NRA CET 2021-2022 – As per Press Information Bureau (PIB) notice, Common Entrance Test (CET) is likely to take place in early 2022. Ladakh will have two centres at Leh and Kargi to conduct the NRA CET Exam. National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will be conducting Common Eligibility Test (CET) for the Central Government Jobs from 2022. It is most likely that NRA CET 2021 exam will take place in early 2022. It is expected that by soon the complete notification and exact exam date will be announced by the end of the year. NRA will shortlist eligible candidates for the vacancies of Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted posts, certain Group ‘B’ Gazetted posts, Group ‘C’ posts in the Government and equivalent posts. Candidates who were earlier asked to appear for different exams can now appear for one single exam. Get complete details on NRA CET 2021-2022 from this article.
Latest: NRA CET 2021-2022 likely to take place early 2022.
NRA CET 2021-2022
Check all the important dates regarding NRA CET 2021-2022 from the table below.
|Notification||To be announced|
|Application Form Release Date||To be announced|
|Last date to apply||To be announced|
|NRA CET Exam Date||Early 2022|
|Result||To be announced|
Overview of NRA CET 2021-2022
In the year 2019, the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions proposed to set up a specialised agency to conduct a Common Eligibility Test (CET). Here is an overview of NRA CET 2021-2022:
|Exam Name||NRA CET|
|Full form||NRA Common Eligibility Test|
|Conducting body||National Recruitment Test|
|Level of exam||National level exam|
|Purpose of exam||Screening test to shortlist candidates for several central government jobs|
|Language of exam||Regional languages as per the 8th Schedule of the Constitution|
|When will the CET be implemented||Likely in 2022|
NRA CET Latest Updates
11 Sep, 2021: NRA CET 2021-2022 to take place early 2022. Ladakh to have 02 centres for the exam at Leh and Kargil.
Click here to check notice from PIB India.
07 July, 2021: Dr Jitendra Singh on July 07, 2021 has said that Common Eligibility Test will be conducted in early 2022.
21 September 2020: Press Information Bureau releases a notice announcing the National Recruitment Agency (NRA). Also, the expected date for NRA CET was announced in September 2021.
02 December 2019: In a public notice, the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions proposed the idea to set up a recruitment agency to organize the Common Eligibility Test. The CET will act as a screening test to shortlist candidates for the domain-specific recruitment exam.
All About NRA CET 2021
The concert of CET may not be alien to students as it has been proposed 02 years ago and the rumours of the same getting implemented have been circulating for the past year. However, the majority of the students are unaware of the concept of the Common Eligibility Test (CET). Here, in this section, we are discussing every aspect and insight of the NRA CET Exam 2021.
- NRA CET will act as the screening test. The final selection for the vacant posts will be based on the decision announced by the “domain specific examinations/tests to be conducted by respective agencies viz. SSC, RRBs and IBPS”.
- The CET will help shortlist candidates for the appointment to Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted posts, certain Group ‘B’ Gazetted posts, Group ‘C’ posts in the Government posts.
- CET will take place twice every year.
- To start with, NRA will organise CET for the recruitments made by three agencies – Staff Selection Commission, Institute of Banking Personnel Selection and Railway Recruitment Board.
- This exam is the first level to shortlist candidates.
- CET scores will remain valid for 03 years from the declaration of results.
- The test scores can also be used by private sectors for the appointment.
- There will be no restriction in the number of attempts.
Advantages of CET
Here we have enlisted some of the advantages that the introduction of CET will have.
- NRA CET will help to remove the hassle of appearing in multiple examinations.
- This single examination will also ease the financial burden that application for multiple exams has.
- Common eligibility Test will be organized in every district. Hence, it will be helpful to save some travelling time.
- Examination in the same district will also encourage women candidates to apply for government jobs.
- Only one registration portal will be required. Aspirants will be required to register only at a single registration portal.
- Helps to bring standardization in exam pattern.
NRA CET Eligibility
Here are the detailed eligibility criteria for NRA CET.
Educational Qualification – There will be separate CETs for graduate level, 12th pass and 10th pass level. Hence students applying for CET should have minimum qualifications while applying. This means that candidates applying for graduate/ 12th/10th posts must have completed graduation/ passed 12th/ passed 10th respectively to be eligible for the advertised posts.
Age Limit – There will be an upper age limit. However, the age limit will differ from post to post.
NRA CET 2021-2022 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
As of now, no new notification or update has been released by the official body. However, through the PIB report shared last year, one can derive that the examination will take place in 12 major languages that are included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution. NRA would identify language experts to translate the question paper into suitable languages.
National Recruitment Agency (NRA) will be the organising body of the Common Eligibility Test. It will be registered under the Societies Registration Act. It will be headed by the chairman of the rank of Secretary of the Govt. of India. The Government has sanctioned a total budget of Rs. 1517.57/– crore to set up the recruitment agency.
Ans. It was earlier announced that NRA CET will take place in September 2021. However, due to COVID-19 restrictions, the schedule is now postponed to early 2022.
Ans. NRA will advertise posts separately for graduate, 12th and 10th level. So, aspirants need to fulfil the minimum criteria of the post.
Ans. It is expected that NRA CET syllabus will include topics such as General Reasoning and Intelligence, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and Language.