SSC or Staff Selection Commission is an important organization that looks after various recruitment exams and processes. It is attached to Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT). It is most popularly known for exams such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, SSC JE, SSC CPO, SSC SI ASI, SSC Stenographer, SSC GD Constable.
Staff Selection Commission Exams
- Combined Graduate Level (CGL)
- Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL)
- Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA & SSF and Rifleman
- Multi Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff
- Junior Engineer
- Junior Hindi Translators (JHT)
- Junior Translators in CSOLs
- Stenographers (Grade C & D)
- Sub Inspectors (SI) & Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI)
Other Exams Conducted by SSC
- Clerks’ Grade (for Multi Tasking Staff only) Exam.
- Grade ‘C’ Steno. Ltd. Dept. Comp. Exam.
- Upper Div. Clerk Ltd. Depttl. Comp. Exam.
SSC Exam Schedule 2016 – 2017 (Tentative)
- (*) – CBE – Computer Based Examination
- (**) – DES – Descriptive Paper
- (***) – OMR – Optical Mark Recognition
State Staff Selection Commission Exams
- Bihar Staff Selection Commission (BSSC)
- Haryana Staff Selection Commission (HSSC)
- Himachal Pradesh Staff Selection Commission (HBSSSB)
- Orissa Staff Selection Commission (OSSC)
- Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission (JSSC)
- West Bengal Staff Selection Commission (WBSSC)
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) works on a national level. SSC looks after release of notification, application form, admit card, declaration of result and deciding cut offs. Candidates can get in pages here details including SSC Notification, SSC Application Form, SSC Admit Card, SSC Result, SSC Cut Off.
In SSC, there are these zones – SSC Northern Region, SSC Central Region, SSC Eastern Region, SSC North Eastern Region, SSC Western Region, SSC Southern Region, SSC Kerala Karnataka Region, SSC North Western Region.
Whereas state level SSC also exist and they look after several recruitment at state level. State wise Staff Selection Commission are also listed here and candidates can go to respective page to know State Staff Selection Commission ongoing and upcoming recruitment.
SSC and state SSC recruits several staff to various posts with vacancies. There are exams (sometimes only one stage, sometimes more than one) to select candidates for recruitment. In certain posts, where Government of India approves, there are interviews also for SSC selection.State Wise Recruitment