NDA Preparation Tips 2022: NDA is considered one of the toughest exams conducted by UPSC. The candidates must be highly skilled, have sound knowledge of current affairs, must have good vocabulary and speaking skill. To crack NDA is a dream for many, and thus aspirants must set their goal and consistently strive to achieve it. Hard work and determination is the key to ace any exam. Cover the prescribed syllabus in time and give as many mock tests and solve previous years questions. Previous Year papers help in comprehending the exam pattern and get a brief idea of the type of questions the paper demands. Candidates can follow this article to get some useful NDA Preparation Strategy, tips and tricks, important books and useful resources.
NDA Preparation Tips 2022
After analyzing the difficulty level of the paper, the pattern of the paper, Candidates should develop a strategy for their preparation. There should be different preparation strategies as per subject requirements. Candidates can follow the subject wise curated tips and tricks curated by us which can boost their performance.
Subject-Wise NDA Preparation Strategy
- Give priority to some major topics such as Calculus, Quadratic equation, Matrices & Determinants, Trigonometry.
- Candidates should be quick in their calculation.
- Candidates should not waste more than 2-3 minutes on any questions.
- Memorise the trigonometric functions properly,
- Candidates must develop a habit of reading newspapers such as The Hindu, The Indian Express, Telegraph, etc, .
- Read magazines on current affairs or watch news to stay updated with the current events and happenings in India and the world.
- Candidates can use the previous years’ paper and mock tests to improve speed and accuracy.
- Sample question papers are also good to increase the candidates’ predicting skills.
- The English section tests understanding of grammar and vocabulary.
- Candidates must develop a habit of reading English newspapers such as The Hindu, The Indian Express, Telegraph, etc.
- Candidates should practise writing articles, essays.
- Good books should be used for Grammar practice.
General TIPS & TRICKS:
- Candidates should be well aware about the exam format before preparing.
- The syllabus should be followed strictly while preparation for the same is done.
- Candidates should prepare a time-table for self preparation.
- Prepare short notes as it helps in easy recap.
- Attempt questions which appear easy first as few marks can be fetched quickly.
- Select good author/publications books.
- Emphasis on the key topics which constitute weightage of marks in the NDA question paper.
- Solving the previous year NDA questions/giving mocks helps in identifying the weaker/doubts sections.
NDA Exam Pattern 2022
Go through the NDA exam pattern of Paper 1 and Paper 2 to avoid confusion and it can also strengthen preparation strategy. The exam pattern is given as follows:
- NDA is an offline examination.
- The exam consists of two stages. Stage 1 has two papers, Maths and GAT and the Stage 2 Intelligence & Personality Test (SSB).
|Total No. of Questions||120|
|Marks per Correct answer||2.5 marks|
|Marks per incorrect answer||-0.83|
|Exam Duration||2.5 Hours|
|Total No. of Questions||150|
|No. of questions in English Section||50|
|No. Of questions in General knowledge Section||100|
|Maximum Marks for English||200|
|Maximum Marks for G.K.||400|
|Marks perr Correct Answer||4|
|Marks perr Incorrect Answer||-1.33|
|Exam Duration||2.5 Hours|
NDA Exam Pattern for SSB Interview
The pattern of NDA Interview is as given below:
|Stage 1||Screening Test||Verbal and non-verbal tests.PPDT|
|Stage 2||Psychological Test||Thematic Apperception Test (TAT)|
Word Association Test (WAT)
Situation Reaction Test (SRT)
Self Description Test (SD)
|Group Testing Officers Test||Command Task|
Snake race/Group Obstacle Race
|Personal Interview & conference||–|
NDA 2022 Syllabus
UPSC prescribes the specific NDA syllabus which can be prepared to yield the maximum result. Here is the list of the subjects of both the papers from which questions are asked in the NDA exam.
NDA Syllabus for Mathematics:
- Matrices and Determinants
- Integral Calculus and Differential Equations
- Vector Algebra
- Analytical Geometry Of Two and Three Dimension
- Statistics and Probability
NDA Syllabus for English
- Spotting Errors
- Selecting Words
- Ordering of Words in a Sentence
- Sentence Improvement
NDA Syllabus for General Knowledge
- General Science
- History & Freedom Movement
- Current Events
NDA Preparation Books
Among the abundance of different authors and various publications books available in the market, candidates should select good author books which aspirants can refer to for NDA. It is as per our advice to use the latest version books for preparation. Here are a few recommendations for the best books to prepare for NDA.
- NCERT Mathematics Textbook of Class 11 and Class 12 by NCERT
- Mathematics by R.S. Aggarwal
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
- Wren & Martin High School English Grammar and Composition by S. Chand
- Objective General Knowledge by Lucent Publications
- General Knowledge 2022 by Arihant Publication
The National Defence Academy(NDA) Examination is conducted by the UPSC for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the Union Government across the nation. It is conducted two times a year. The NDA examination comprises a written examination, SSB interview, medical examination, and the final step is declaration of the final merit list. Both men and women are eligible to appear for this examination.
NDa Preparation Tips 2022 FAQs
Ans. There are two papers conducted for the NDA exam and they are conducted on the same day.
Ans. Yes, there is an SSB interview round in the NDA exam.
Ans. The NDA exam is held twice every year.