Hi guys! IAS Answer Key 2019 has been published after exam. UPSC Prelims Answer Key 2019 are now available for GS paper 1 as well as GS paper 2 for all sets. If you appeared in Civil Services preliminary exam on June 2, 2019, then you should use IAS answer key to know correct answers of 100 questions in paper 1 and 80 in paper 2 and calculate expected marks. Union Public Service Commission also releases official answer key. However, it is released after result is announced. Candidates can check both unofficial as well as official answer keys, solutions from here. Know all about IAS Answer Key 2019 including getting complete solved question paper, date for official key, result and other important details.
UPSC IAS Answer Key 2019
UPSC conducted Civil Services (IAS) Preliminary exam on June 2, 2019. GS paper 1 and GS paper 2 were held smoothly. There were some surprises for aspirants in each paper. Candidates can check IAS 2019 Answer Key for both papers after exam here.
|UPSC IAS 2019 Prelims||Get Answer Key|
|IAS 2019 Paper 1||Click here for answer key of UPSC Prelims 2019 Paper 1 – Available!|
|IAS 2019 Paper 2||Click here for answer key of UPSC Prelims 2019 Paper 2 – Available!|
Officially, names of papers are General Studies Paper 1 and General Studies Paper 2. However sometimes candidates refer to Paper 1 GS and Paper 2 as CSAT.
UPSC IAS 2019 Question Papers
Candidates can download IAS 2019 question paper PDF from here after exam. They are published separately for paper 1 and paper 2. However separate papers are not published for each set because Set A, B, C, D of a paper have same questions. They are just in different order.
IAS 2019 Question Paper – Paper 1
IAS 2019 Question Paper – Paper 2
Question papers of UPSC IAS exam are important for future test takers also. It is advisable to incorporate solving past year papers in IAS preparation. It also gives a better idea of syllabus.
How to calculate marks using UPSC IAS Answer Key?
To calculate marks with answer key of UPSC Civil Services preliminary exam, you should be aware of the exam pattern. (To get a hands on experience of exam pattern, candidates can try UPSC IAS Mock Test.)
Exam pattern of GS Paper 1
- Number of questions: 100
- Maximum marks: 200
- Marks for correct answer: +2
- Negative marking: -2/3
Exam pattern of GS Paper 1
- Number of questions: 80
- Maximum marks: 200
- Marks for correct answer: +2.5
- Negative marking: -2.5/3
All questions in both papers are objective type. Each question has single appropriate answer.
Steps to calculate expected marks
Now that you know the exam pattern and marking scheme, you can easily calculate your score. Steps to do it are as follows.
- Firstly, open the UPSC Civil Serves prelims 2019 answer key of that set which you have question paper of.
- Then get its answer key from this page.
- Now one by one, check all answers. Whichever answers match with key, mark as correct. Those that are different, mark as incorrect. Such questions where you did not mark any answer are unattempted.
- Now just calculate total number of correct answers and total number of incorrect answers.
- Then use marks formula given below to calculate your score.
Marks in IAS 2019 paper 1 = Number of correct answers * 2 – Number of incorrect answers * 2/3
Marks in IAS 2019 paper 2 = Number of correct answers * 2.5 – Number of incorrect answers * 2.5/3
UPSC Prelims 2019 Answer Key by Coaching Centres
Several coaching centres from all across India publish answer keys of UPSC Civil Services prelims after exam is concluded. Some release them a few hours after exam, and others do it after a few days. Candidates rely on different answer keys. Also many prefer to predict score from more than one answer keys. With this in mind, we provide you all coaching centre answer keys here in one place.
Following coaching centres provide answer keys:
- Career Launcher
- Chanakya IAS Academy
- Dhyeya IAS
- Drishti IAS Coaching
- KSG Study Group
- Rau’s IAS Study Circle
- Shankar IAS Academy
- Spring Board Academy
- Sriram’s IAS Academy
- Vajirao & Reddy Institute
- Vision IAS
Difference between unofficial and official answer key of UPSC Prelims 2019
Those answer keys that are published by coaching centres or individual teachers are unofficial IAS answer keys. Whereas those that are released by UPSC, that is the exam conducting body itself, are the official answer keys. Know how one differs from another.
|Unofficial answer key of UPSC Prelims 2019||Official answer key of UPSC Prelims 2019|
|Coaching centres and teachers of UPSC aspirants release it.||UPSC releases it.|
|It is available few hours after exam.||It is available after result is announced.|
|Some questions may be wrongly answered.||All questions are correctly answered in it as per UPSC.|
|Calculation of marks for result is not as per it.||Calculation of marks for result is as per it.|
|It is useful for candidates who have just appeared in exam to predict scores.||It is more useful for future UPSC Civil Services aspirants to prepare with previous year question paper.|
Therefore, candidates must exercise best judgement while using unofficial IAS 2019 answer key. Feel free to discuss correct and incorrect answers in comments below.
