on the official website www.externalbsnlexam.com and besides that our page will be covering the notice of BSNL Recruitment through GATE 2018. The BSNL Recruitment Exam is an All India Exam that is conducted online in multiple sessions. Refer to this page to know the details of BSNL Recruitment such as Timelines, Vacancies, Posts, Selection Procedure, Eligibility Criteria, etc.
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) is a government owned industry that was established in the year 2000. Currently, it serves the country through its Fixed line and mobile telephony, internet services, digital television, IPTV. It conducts the recruitment process to invite the applications for the post of Junior Engineer (JE) and Junior Telecom Officers (JTO). Last year, there were 2510 vacant seats in total for the post of JTO.
Tentative Dates regarding the BSNL Recruitment through GATE 2018
Timelines of GATE 2018Tentative Timelines of BSNL Recruitment 2018
|Date of Issue of Admit Card||05th January 2018|
|Date of Conduct of GATE 2018 Exam||03, 04, 10, 11 February 2018|
|The Announcement of GATE 2018 Result||17th March 2018|
|Online Registration Begins on||01st or 2nd week of March 2018|
|Deadline to Apply for BSNL Recruitment Exam 2018||01st week of April 2018|
Number of Vacancies as per Previous Years Data
- In the year 2017, there were 2510 vacancies for the post of Junior Telecom Officers (JTOs) .
- In the year 2016, there were 2700 vacancies for the post of Junior Engineers (JE) .
Posts offered by the BSNL
- As of now, there is no official notice regarding the name of the post, BSNL will be recruiting for but as per the past data, we can predict the vacancies.
- Last year, the recruitment was held in order to book a total number of 2510 vacancies for the post of Junior Telecom Officer (JTO) throughout the 21 BSNL Circles.
- In the year 2016, the organisation had 2700 vacancies for the post of Junior Engineers.
- The aspirants will be considered on the basis of GATE Score 2018 which will be conducted by IIT Guwahati.
- The interested individuals must have cleared BE/ BTech. or equivalent in Telecom/ Electronics/ Radio/ Computer/ Electrical/ Information Technology/ Instrumentation Engineering.
- An aspirant must have opted one paper out of selected four disciplines of GATE paper codes CS/ EC/ EE/ IN.
- During the registration procedure, one will have to choose a particular circle, where, he/ she will be recruited after the selection.
- The Circle wise merit list will be made by the conducting body as per the score of the individuals in the GATE 2018 Exam.
- To feature in the merit list, one has to secure marks over the cutoff. The cutoff list is made by the BSNL after analysing the previous year cutoff.
- There shall be no interview round or further round of selection for the recruitment process.
- Featuring in the merit-list alone will not secure your slot for the employment. A final call/ appointment letter will be issued to only those candidates who will complete all the formalities such as verification of original documents.
Eligibility Criteria of GATE Disciplines
Nationality: Those who have the Indian citizenship can apply.
Educational Qualification: The interested individuals must have cleared BE/ BTech. or equivalent in Telecom/ Electronics/ Radio/ Computer/ Electrical/ Information Technology/ Instrumentation Engineering.
An aspirant must have opted one paper out of selected four disciplines of GATE paper codes CS/ EC/ EE/ IN.
GATE Registration ID: All the aspirants must possess a valid GATE Registration ID (13 Digits) before the registration process.
Age Limit: No candidate will be allowed below the age of 18 years and exceeding the age of 30 years.
Upper Age Limit Relaxation: The upper age limit relaxation will be provided to the following categories mentioned below.
- SC/ ST Category: At Most 5 Years
- OBC Category: Up to 3 Years
- SC/ ST- PWD Category: Not more than 15 years of relaxation.
- OBC-PWD Candidates: Not more than 13 years of upper age limit relaxation.
- OC-PWD Category: Up to 10 years
- BSNL Employees: At most 5 years
Application Procedure for BSNL Recruitment 2018
It is compulsory to register towards the candidature for the post of JTO ( Junior Telecom Officer). The interested aspirants can apply for the BSNL Recruitment online through the official website of BSNL www.externalexam.bsnl.co.in. Kindly register only after verifying the eligibility norms as mentioned above and follow the instructions for the application procedure from our page which we will publish upon the arrival of official notification.
- The online payment towards the application form of BSNL Recruitment can be done through Internet Banking, Credit Card and Debit Card only.
- The BSNL Recruitment Application Fee once remitted cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
|Category||Amount of Application Fee|
|Other Categories/ OBC Candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ ST Candidates||Rs. 300/-|
BSNL Recruitment Exam Previous Year Cutoff
Schedule Caste (SC)
First qualifying marks: 134.5/ 200
Last qualifying marks: 112.5/ 200
Schedule Tribe (ST)
First qualifying marks: 125.5/ 200
Last qualifying marks: 101.75/ 200
Other Backward Class (OBC)
First qualifying mark: 154.25/ 200
Last qualifying marks: 128.5/ 200.
PaperMinimum marks in individual subjectMinimum Marks in aggregate80/ 200 = 40%66/ 200= 33%
|OC||SC/ ST/ OBC||OC||SC/ ST/ OBC|
|General Ability Test||6/ 20= 30%||4/ 20= 20%|
|Basic Engineering||27/90= 30%||18/ 90 = 20%|
|Specialization||27/90= 30%||18/ 90= 20%|