IBPS Clerk 2019: IBPS has released the mains result of CRP Clerk IX at the official website. Candidates who clear the preliminary exam will now be eligible to appear in the main exam. After the main exam the qualifying candidates have to appear in a personal interview. The candidates must be of age between 20 to 28 and have a graduation degree as well. The exam is conducted in both English and Hindi medium. To know more about IBPS Clerk ix syllabus 2019, Application Form, Exam Dates etc, Read the article below.
Latest: The result of online mains exam of IBPS Clerk IX has been released. Check here
IBPS Clerk 2019
There is a total of 17 participating institutes for the conduct of this exam who will use the result of the candidates for recruitment purpose. The vacancies are divided into SC, ST, OBC, EWS and General Category. Below are important dates related to IBPS Clerk 2019:
|IBPS Clerk 2019||Dates|
|Start Date of Application Form||17 Sep 2019|
|End Date of Application Form||09 Oct 2019|
|Downloading Call letter for Pre-exam Training||November 2019|
|Pre-Exam Training||25 to 30 Nov 2019|
|Downloading Call Letters for Pre-Exam||26 Nov 2019|
|Preliminary Exam||7,8,14 & 21 Dec 2019|
|Result of Online Preliminary Exam||01 Jan 2020|
|Downloading Call Letters for Main Exam||07 Jan 2020|
|Display of Scorecard||08 Jan – 19 Jan 2020|
|Main Exam||19 Jan 2020|
|Release of admit card for re-exam of mains||30 Jan -08 Feb 2020|
|Date of re-exam of mains||08 Feb 2020|
|Mains Exam result||20 May 2020|
IBPS Clerk 2019 Provisional Allotment Postponed!
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, IBPS has decided to postpone the provisional allotment of IBPS Clerk (CRP Clerks IX). Check the official notice below.
Admit Card IBPS Clerk 2019
The admit card is released by the IBPS on its official website. It may also be sent to the candidate through registered Mail as well. The call letter for every stage of recruitment will be released separately by IBPS. Candidates will need login details to download the call letter from the official website. You must take a valid Photo ID proof and a photocopy of the same along with the call letter to the exam centre. Learner’s driving license and ration card are not considered as valid photo IS proof.
Admit Card: Click here to download call letter of main re-examination.
In main exam a separate call letter is issued for the scribe person. Candidates must report to the exam centre 1 hour before the starting time of exam. The full address of exam, exam date and timing is communicated to the candidates through admit card only. Candidates must also follow the instructions mentioned in the admit card.
Result of IBPS Clerk 2019
The result of IBPS clerk exam is released in 3 segments which are first after the preliminary exam for all the candidates who are eligible for appearing in the main exam. The second result is released for the candidates who clear the main exam. The candidates have to clear the sectional as well as overall cut-off to qualify the main exam. In the last, the final merit list is prepared on the basis of candidates performance in the main exam as well as in the personal interview. The candidates must take the required documents for verification on the date fo joining.
Exam Pattern of IBPS Clerk 2019
Below is the exam pattern you can refer to for Preliminary and Main exam:
(i) Preliminary Exam:
Mode of Exam: Online Test
Language: English and Hindi
Duration: 1 hour
No. of Questions: 100 questions
Type of Questions: MCQ type questions
Marking Scheme: Every questions will have 1 mark each. There is also negative marking of 0.25 marks.
|Sections||No. of Questions||No. of Marks|
(ii) Main Exam:
Mode of Exam: Online Test
Language: English and Hindi
Duration: 160 minutes
No. of Questions: 190 questions
Type of Questions: MCQ type questions
Marking Scheme: Every Question will have marks as allotted. There will be negative marking of 25% of total marks of particular question.
