Assam Forest Department Recruitment 2017 has been announced by Department of Environment and Forest (DEF), Assam. Total 710 vacancies has been notified under the recruitment. These are for the post of Junior Assistant, Forest Guard, Draftsman, Surveyor, Carpenter, Electric Mistry.
The details about the vacancies, pay scale, application process, eligibility, etc of Assam Forest Department 2017 Recruitment are given below.
About Forest Department of Assam
The Forest Department of Assam is responsible for looking after and cherishing rare flora and fauna in the state. The Department also looks after the Luxuriant Rain Forests of Assam. Now, the Department is seeking candidates with zeal to restoring the gift of nature.
Latest: A decision was taken on 9th July, 2017, the Written Test that was held at the
College of Veterinary Science, Khanapara (Centre Code No. 1907), for recruitment to the post of Junior Assistant (Directorate/Divisional Level) stands cancelled. Therefore, all the registered candidates who had appeared for the written test at the above said centre are directed to appear in the written re-test on Sunday, the 6th of August, 2017 from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. (Notified here)
Admit Card is now available to download.
Previous Notification – Notice Regarding Cancellation of the Written Test at the College of Veterinary Science, Khanapara, Guwahati, for Recruitment to the vacant posts of Junior Assistant (Directorate/Divisional level), Click here.
Assam Forest Department Recruitment 2017
Let’s start with the salient features about the recruitment:
- Conducting Body: DEF
- Recruitment for: Assam Forest Department
- Number of Post: 710
- Pay Scale: Rs. 5200 – to Rs. 20200 for all post but Rs. Rs. 4560 to Rs. 15000 for the post of Electric Mistry
Important Dates to be Remembered
All the dates about the recruitment are yet to be announced.
|Last Date for Registration||31 Jan 2017|
|Date of Examination||09 Jul 2017|
|Date of Declaration of Result||–|
Total Vacancy Details
The break down of the total post is as below:
- Junior Assistant (Divisional Level): 84 posts
- Junior Assistant (Directorate Level): 67 posts
- Forest Guard: 525 posts
- Draftsman (GIS Expert): 07 posts
- Surveyor (GIS Analysist): 25 posts
- Carpenter: 01 post
- Electric Mistry: 01 post
|Admit Card||Click Here|
Eligibility Criteria of Recruitment
The eligibility criteria to be fulfilled by the candidates is as below.
Age Limit: Candidates Age should have Between 18 years to 38 years as on 01/01/2016. (Relaxation in age for SC/ST/OBC candidates as per Govt guidelines).
For Junior Assistant:
- Graduate Degree from a recognized university.
- Candidate must have Certificate/Diploma of 6 month in Computer Application.
For Forest Guard:
- Higher Secondary and must pass the physical standard test.
Draftsman (GIS Expert):
- Post Graduate Degree in Geo-Science/Geo-Informatics /MCA and should have 04 years working experience in GIS domain.
Surveyor (GIS Analysts):
- Graduate in Science/ Geography/Remote Sensing/Computer Science / Geo-Informatics/Geology /Environmental Science and should have 2 years experience working in GIS concerned Server and Desktop.
For Carpenter & Electric Mistry:
- H.S.L.C pass and must be a Trade Certificate/License Holder
The application process for the recruitment has ended. However, the interested candidates may check the form submitting process from below:
Application Fee Details
- General Category Applicants – Rs. 250/-
- SC/ST/OBC/MOBC Category Aspirants – Rs. 150/-
- No fees for BPL Certificate holders
The fee was to be paid through online banking in the Account of “Assam State Biodiversity Board”, Ganeshguri, Guwahati Branch, SBI S/B A/c No. 32007181470, with IFSC: SBIN0004134.
How to Apply?
Candidates could apply online or offline. The process is as below:
Online Mode: All eligible and interested candidates were required to apply by visit the official website, www.assamforest.in. The candidates were required to register and then submit the personal, educational and other details.
Offline Mode: To apply offline, the candidates required to submit the application form along with relevant certificates to the address below:
- Office of the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests and Head of Forest Force, Assam, Aranya Bhawan, Panjabari, Guwahati – 781037 on or before 31/01/2017.
Issuance of Admit Card
The Assam Forest Department Recruitment admit card will be issued soon. It will be released for those candidates, who submitted the application form and fee in prescribed format. The admit card will contain details about the candidates, exam center and the timing of the examination.
All the candidates who have submitted their Application form for Assam Forest Department Recruitment 2017 have to clear the below stage for final selection.
- Written Examination for Skill
- Physical Test
Candidates who have filled Application form before the last date have to qualified in the above mention stages. These stages are mandatory to qualify. Candidates who are not able to attend or fail in the test are directly disqualifying from the selection process.
After the selection process, the chosen Aspirants can work for Forest Department of Assam.
Pay Scale under Assam Forest Recruitment
For all the posy except Electric Mistry, the pay scale will be as below:
- Rs. 5200/- to Rs. 20200/- with grade Pay of Rs.2400/- per month
For the post of Electric Mistry, the pay band is:
- Rs. 4560/- to Rs. 15000/- with grade Pay of Rs. 1800/- per month