SSC CHSL 2021 – The admit card for SSC CHSL 2021 exam is now available. The Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Tier 1 exam shall start from April 12, 2021 and will take place up to April 27, 2021. Candidates who have opted for West Bengal as test centres will appear for SSC CHSL exam on May 21 and 22, 2021. Staff Selection Commission has released the notification for SSC CHSL 2021. The SSC CHSL 2021 notification is available on at ssc.nic.in. Keep reading to know more about SSC CHSL 2021.
SSC CHSL 2021
The examination for SSC CHSL is conducted for recurring candidates for the data entry operator, postal assistants, lower division clerks and others. Check out the important dates for SSC CHSL 2021 below.
|Release date of notification||06 Nov 2020|
|Start date of application form||06 Nov 2020|
|Last date to apply|
19 Dec 220
26 Dec 2020
|Last date for online fee payment|
21 Dec 2020
28 Dec 2020
|Last date for generation of offline Challan|
23 Dec 2020
30 Dec 2020
|Last date for payment through Challan|
(during working hours of Bank)
24 Dec 2020
01 Jan 2021
|Admit Card release date||27 Mar 2021 onwards|
|SSC CHSL Exam Date||12 Apr 2021 to 27 Apr 2021|
21 and 25 May 2021 (for West Bengal centre students)
|Answer Key Release||To be announced|
|Result Declaration||To be announced|
SSC CHSL 2021 Exam Notice
The SSC CHSL 2021 exam is scheduled to take place between April 12 to 27, 2021. However, candidates opt for the examination centre in West Bengal, the examination will be held from may 21 and 25 May 2021. Check official tweet from below.
SSC CHSL 2021 Admit Card
The call letters for SSC CHSl 2021 are released online at ssc.nic.in. Aspirants who are appearing for the examination can login and download their admit card from the respective regional websites. Know more about SSC CHSL 2021 admit card here:
- The admit card for SSC CHSL exam is released through login.
- Candidates can use their registration number/ application number and password/ date of birth to login.
- It is important to note that each regional website releases the SSC CHSL admit card on their separate websites.
- Aspirants have to carry the following documents to the exam centre –
- Printout of SSC CHSL Admit Card 2020
- 2 passport size photographs
- Original valid photo ID proof – Aadhaar card/printout of e-aadhaar, Voter ID Card, Voter ID Card, PAN Card, School or College ID Card, Passport, Employer ID Card
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2021
In this section, we are discussing the SSC CHSL 2021 syllabus. As of now, only Paper-1 (Tier-1) syllabus is provided in this section.
General Intelligence (Verbal, Non-Verbal)
- Coding and decoding
- Critical Thinking
- Drawing inferences
- Figural Classification
- Embedded figures
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion
- Figural Series
- Emotional Intelligence
- Figural Analogy
- Number Series
- Numerical operations.
- Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding
- Problem Solving
- Symbolic/Number Classification
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic operations
- Semantic Classification
- Social Intelligence
- Semantic Series
- Space Orientation
- Symbolic/Number Analogy
- Venn Diagrams
- Word Building
- Active / Passive Voice of Verbs
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension Passage
- Conversion into Direct / Indirect narration
- Fill in the Blanks
- Idioms & Phrases
- Improvement of Sentences
- One word substitution
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Spellings / Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Spot the Error
- Synonyms / Homonyms
- Fundamental arithmetical operations
- Number Systems
- Statistical Charts
- General awareness of the environment around oneself and its application to society
- Knowledge of current events
- Matters of everyday experience and observation in their scientific aspects
- History, economic scene, culture, geography, general policy, scientific research of India and its neighbouring countries
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
Now that candidates know the syllabus for CHSL exam, they must know the exam pattern as well. So, check out the SSC CHSL exam pattern below:
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern – Tier 1
- Mode of exam: Computer-based examination
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Maximum marks: 200 marks
- Types of questions: Objective (multiple choice questions)
- Language: English & Hindi except for English language section
- Negative marking: There will be a negative marking of 0.5 marks for every wrong answer.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern – Tier 2
- Mode of exam: Pen and Paper based
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Maximum marks: 100 marks
- Types of questions: Descriptive paper.
|Type of question||Words|
|Essay writing||200 – 250 words|
|Letter / Application Writing||150 – 200 words|
Note: Aspirants have to attempt the Tier-2 paper in Hindi or English Language.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern – Tier 3
|Skill Test for DEO||Data entry speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on the computer|
|Typing Test for PA/SA, LDC, Court Clerk||35 WPM for English, 30 WPM for Hindi|
SSC CHSL 2021 Latest News
Revised Exam Date
Application form Notice
Staff Selection Commission has recently released an important notice. In this notice, SSC has asked eligible candidates to submit their online application much before the last date which is December 15, 2020. Check the notice below.