|Sections||No. of Questions||No. of Marks|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60|
IBPS Clerk 2019 Syllabus
Start preparing the right way as the exam dates for IBPS Clerk are out. Here is an exam-wise list of subjects and syllabus:
Part 1: IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam Syllabus
|Reasoning Ability||English Language|
– Seating Arrangements
– Direction Sense
– Blood Relation
– Order and Ranking
– Machine Input-Output
– Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series
– Data Sufficiency
– Passage Inference
– Statement and Assumption
|– Reading Comprehension|
– Cloze Test
– Sentence Errors
– Vocabulary based questions
– Sentence Improvement
– Jumbled Paragraph
– Paragraph Based Questions (Paragraph Fillers, Paragraph Conclusion, Paragraph / Sentences Restatement)
|– Number Series|
– Simplification/ Approximation
– Data Interpretation
– Quadratic Equations
Part 2: IBPS Clerk Main Exam Syllabus
|General / Financial Awareness||General English|
|– Science And Technology|
– Important Awards & Honors
– Current National And International Events or Issues
– Indian financial system
– Computer and IT Knowledge
– Recent Credit and monetary policies
– Banking Knowledge – Abbreviations and Economic Terminologies
– National financial institutions like SEBI, IRDS, FSDC, etc
– International financial institutions like IMF, World Bank, ADB, UN, etc
– Appointments and Resignations
– Sports and Politics
– Prominent Personalities
– Important Govt. Schemes on the money market, credit, capital, loans, etc.
– Word Formation
– Active/ Passive voice
– Spotting Errors
– Direct and Indirect speech
– Phrases and idioms
– Passage completion
– Rearrangement of topics in a passage
– Theme Detection
– Deriving Conclusion
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude|
|– Verbal and figure classification|
– Decision making
– Symbols and their relationships
– Analytical functions
– Arithmetical computation
– Verbal and non-verbal
– Observation, Arithmetical reasoning
– Analysis, Similarities, Analogies
– Space visualization, Judgment
– Arithmetical number series, Visual memory
– Relationship concepts, Differences
– Problem solving, Discrimination
|– Ratio & Proportions|
– Profit, Loss, and Discount
– Time And Distance
– Stocks and Shares
– Data Interpretation and Approximate Values
– HCF & LCM, Simplification
– Percentage, Partnership
– Compound and Simple Interest
– Time And Work
– Relationship Between Numbers
– Whole Numbers
– Decimals And Fractions
– Number Series, Probability
– Permutations & Combination’s
Books for IBPS Clerk 2019
Get, Set, Go! Start preparing for the IBPS Clerk recruitment as Preliminary exam for IBPS Clerk 2019 is around the corner. Here is a list of books that are recommended by experts and students:
|IBPS Clerk 2019 Syllabus||Books|
|English Language||Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi|
|Numerical Ability||Numerical Ability for IBPS, SSC, RRB and All Other Examinations by Sachchida Nand Jha|
|Reasoning Ability||Wiley’s Verbal Ability and Reasoning for Competitive Examinations by P.A. Anand and Lalit Singh|
|General/ Financial Awareness||Banking and Economic Awareness by Rakesh Kumar And Sunny Kalra|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R S Aggarwal|
How to Prepare for IBPS Clerk 2019 Exam
To prepare for IBPS Clerk Exam, all one needs is to be a little bit managed. Here is a strategy that will help in clearing the IBPS Clerk CRP phase:
- Work on the Basics: Clear your basics before you advance to the next stage
- Chalk Out a Plan: Create a proper plan of action to ensure everything gets covered.
- Keep Yourself Updated: Read the newspaper (The Hindu, The Times of India, and The Telegraph) on a daily basis. This will help with current affairs.
- Practice Makes One Perfect: Give as many mock tests as possible. An attempt last year’s papers for better understanding. Understand the parts where you are lacking. Prepare these topics from scratch. Work on the speed.
- Notes Really Help: Create cards or notes for quick reference. Develop a habit to create a note or card of difficult concepts.
- Study Topic Wise: Work on difficult subjects first. Create notes and make a habit of revising on a daily basis.
