NTPC Recruitment 2019-2020: The vacancies are notified by National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) on the career portal i.e. ntpccareers.net. The selection process for recruitment is of 2 ways i.e. one is the direct recruitment by accepting the national level qualification tests such as GATE, civil service exams and the other is through the computer-based test, GD/personal interview and relevant skill tests. The candidates who are eligible for recruitment can fill the application form. The education qualification of the candidate must be recognized by BTE/AICTE/NCVT/SCVT or other appropriate authorities. There is no application fee to be paid by the candidate. The application form is accepted online only. The official website of NTPC is ntpc.co.in.
Latest: The application form for Engineer at E2 Grade and ITI & Diploma trainees are available now.
NTPC Recruitment 2019-2020
NTPC Recruitment 2019-2020 is notified by NTPC on the official career portal. National Thermal Power Corporation currently has an installed capacity of 55,786 MW. The corporation was recognized for “Laureate” in “Top 50 Best Companies to Work for in India” for 11 years in economic times. It was given the status of “Navratna” and then in 2012, “Maharatna” status was given to the corporation for its consistent growth. Following is the schedule of relevant posts and links of NTPC Recruitment 2019-2020:
|Advt Date||Name of Post||Link|
|6 Aug 2019||Engineers at E2 grade||Click Here|
|1 Aug 2019||ITI & Diploma Trainees||Click Here|
|9 Jul 2019||Head of IT, Head of Law, Head of Security & Coordination, Head of Mine Safety||Click Here|
|11 Jun 2019||Engineering Executive Trainees 2019 through GATE 2019||Click Here|
|11 Jun 2019||Energy Economist, Executive (SAP-ABAP/BASIS) and |
Executive (Web Application/ Mobile App Developers)
|11 Jun 2019||ET(Finance), Asst Chemist Trainees (ACT), |
Medical Officer/Specialist and Engagement of Associate (Accounts)
|11 Jun 2019||Diploma Trainee-2018 for SRHQ||Click Here|
|11 Jun 2019||Executive Trainees in HR through Civil Services Examination 2018||Click Here|
|11 Jun 2019||Executive (Business Development, Marketing, Operations & Renewables) and|
Executive (Finance) in NVVN
National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) is India’s largest power utility with an installed capacity of 55,786 MW. It is a public sector undertaking engaged in the electric power generation business and related activities. The corporation was established in the year 1975 to increase power development in India.
NTPC has strengthened its core business of electricity production by investing in coal mining. It has also undertaken many other fields such as consultancy, power trading, training of power professionals, rural electrification, ash utilization, and coal mining as well. In 2019, NTPC was also recognized as “Laureate” for consistently ranking among. The company is considered best among PSUs and manufacturing companies.
How to Get Selected in NTPC?
There are 2 types of recruitment process for NTPC 2019 which are:
- Through Competitive exam result: NTPC accepts result score card for the process of recruitment of national level competitive exams for vacancies available. The competitive exams for which score card is accepted for recruitment process 2019 are : GATE and civil service exam. NTPC then shortlists name od candidates for Personal Interview and GD round.
- Through Computer Based Test: Other vacancies are filled through computer based test which are conducted online. The result of the test is the eligibility criteria for next level of recruitment. The next level of recruitment may consist of GD/personal interview and skill based tests as per the requirements of the posts.
History of NTPC
NTPC was established on November 7, 1975, to improve the power development of India. On March 19, 1976, Mr. D.V. Kapur was appointed as the first Chairman & Managing Director of NTPC. Back then, its authorized capital was Rs. 125 crore. In this year, the Government of India also announced NTPC’s first pithead Super thermal power project at Singrauli in Uttar Pradesh. In 1982, the first-ever education center for electric power production was established which was Power Management Institute, Delhi.
In 1984, the first transmission line based on HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current) technology was laid by the commission for power transmission from Rihand to Delhi. The public sector undertaking was then given the status of “Navratna” of India. In 2000, NTPC commenced construction of its first hydro-electric power project of 800MW capacity in Himachal Pradesh, India. And after 4 years the corporation became a listed company. Now, NTPC has achieved a gross generation of 265.80 BUs. It became a “Maharatna” in the year 2010.
Subsidiaries of NTPC
NTPC has 6 subsidiaries in total which are:
- NTPC Electric Supply Company Ltd. (NESCL): NESCL was the first subsidiary of NTPC formed on August 21, 2002. The company was set up to take up consultancy and other assignments in the area of Electrical Distribution Management System. NESCL has also taken up the responsibility of implementing rural electrification works under the Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana (RGGVY).
- NTPC Vidyut Vyapar Nigam Ltd. (NVVN): NVVN is a wholly-owned subsidiary that acts as the nodal agency for Phase I of the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM). It was incorporated in the year 2002.