SSC CHSL 2021 Notification
The notification r for SSC CHSL 2021 session is now available. As per the official notification, the SSC CHSL exam is scheduled to take place from April 12, 2021 to April 27, 2021. Download and view SSC CHSL 2021 notification from below.
Posts Offered Under SSC CHSL 2021
Aspirants applying for SSC CHSL exam must know the posts that are available under the examination. So, here is the list of posts that SSC Officers under CHSL exam.
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)
- Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)
- Postal Assistant (PA)
- Sorting Assistant (SA)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO)
- Data Entry Operator Grade A
SSC CHSL 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Check out the eligibility criteria for SSC CHSL exam below:
- Only Indian nationals are invited to submit applications for CHSL exam.
- LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG) – Candidates must have passed 12th class.
- Data Entry Operator (DEO Grade ‘A’) – Aspirants must have passed 12th class with Mathematics Science Stream.
- Minimum age limit: 18 years
- Maximum age limit: 27 years
|Category||Age Relaxation Permissible|
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (ExS)||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees (SC/ ST) with |
3 years regular and continuous service
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees (SC/ ST) with|
3 years regular and continuous service
|Up to 45 years of age|
|Candidates who had ordinarily been in the State of |
Jammu & Kashmir from January 1980 to 31st December 1989.
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially |
separated and who are not remarried
|Up to 35 years of age|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially |
separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST)
|Up to 40 years of age|
|SC/ST category candidates who resided in |
Jammu and Kashmir from 1sty January 1980 to 31st December 1989
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation(SC/ ST).||8 years|
SSC CHSL Application Form 2021
Candidates who are eligible can submit their SSC CHSL application form 2021 by visiting the official website, ssc.nic.in. The complete application procedure can be summarized in two major steps – registration and form submission. Know the steps to submit SSC CHSL application form below:
- Browse the official website of SSC, ssc.nic.in.
- Click on the new user button present on the right side of the screen to start SSC CHSL registration.
- On successful registration, a username which is the registration number and SSC registration password are generated. Use these details to log in and submit the form successfully.
- Thereafter, aspirants have to pay the CHSL application fee.
|General Category||Rs. 100/-|
|SC / ST/ ESM/ Women||Exempted|
Mode of Payment
- SBI Challan
- BHIM UPI
- Net Banking
- RuPay Credit or Debit cards
SSC CHSL Selection Procedure
The selection of candidates for SSC CHSL is conducted in three stages – Tier-1, Tier-2 and Tier-3. Candidates have to qualify each stage to get appointed for the posts under SSC CHSL. Know more about the SSC CHSL selection procedure below.
- Tier-1: The first stage of the selection process of Tier-1 which is an online examination. Candidates have to appear for a CBT examination and secure the qualifying marks to appear for Tier-II exam.
- Tier-2: The next stage is Tier-II which is an offline examination. In this level, candidates are asked descriptive type questions. Aspirants who secure 33% marks (Tier-I and Tier-II combined) are called for Tier-III.
- Tier-3: This is the last which is a skill test. SSC does not award marks in the skill test.
SSC CHSL Answer Key 2021
The answer key for SSC CHSL 2021 is published after the commencement of exam. Aspirants can download the answer key for their set from ssc.nic.in. Know more about SSC CHSL answer key here:
- Aspirants require login details to download their answer keys. They must keep the application number ready beforehand.
- Candidates can use the official answer key to estimate their score before the declaration of result.
- Moreover, SSC also gives candidates a chance to submit their representations against the published answer key.
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 100/- per question while challenging the SSC CHSL answer key.
SSC CHSL 2021 Result
The result for SSC CHSL is declared online at ssc.nic.in. For each stage, SSC releases separate result in PDF format. Candidates can check the result without result. A common merit list is released on the website which candidates can download. The final merit list is prepared based on the candidate’s performance in Tier-1 and Tier-II only.
- Total Tier-II marks Examination
- Date of birth- Candidate who is older is placed higher
- Alphabetical order- Aspirants are placed higher in merit list according to the English alphabet.
Staff Selection Commission is a recruitment organization that conducted various recruitment examination. some of the important exam that SSC conducts if SSC CHSL, SSC CHSL, SSC JE, etc. The Staff Selection Commission was set up under the Department of Personnel and Training. It consists of only Chairman, two Members, a Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations.
SSC CHSL 2021 FAQs
Ans 1. Candidates who have successfully passed 10+2 class are eligible to apply for SSC CHSL exam.
Ans 2. All the eligible candidates can submit their applications for SSC CHSL exam through ssc.nic.in.
Ans 3. The SSC CHSL exam is a three-tier exam. Candidates have to appear for Prelims, Mains followed by skill test.
Ans 4. There are no fixed number of attempts for SSC CHSL exam.