Below are the proposed exam centre regions as specified by IBPS:
Preliminary Exam Centres:
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Chirala, Chittoor, Eluru, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Ongole, Rajahmundry, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam, Vizianagaram|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar, Tezpur|
|Bihar||Arrah, Aurangabad, Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai Nagar, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Surat, Jamnagar|
|Daman & Diu|
|Delhi||Delhi/New Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurugram|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Himatnagar, Jamnagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Haryana||Ambala, Faridabad, Gurugram, Hissar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Yamuna Nagar|
|Himachal Pradesh||Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Shimla, Solan, Una|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Samba, Jammu, Srinagar|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru, Belgaum, Bidar, Davangere, Dharwad, Gulbarga, Hassan, Hubli, Mandya, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udupi|
|Kerala||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrichur|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain|
|Maharashtra||Amravati, Aurangabad, Chandrapur, Dhule, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai/ Thane/ Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Pune, Ratnagiri, Solapur|
|Odisha||Balasore, Berhampur(Ganjam), Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Fategarh Sahib, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala, Sangrur|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Erode, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruchirapalli, Tirunelvelli, Vellore, Virudhunagar|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Banda, Bareilly, Faizabad, Ghaziabad, Gonda, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Noida/ Greater Noida, Sitapur, Varanasi|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Durgapur, Greater Kolkata, Hooghly, Kalyani, Siliguri|
Main Examination Centres
|State||Main Examination Centres|
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur, Kurnool, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam|
|Bihar||Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Muzzafarpur, Patna|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Surat|
|Daman & Diu|
|Delhi||Same as prelims|
|Goa||Same as prelims|
|Himachal Pradesh||Hamirpur, Shimla|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu, Srinagar|
|Jharkhand||Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru, Hubli, Mangalore|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Indore|
|Maharashtra||Aurangabad, Mumbai/ Thane/ |
Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune
|Punjab||Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala|
|Sikkim||Same as prelims|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Madurai, Tirunelveli|
|Uttar Pradesh||Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Greater Kolkata, Kalyani, Siliguri|
Application Form IBPS Clerk 2019
The application form for IBPS Clerk 2019 can be filled in online form only. Candidates must have their own phone no. and mail ID for filling the application form. The documents to be uploaded in the form includes scanned files of recent passport photo, signature, left thumb impression and hand written declaration. The signature must not be in CAPITAL letters. The form once submitted cannot be corrected by any means. The candidate must take a print out of application form after the application fee is paid.
Application Fee: The application fee can be paid in online mode only (debit card, credit card or net banking). It is non-refundable once it is paid. The online transaction charges will also be added to the application fee. Below is the application fee for the form:
|SC / ST / PWD / EXSM||100/-|
|General / Others||600/-|
Eligibility Criteria IBPS Clerk 2019
The application form of ineligible candidates will be rejected. Therefore, candidates must refer to the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Below is the eligibility criteria you can refer to:
Nationality: Below is the nationality criteria who can apply:
- Indian Citizen
- Nepal or Bhutan and Tibetan Refugees who arrived in India before 1st January 1962
- Indian origin, who wish to migrate to India, from the following countries
- Sri Lanka
- East African countries of Kenya
- the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar)
- Ethiopia and
Age Limit: Candidates must be of age between 20 to 28 years (as on September 01, 2019) subject to age relaxation for some categories.
Age Relaxation: Following is the age relaxation for some categories:
|ESM/ Disabled ESM||Service Rendering Period + 3 years (8 years in case of Disabled)Max. of 50 years of age|
|Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only)||5 years|
Education Qualification: The candidate must have a degree of graduation in any stream from a recognised institute.
Additional Qualification: To be eligible for IBPS Clerk, it is a must to possess an operating and working knowledge of a computer. Certificate / Diploma / Degree in computer operations / language / computer / information technology will be preferred.
Below is the cut-off score of provisional allotment as well for the main exam. Candidates can refer below the cut-off of last year to get an idea of the cut-off that will be prepared for this year’s exam.
Refer below for the selection procedure of IBPS clerk 2019:
- Preliminary Examination: The first level of selection procedure is preliminary examiantion. The exam is of 1 hour duration in which the candidate has to solve 100 questions of 1 marks each. The question paper will be divided into 3 sections to be solved in 20 minutes each.
- Main Examination: The candidates who clear the preliminary examination will be called for the main examination. The duration of main exam is 160 minutes. The question paper will have 190 questions of 200 marks in total. It will be divided into 4 sections. The candidates have to qualify the sectional as well as overall cut-off to qualify the exam. The marks scored in the main exam will be considered for preparing the final merit list.
- Personal Interview: The candidates who clear the main exam are eligible to appear in the personal interview. The personal interview is conducted commonly for all the banks. The marks scored in the personal interview are considered for preparation of merit list.
