DRDO MTS Syllabus 2020 – The Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) is conducting the examination for multi tasking staff (MTS) 2020. A computer-based examination is organized for DRDO MTS 2020. Candidates have to attempt 100 questions in 90 minutes in both tier-I and tier-II respectively. Aspirants have to secure a minimum of 40% marks in tier I to qualify for tier-II. To score qualifying marks, applicants need accurate syllabus and exam pattern. Read the complete article for information related to DRDO MTS syllabus 2020.
DRDO MTS Syllabus 2020
The syllabus for DRDO MTS 2020 is not available officially. The syllabus provided below is created by taking reference from youtube and other websites. Candidate can start their preparation but are advised to check the official website regularly for DRDO MTS 2020 syllabus.
- General intelligence and reasoning: Arithmetical number series, similarity and difference, problem-solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, space visualisation, relationship concept, figure classification, non-verbal series, symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation, etc.
- General awareness: Questions based on the environment around us, current events, India and its neighbouring countries, History and culture, Geography, Polity, Indian constitution, etc.
- Quantitative aptitude and numerical ability: Number system, decimals and fractions, computation of whole numbers, relationship between numbers, fundamental arithmetical operations, percentages, averages, ratio and proportion, simple and compound interest, profit and loss, table sand graphs, mensuration, time and distance, ratio and time, time and work, etc.
- General Science – Questions based on Physics, chemistry and biology.
- General Mathematics – Percentage, ratio and proportion, fundamental arithmetic operations, simple interest, discount, partnership, time and work, time and distance, mensuration and other related topics.
- General English – Synonyms, antonyms, grammar, sentence error, sentence correction, fill in the blanks, cloze test, comprehension, etc.
DRDO MTS Exam Pattern 2020
Now that candidates know about the syllabus for both Tier-I and Tier-II, they can start their preparation with the examination pattern. It will help applicants to efficiently prepare for the DRDO MTS recruitment 2020.
- Mode of examination: Examination for Tier I and Tier II is conducted in online mode (Computer based test).
- Duration of examination: Examination is conducted for 90 minutes for both tier-I and tier-II.
- Language of the question paper: DRDO MTS exam is conducted in both Hindi and English language.
- Types of questions: Objective type questions (multiple choice questions) are asked in tier I and tier-II.
- Total number of questions: 100 questions asked in both the tiers of examination.
- Maximum marks: 100 marks for DRDO MTS exam both tiers.
- Section of the question paper: There will be 3 sections in tier-I and tier-II.
- Marking scheme:
- For correct answers, +1 mark.
- For an incorrect answer, there is no negative marking.
- Distribution of question:
|Sections||Total questions||Maximum marks|
|General intelligence and reasoning ability||35||35|
|Quantitative aptitude and numerical ability||35||35|
|Section||Total questions||Maximum marks|
Preparation Books for DRDO MTS 2020
There are several books published by different coaching institutes, aspirants are usually confused which one to refer. We are providing here with some of the important and significant books which will help candidates in their preparation for DRDO MTS 2020.
|Books’ Name||Buy here|
|Department of posts – multi-tasking staff (MTS) recruitment exam guide||Click here to buy|
|Lucent’s General knowledge||Click here to buy|
|Lucent’s General Science||Click here to buy|
|English for general competitions||Click here to buy|
|Rakesh Yadav’s class notes for mathematics||Click here to buy|
About DRDO MTS
The examination conducted by Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) is organised for the post of Multi-tasking staff (MTS) for group-C. Candidates must have cleared ITI or 10th to apply for DRDO MTS. Applicants have to take the two-tier examination for the selection – Tier-I (screening test) and tier-II (selection). The final selection is based on tier-II performance of candidates.