- Kanti Bijlee Utpadan Nigam Limited (formerly known as Vaishali Power Generating Company Limited): Vaishali Power Generatin Company Ltd. was formed to take over Muzzafarpur Thermal Power Station. The company is formed with 51% equity shares of NTPC and rest of the shares of Bihar State Electricity Board.
- Bharatiya Rail Bijlee Company Limited (BRBCL): BRBCL subsidiary was incorporated on November 22, 2007. The equity of the subsidiary is owned in a ratio of 74:26 equity contribution from NTPC and Ministry of Railways, Govt. of India respectively. 90% of power from its project is supplied to railways.
- Patratu Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (PVUNL): The equity contribution of the company is 75% taken up by NTPC and 25% equity by JBVNL. The company was incorporated in the year 2015 to acquire, establish, operate, maintain, revive, refurbish, renovate and modernize the performing existing units and further expand the capacity of Patratu Thermal Power Station, District Ramgarh
- Nabinagar Power Generating Co. Ltd.: This company was incorporated on September 9, 2008 as a private limited company with Bihar State Power Generation Company Ltd. But, when BSPGCL sold the company’s share to NTPC, it became a wholly-owned subsidiary of NTPC on June 29, 2018 and “private” word was removed from its name.
Following is the list of joint ventures of NTPC:
- NTPC-SAIL Power Company (Pvt.) Ltd. (NSPCL)
- NTPC Tamil Nadu Energy Company Ltd.
- Aravali Power Company Pvt. Ltd.
- MEJA urja Nigam Pvt. Ltd.
- Ratnagiri Gas & Power Pvt. Ltd.
- NTPC GE Power Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Utility Power Tech Ltd.
- National Hiigh Power Laboratory Pvt. Ltd.
- NTPC-SCCL Global Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
- NTPC BHEL Power Project Pvt. Ltd.
- BF NTPC Energy system Ltd.
- NTPC TELK
- NTPC Energy Efficiency Services Ltd.
- CIL-NTPC Urja Pvt. Ltd.
- Anushakti Vidhyut Nigam Ltd.
- PAN-Asian Renewable Pvt. Ltd.
- Trincomalee Power company Ltd.
- Bangladesh India Friendship Company Pvt. Ltd.
- Hindustan Urvarak & Rasayan Ltd.
Following are the awards given to NTPC for its performances:
- Awarded by CBIP as Best Performing Power Utility
- Runner-up in AIMA YMSC
- Rank in Forbes
- Felicitated at the economic times’ 5th Annual Summit as “Power Focus”
- First Prize at 7th Coal Summit & Expo
- Awarded for excellence in power generation
- India pride award for NTPC
- ATD Award 2018 at Global Award Second in succession
- Great place to work award in 2015
- Platts Ascender of the decade award
- Awarded as the Wolrd Class Indian Maharatna PSE of the year
- 3rd best company reward recognition- 2015
- BT-start Award 2013
- Forbes’ Global 2000 list of top listed firms
- Jury Award to NTPC at PSU awards 2013
Recognitions (Performance Awards)
Following are some of the performance awards and recognitions of NTPC:
- Got Best Performance Award for PSUs on Central Public Procurement Portal
- Wins ISTD National Award for Innovative Training Practices
- Innovation award for Simhadri
- ANTA Awarded “Diamond Trophy” For ODF/CSR initiatives
- Golden Peacock Award on energy Efficiency
- Awarded for Financial Excellence
- Gold Award for NTP Vidhyanchal
- Topliner Maharatna Award
The consultancy wing of NTPC was established to provide solutions and consultancy services for domestic and international clients in different phases of the power plants. NTPC’s consultancy wing is registered as a consultant for many leading international development and financial institutions such as The World Bank, The Asian Development Bank, The African Development Bank, and United Nations Development Programme. The wing offers consultancy services for the following infrastructure sector business:
- Fossil fuel-based thermal power plants
- Combined cycle power plants
- Cogeneration plants
- Water supply and treatment
- Environment engineering and management
NETRA is also called NTPC Energy Technology Research Alliance was set up in 2009 to adapt with new technologies and generate new technolgies. The core activities concerned with NETRA are climate change, waste management, carbon capture and Utilization, new & renewable energy, efficiency improvement and cost reduction as well as providing scientific support to NTPC. NETRA has expanded its horizon and collaborated with many national and international institutions such as MIDHANI, TERI, IIT etc.
Job Prospects with NTPC
National Thermal Power Corporation Limited has a career section on its official website in which all the recruitment related to the company is updated. It recruits various eligible candidates to the posts such as Executive Trainee in Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Civil, Director post, special recruitments etc. All these recruitments are done on the basis of examination/ tests and interview whichever is applicable. The company also recruits the candidates on the basis of GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) score. Candidates who score better in this engineering examination have better job opportunities with NTPC. It recruits various candidates for the engineer position in the company in accordance with the GATE score. Further, the selection is done according to the company’s norms.
NTPC Recruitment Through GATEPSU Recruitment