The SSC Scientific Assistant Exam Pattern 2022 is designed by the Staff Selection Commission. The question paper consists of two sections- Part-I and Part-II. Both of these papers are computer-based tests. Candidates have to score above the prescribed cut-off of their batch to pass this exam successfully and get recruited to their desired post. The SSC Scientific Assistant Exam Pattern 2022 is to be released through an official notification on 29th August 2022. Read this article to learn more details regarding the SSC Scientific Assistant Exam Pattern 2022.
SSC Scientific Assistant Exam Pattern 2022
Candidates can learn which subjects they have to prioritize while studying once they understand the exam pattern. We have provided the detailed exam pattern of the SSC Scientific Assistant 2022 in this article for the candidate’s convenience. The question paper consists of two parts, PartI and Part-II. The details regarding both the papers are as follows.
- Type of paper- Computer-based exam
- Subjects pd part I- General Awareness, Reasoning, English, Quantitative Aptitude
- Subjects of part II – Physics, Computer Science and IT, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
- Maximum marks- 100 marks for each part
- Maximum questions- 100 questions for each part
- Duration- 120 minutes (including both parts)
- Negative marking- 0.25 marks per wrong answer
Check out the paper-wise distribution of marks and topics below.
|Paper||Subject||No. of Questions|
|Part-I||General Intelligence & Reasoning|
English language & Comprehension
Computer Science & Information Technology
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
SSC Scientific Assistant Syllabus 2022
Once the candidates have checked the exam pattern of the examination, the next step is to understand the syllabus of the examination thoroughly. We have summarized the syllabus of the SSC Scientific Assistant 2022 for the candidates below.
- Part 1
- Reasoning- Observation, relationship concepts, discrimination, visual memory, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude- Profit and Loss, Hemispheres, Mixture and Alligation, Percentage, Histogram, etc.
- English Language- Comprehension, English Grammar, Vocabulary, Spellings, etc.
- General Awareness- Current events, freedom movement, Constitution of India, Basic topics of mathematics, History of India, etc.
- Part 2
- Physics- Atomic structure, Mechanics, Electricity and magnetism, Electronics, etc.
- Computer Science and Information Technology- File System, Operating systems, Fundamentals of programming, I/O System, Fundamentals of Geographical Information System (GIS), etc.
- Electronics & Telecommunication- Digital electronics, Single Side Band (SSB), Introduction of digital Communication, Introduction to Network Theorems, etc.
About the SSC Scientific Assistant Exam
Every year, the Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC Scientific Assistant exam to recruit eligible candidates for the Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post of Scientific Assistant in the Indian Meteorological Department. Candidates have to appear for two computer-based exams for this recruitment. The candidate’s rank on the merit list is determined by the candidate’s performance in both of these papers. The SSC Scientific Assistant recruitment is conducted only once a year. The Commission accepts applications for this recruitment through online mode.
Ans: Yes, the exam has a negative marking of 0.25 marks per wrong answer.
Ans: The SSC Scientific Assistant exam has two sections part I and part II
Ans: The SSC Scientific Assistant exam is conducted in a computer-based mode.