IBPS Clerk Interview 2019
The Personal Interview is the final level in the selection process of IBPS Clerk 2019. A common personal interview round in organised by Institute of Banking Personnel Selection for the common recruitment process. The candidates who qualify the main examination are called for the personal interview. While preparing the final merit list the score of main exam and personal interview are considered. The candidates who appear in the personal interview must take following documents to the personal inteview with him:
- Print of the system-generated application form
- Interview call letter
- Mark sheets
- Graduation degree
The result of the CRP Clerical Cadre exams is accepted by all the participating institutes which have notified vacancies through IBPS common recruitment process. Below is the list of all the participating institute for IBPS Clerk 2019:
|Allahabad Bank||Canara Bank|
|Indian Overseas Bank||Syndicate Bank|
|Andhra Bank||Central Bank of India|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce||UCO Bank|
|Bank of Baroda||Corporation Bank|
|Punjab National Bank||Union Bank of India|
|Bank of India||Indian Bank|
|Punjab & Sind Bank||United Bank of India|
|Bank of Maharashtra|
|Andaman & Nicobar||14|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||4|
|Daman & Diu||2|
|Jammu & Kashmir||7|
Reservations for IBPS Clerk 2019
All the vacancies of every region are divided into various categories. The reservation criteria is applicable on total vacancies notified by every participating institute. The category reservation is divided into Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribe, Other Backward Classes and Economically Weaker Section. The horizontal reservtion is on the basis of Physically Challenged candidates, Ex-serviceman and Disabled Ex-servicemen. The horizontal reservation is adjusted from all the categories or the total vacancies. The cut-off for every category is prepared separately.
Job Profile of an IBPS Clerk
IBPs clerk is the first point of contact in many areas of banking. The clerk is responsible to resolve queries and guide the customer. After working for 3 years as a clerk, one can apply for the post of Probationary Officer (PO). the clerk needs to qualify for an internal exam to get promoted. Here are the responsibilities of an IBPS clerk:
- Cash handling for customers (withdrawing and depositing)
- Accepts and issues a receipt for cheques, drafts, dividend warrants, and pay orders
- Verifies details on the cheques and demand drafts
- Maintains a record of balance on a daily basis
- Undertakes back-office activities like receipt collection, ledger maintenance, balance tally, data entry, and more
- Issues cheque books to customers
- Cross-marketing of financial products
IBPS Clerk 2019 Salary
The salary of IBPS Clerk comprises basic pay and allowances. The pay scale of clerk cadre is Rs 11,765 – 42,020. During the training period, the basic pay will be Rs 11,765. Allowances added to the IBPS clerk salary are as follows:
- Dearness Allowance (DA): This allowance is revised quarterly. It is based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) and may fluctuate with changes in CPI rate. It is approximately 40% of the basic pay.
- House Rent Allowance (HRA): Depends on the posting of a clerk. It ranges between 6.50% to 8.50%.
- Medical Allowance: The annual allowance is fixed at Rs 2000.
- Transport Allowance (TA) – Approximately Rs. 425 per month.
In-hand salary of a clerk ranges between Rs 19,461 to Rs. 22,000.
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is an autonomous body which conducts exam for recruitment of personnel for his clients. The main vision of this organisation is Speed, Accuracy and confidentiality. The major clients of IBPS are SBI, NABARD, SIDBI as well public sector banks. It conducts national level exams such as IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk etc. every year.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : The pay scale of clerk cadre is Rs 11,765 – 42,020. In-hand salary of a clerk ranges between Rs 19,461 to Rs. 22,000.
Ans : The total vacancies of IBPS Clerk 2019 are 11886
Ans : The selection procedure consists of the preliminary exam, the main exam and the personal interview.
Ans : Yes, the sectional cut-off, as well as the overall cut-off, is declared for the preparation of merit list of the exam result.
Ans : The candidates will get 1 hour to solve the question paper of preliminary level.
Ans : The clerk is responsible to resolve queries and guide the customer, Cash handling for customers, Accepts and issues a receipt for cheques, drafts, dividend warrants, and pay orders etc.
Official Website: www.ibps.in
Candidates can know more about IBPS Clerk 2019 from the information brochure.