MEGA invites eligible candidates to fill the various posts like Station Controller / Train Operator, Customer Relations Assistant, Junior Engineer & Maintainer in the state of Ahmedabad against 606 vacancies. Eligible candidates may apply online from 30-03-2017 to 30-04-2017. MEGA various posts to be filled up on direct recruitment basis for a period of five years initially on contractual basis. All the candidates who are going to participate in the Ahmedabad Metro Recruitment 2017 process can check the complete information like application process, eligibility criteria, admit card details, selection process, etc through this page below.
About MEGA – Metro Link Express for Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad (MEGA) Co. Limited, a 50:50 Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) jointly owned by Government of India and Government of Gujarat is entrusted with the responsibility of implementation of Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project Phase 1.
Latest – Result of Online Exam has been declared. Check on “Result” page link.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
Ahmedabad Metro Recruitment 2017
Total No. of vacancies – 606 Posts
|Name of Posts (with Post code)||Gen||SEBC/OBC||ST||SC||Total|
|Station Controller & Train Operator (SC/TO)||145||76||42||20||283|
|Customer Relations Assistant (CRA)||16||8||5||2||31|
|Junior Engineer (JE)||50||27||15||7||99|
- For Maintainer Post – Between 18 years to 25 years
- For All other posts – Between 18 years to 28 years
Educational Qualification – Diploma in Engineering, Science Graduate & SSLC pass with ITI are eligible to apply.
Selection Process – Candidates who are appearing in the Ahmedabad Metro Recruitment 2017 will be selected on the basis of Gujarati Language Test, Online Test & Personal Interview.
- General / UR – Rs. 600/-
- SEBC / OBC – Rs. 300/-
- SC / ST – Rs. 150/-
How to Apply – Candidates who are eligible have to fill their Application Form online from the official website of MEGA.
|Online registration will start on||30 Mar 2017|
|Last date for registration of online applications||30 Apr 2017|
|Payment of online application fee||30 Mar to 30 Apr 2017|
|Date of Online Test||01, 02, 03 Jul 2017|
|Declartion of Result||05 Aug 2017|
Ahmedabad Metro Recruitment 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- For Station Controller/Train Operator : #Diploma in Engineering in Mechanical / Electrical / Computer Science or Electronic discipline from a Government Recognized University / Institute
- For Customer Relations Assistant : Science Graduate in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics discipline from a Government Recognized University / Institute.
- For Junior Engineer : #Diploma in Engineering in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Civil from a Government Recognized University / Institute.
- For Maintainer : SSLC pass with ITI (Two Years) in Fitter / Electrician / Electronics from a Government Recognized University / Institute.
Minimum qualification is already mentioned above. However, candidates appearing for final year exams of diploma / degree / ITI can also apply for the suitable posts for which they fulfill minimum qualification. Such candidates will be admitted to the examination and has to produce the Original Marksheet at the time of Interview, failing which they will be disqualified for appearing in the interview.
- # Candidates also along with higher qualification in respective disciplines can also apply.
- **All vacancies are provisional and subject to increase / decrease.
The positions advertised above are for technical posts and will not be available for persons with disability.
Candidates cannot apply for more than one post.
Candidates after selection are likely to be posted at Ahmedabad / Gandhinagar or any other projects of MEGA, anywhere in Gujarat
Reservations Rules shall be followed as per regulations of Government of Gujarat.
Ahmedabad Metro Recruitment 2017 Exam Pattern
Duration of the test will be 135 minutes (2 hours 15 minutes) for all parts together.
For Station Controller / Train Operator (SC / TO), Customer Relations Assistant (CRA) & Junior Engineer :
The test will consist of two parts, Part-1 (90 minutes, 120 questions) and Part-2 (45 minutes, 60 questions):
Part-1: Gujarati language (20 questions), Logical ability & Reasoning (50 questions) and Quantitative aptitude (50 questions).
Part-2: General English (10 questions) and Technical Knowledge (50 questions).
For Maintainers (MTNR):
Duration of the test will be 120 minutes (2 hours).
The test will consist of one part (105 questions):
Part-1: Technical Knowledge (50 questions), Gujarati language (20 questions), Logical ability & Reasoning (20 questions), Quantitative aptitude (5 questions) and General English (10 questions).
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate; ‘one fourth’ of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e., no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
Cut off score
Each test/part will have a minimum passing/cutoff score as well as on the total score as decided by MEGA.
Ahmedabad Metro Recruitment 2017 Selection Process
Online test for the eligible candidate who meet the educational qualification and other criteria mentioned above:
- Gujarati Language test : 20 marks
- Online Test : 160 marks
- Personal Interview : 20 marks (those who qualify in the online test only are eligible)
Securing minimum score (General category candidates 60 percent marks and for reservation category (SC/ST / OBC) candidates 50 percent marks) in the test of Gujarati language shall only be considered for selection. The marks in Gujarati language will not be considered for merit listing.
- As the applications are to be processed by a Computerized System, it is essential that the application should be filled in properly and completely.
- Before applying, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility and other norms mentioned in this notification. MEGA Co. would be free to reject any application at any stage of the recruitment process, if the candidate is found ineligible for the post. The decision of MEGA shall be final on qualification and other eligibility norms.
- Candidates should ensure that the photographs and signatures appended by them in all the places, viz., uploaded in online application, call letter, attendance sheet, etc., and in all correspondence with MEGA Co., in future, should be identical and there should be no variation of any kind.
- Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn.
- Candidates need not submit/send at any address, application printouts or any certificates or copies thereof at the time of online application. Their candidature will be considered on the strength of the information declared in the application.
- MEGA Co. shall not entertain requests from the candidates seeking advice about their eligibility to apply.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to show originals and submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of interview.
- Candidates belonging to ‘Non Creamy Layer ‘ are eligible to apply under OBC Category. The OBC candidates who belong to ‘Creamy Layer’ are not entitled to apply under OBC Category. They should indicate their category as general.
- Candidates cannot apply for more than one post.
- Candidates already in employment in Govt./PSU should produce ‘no objection certificate’ from their employer, at the time of interview, in the absence of which their candidature will not be considered.
- Only candidate willing to serve anywhere in Gujarat should apply.
- No Candidate is permitted to use calculator, Mobiles, papers or any other such instruments during the examination. The candidates will appear for the online examination/interview at the allotted centers at their own expenses and risks and MEGA Co. will not be responsible for any injury/loss etc. of any nature.