NDA Preparation 2020: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notifications for NDA (I) 2020 and NDA (II) 2020 at the official UPSC website, upsc.gov.in. Eligible candidates can apply as per the schedule of each exam if they have passed or are appearing in the exam of the 10+2 pattern. In order to get selected in the written exam, candidates are advised to start preparing from now onwards. Before preparing all a candidate requires is a proper strategy and important preparation tips. With the ocean of books available in the market to prepare here are some of the important books you can refer to while preparing for NDA 2020. Check the article below for NDA preparation 2020.
NDA Preparation 2020
Candidates can either take coaching from any institutes or prepare on their own. However, even with help, self-study holds the key to effective preparations for the exam. This year, the NDA (I) and (II) exams are held as a common entrance test. Thus candidates wishing to appear in both have an added advantage to utilize preparations to ace either or both the exams. Aspirants can refer to some tips provided below to prepare for NDA 2020.
NDA 2020 Preparation Tips for Last 10 Days
NDA 2020 is scheduled to take place on September 06, 2020. So here we are with some quick and very useful preparation tips for last 10 days. Go through them and get prepared for the final day.
NDA 2020 Preparation Tips During Lockdown
The NDA (I) 2020 exam was earlier postponed due to the lockdown in the country, in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 pandemic. Although the new dates are available now, in the current situations, candidates have effectively utilise their stay at home to focus on preparations with lesser distractions. Check out the video below.
NDA 2020 Exam Pattern
Before getting into the books and preparation tips, the candidate must know and understand what the exam pattern for the NDA (I) & (II) examinations are. Check the exam pattern for NDA 2020 below.
- Mode of examination: UPSC conducts NDA NA 1 examination in offline mode. Answer booklets are provided to the candidate.
- Language of the Test booklet: Question paper is designed in both Hindi and English languages.
- Duration: For each paper, Candidates are provided with 2 and a half hours (150 minutes) to attempt as many questions (for each subject).
- Total Marks: The written examination is of 900 marks. These marks are divided between Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- Distribution of Marks:
|General Ability Test (GAT)||600 marks|
|Total marks||900 marks|
Important Books for NDA 2020
While preparing for the National Defense Academy and Naval Academy Examinations, candidates can refer to these books. These books are for 2019, aspirants can search for 2020 as well of the same publication. Check the important books for NDA 2020 Examination in the table below.
|Books Name||Buy here|
|Let’s Crack NDA Exam||Click here|
|Pathfinder NDA/NA National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Entrance Examination 2019||Click here|
|NDA / NA Solved Paper Chapterwise & Sectionwise 2019||Click here|
|10 Practice Sets NDA/NA Defence Academy & Naval Academy 2019||Click here|
How to Prepare for NDA NA 2020 Mathematics
Questions are asked in multiple-choice format. Candidates have to choose only one option out of four as an answer. You can check the preparation tips to prepare for NDA 2020 Mathematics examination.
- The mathematics paper of NDA is to test the mathematical concepts of the candidates.
- To prepare for Mathematics candidates should start from their 11th and 12th standard NCERT textbooks.
- Candidates should focus and have clarity about the basic concepts rather than focusing on hardcore mathematics.
- Revise and prepare all the important and basic formulas.
- Candidates are advised to solve previous year question paper and mock test.
- Manage the time to attempt the question paper. Try to attempt all the questions of which aspirants know the answer about.
- Accuracy is must with the speed. Try to solve questions on time and with all the questions correct.
- As you have almost 4-5 months in hand, you can cover all the topics mentioned in the syllabus.
How to Prepare for NDA NA 2020 General Ability Test
General ability test will have two sections – one is English and second is general knowledge. So, read the preparation tips below to prepare for General Ability Test (GAT).
- English section is the least time-consuming section. It is very easy to score in English section so make sure that your language skills are on point.
- Focus on practicing the comprehension section, vocabulary to prepare for English section.
- To prepare for general knowledge you have to read news papers daily for current affairs.
- You can also refer to 12th standard textbooks for the preparation.
- Keep practicing mock test for time management and accuracy.
- Practice previous year question papers to know about the important and topics of more weightage.
How to Prepare for the SSB Interview Round
To qualify for this round, the candidate first has to qualify written examination. After qualifying the written examination will a candidate be called for interview round. To prepare for the interview round read the tips below.
- Aim of interview round is to check the officer like quality of the candidate.
- Take mock interview and consider the questions as if they are asked in real interview.
- Answer the questions asked with all honesty.
- You can prepare for the psychological test online.
About NDA 2020
The Union Public Service Commission, commonly known as UPSC, conducts examination for the National defense academy and naval academy examination. Candidates who are appearing or have cleared 12th standard with 10+2 pattern of school education are eligible to apply. Physical standards are an important factor for an applicant for selection. Also, only male candidates who are unmarried can apply. The examination for both the NDA (I) and NDA (II) admissions are conducted commonly this year. Selection procedure have two rounds which have written examination and then interview round. Final selection is made on the basis of candidate’s performance in the interview round after qualifying in the written.