Goa SSC Recruitment 2021: Government of Goa declared the formation of the Goa Staff Selection Commission under the provisions of the Goa Staff Selection Commission Act 2019 (Goa Act 11 of 2019). Goa SSC is headed by the chairperson as well as two members. Goa SSC Recruitment is about all Group ‘C’ recruitments for government departments of Goa. As per vacancies notified by heads of respective government departments, the Commission is entrusted to plan, notify, conduct, and conclude recruitment events and accordingly appoint selected candidates to advertised posts. Follow this page to get the latest updates of all recruitment events, public notices, and other important advertisements related to Goa SSC Recruitment.
Goa SSC Recruitment 2021
As per official orders issued by the state government of Goa, any recruitment, for Group C posts of the state government departments must be carried out only through the GOA SSC. Such departments cannot directly advertise for recruitment. As such, the GOA SSC is entrusted to release notifications for recruitment into various state government departments through the official website.
Key Roles & Responsibilities of Goa SSC
Some of the obvious roles and responsibilities of the Goa SSC are enlisted here.
- The Commission is responsible for conducting all the examinations and selecting the candidates for various Group C subordinate posts and services.
- The commission will perform the duties and functions as notified by the government.
- Departmental examinations will be conducted by the Commission and it will advise the government on other matters as and when necessary.
- The commission will ensure that the candidates are appointed through transparent procedures. Appointed candidates should have a clean record with no indulgence in any acts that goes against the common civil and criminal laws of the nation.
- Commission has to advise on recruitment methods or any other matters that are related to the sub-ordinate posts and services, as referred by the department of the government.
- The government has the right to define which cases do not need the consultation of the Commission.
- If there is a difference in the opinion of the government department and the Commission, then such cases will be resolved by the government.
How to Apply For Goa SSC Recruitment 2021?
One must always abide with the minimum eligibility conditions to apply for any recruitment event conducted by the Goa Staff Selection Commission. Conventionally, the detailed eligibility conditions vary from post to post. Hence, candidates are advised to check from relevant information brochure/notification about the applicable eligibility conditions before applying. Check out the process to apply for Goa SSC recruitment below.
Online application process
The Commission notifies when the candidates are required to apply online for a particular recruitment event. Online recruitment events are conducted through the official website i.e. gbshse.gov.in. Follow the simple steps below to apply online for Goa SSC recruitments.
Step 1: Go to the official website using a web browser.
Step 2: Now look for the online application link for the relevant recruitment event.
Step 3: Now, register using an email and phone number to generate registration number/username and password.
Step 4: If required, login with the credentials generated or simply fill up the application form.
Step 5: If specified, deposit the application fee and upload specified documents.
Step 6: Review the information furnished in the application form before making the final submission.
Offline application process
Although most recruitment events are notified and their applications are received online only, there might be some instances where applicants may need to apply through offline modes. In most offline applications, candidates are required to send hard copies of supporting documents enclosed with the application.
Goa SSC Recruitment 2021 Fee
Candidates applying for Goa SSC has to pay a specific fee, as defined by the Commission. Candidates belonging to SC/ST category has to pay only 25% of the total fee and OBC candidates have to pay 50% of the total.
|SC/ST||25% of total fee|
|OBC||50% of total fee|
Admit Card for Goa SSC Recruitment 2021
As per different recruitment examinations and selection tests notified for Goa SSC recruitment, admit card is released at the official website. It is mandatory for one to have a valid and duly issued admit card to appear for the relevant examination/event of Goa SSC recruitment. Conventionally, it is not sent by the Commission by post but the candidates have to download them manually from the website only. Furthermore, one must note that it should be printed after downloading and carried to the exam hall on the exam day. Candidates are also advised to carry along a photo identity proof along with the admit card.
Selection Process of Goa SSC
In general, the Goa SSC notifies the details of the selection process in particular recruitment through the official advertisement. However, a more or less similar pattern of selection conducted for recruitment of personnel in similar posts. Goa SSC therefore conducts evaluation examination for the shortlisting of applicants for selection. Where the number of candidates who are expected to apply for an event is large, the Commission can stage the exam in different phases to sort the qualifiers and arrive at the stage where the number of candidates are small enough to be selected through direct interviews.
Goa SSC Recruitment 2021 Result
The Commission publishes the result through the official website after the conduct of recruitment examinations. The results are released to notify the applicants about the status of selection in recruitment. Those who are selected, are shortlisted in the result. It is released in the form of a merit list of qualifying candidates.
Members of Goa SSC
The Act specifies that the chairperson leading the commission will either be the retired or serving officer of Indian Administrative Services, who has drawn or drawing the pay scale not less than the super-time scale. Officer retired from the Goa Civil Service, or from the semi-government organisation or the institution aided by the government, whose last drawn pay scale is not less than the pay scale of selection grade officer, can also apply.
Two memebers other than the chairperson should be either retired or serving government officers, or someone who is working with the semi-government organisation or with the institutes aided by the government. These two members should have drawn or drawing the pay scale which is not less than the pay scale of the senior level officer.
Suspension or Removal of Members of Goa SSC
Member of the Commission and Chairperson of Goa SSC, will be suspended if found guilty of the following:
- If they are insolvent or adjudged
- Sentenced or convicted to imprisonment for the act that is considered wrong by the Governer
- Unfit to continue the job due to mental or physical sickness
- Found employed in responsibilities and duties other than the office
- Abused or gone against the position
Powers of Goa SSC
General powers that lie with the Commission are listed below:
Power of making rules:
- Power to constitute the advisory committee which will advise government
- It can involve suitable experts or consultants having special skills and knowledge that will help the Commission to perform its functions in best possible way.
- As per the permission given previously by government, Commission can delegate it’s power specially or generally to any of the officers or committee that belongs to it.
- The committee can enter into the contracts that are considered necessary to carry our its functions uninterruptedly.
Power of making regulations:
- After taking approval from the government, Commission can make the regulations that does not goes against the Act.
- Such regulations may comprise of conducting the exam, candidates’ selection for subordinates posts and services.
- The manner and the time limit within which the Government department will inform about the vacancies.
- Defining the selection mode and fixing the selection criteria, after consulting the government department.
- Creating the method of arranging the selected cadidates as per the merit list and vacancies to be filled.
- Defining the process of forwarding the list of the candidates who are selected to the appointing authority as per the merit.
- Deciding how the advertisement is going to be published to invite applications.
- No amendment or regulation will be accepted until it is approved by the government.
Official Website: gbshse.gov.in