Official UPSC IAS Answer Key 2019
Important information regarding UPSC IAS Answer Key 2019 official is as follows.
- Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is responsible for conduct of exam, issuance of answer keys, and declaration of result.
- Official answer key of UPSC IAS 2019 are released by UPSC at upsc.gov.in.
- The commission releases it after publishing result of IAS 2019 prelims.
- Candidates can download IAS 2019 Paper 1 answer key, and IAS 2019 Paper 2 answer key as and when they are released.
- Each answer key consists of answers of all four sets namely A, B, C, D.
- There is no option to submit objections on official answer key.
How to get IAS Answer Key from upsc.gov.in?
- Go to upsc.gov.in.
- Then under examination section in menu, click on answer keys.
- This consequently takes you to all UPSC answer keys. Scroll down to reach Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2019. Against it, you will see Paper-I, as well as Paper-II links.
- Click on link of Paper-I to get IAS Answer Key 2019 of Paper 1. Similarly, click on Paper-II to get IAS Answer Key 2019 of Paper 2.
UPSC Online Question Paper Representation Portal
- Click here for QPReP or UPSC Question Paper Representation Portal.
UPSC aspirants who have appeared in IAS exam (and other exams as they happen), can submit representations against questions asked in exam through it.
If any candidate thinks that there was any problem in any question, that any question was ambiguous was wrong, then they can mention the same in QPReP. Keep registration ID, roll number as per IAS admit card, and other login credentials handy.
IAS Result 2019
UPSC declares result of Civil Services (IAS) 2019 one by one after prelims, mains, and interview. Result is published at upsc.gov.in.
- UPSC Prelims Result: Candidates who obtain marks equal to or more than cut off of UPSC prelims are declared as qualified for mains. Cut off is fixed for paper 1. Paper 2 is qualifying only.
- UPSC Mains Result: Then those who qualify IAS 2019 Mains will be called for interview. Paper A and B are qualifying only. GS Paper 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 have individual and overall cut offs.
- UPSC Final Result: Finally merit will be drawn on basis marks in IAS Mains and interview.
Result is announced in form of PDF file containing roll numbers of all candidates who have qualified.
There are 896 vacancies to be filled through result of UPSC Civil Services (IAS) 2019.
IAS Cut Off 2019
UPSC fixes cut off in prelims, mains, and in overall for respective results. Candidates can check past year cut offs here to compare with their predicted scores. Also, past year cut offs of UPSC prelims are given below for easy reference.
Please note that cut off is only applicable for IAS Prelims Paper 1. In paper 2, candidates need to get qualifying marks only.
IAS Exam 2019
Indian Administrative Services exam is a national level competitive exam held by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is one of the esteemed govt job exams leading directly to Grade A officers posts in various services and posts in government of India.
IAS 2019 Number of Vacancies: 896
Number of attempts: Candidates get maximum of 6 attempts (not applicable on SC/ST, and 9 for OBC) considering they fulfill remaining eligibility criteria.
Indian Administrative Services are considered the premier civil service of India. It is one of the three All India Services, other two being Indian Police Service, and Indian Forest Service. Every year, lakhs of candidates aspire to join IAS, IFS, IPS and other services by clearing UPSC IAS exam.
CSE P 2019 notification was released in February. Applications were invited until March. Then applicants were issued admit card at upsc.gov.in.
Past 5 Years UPSC IAS Question Papers and Answer Keys
Here are all past 5 years question papers and answer keys of IAS exam.
|Year of exam||IAS Paper 1||IAS Paper 2|
|Qs Paper||Ans Key||Qs Paper||Ans Key|
|2018||Get here||Get here||Get here||Get here|
|2017||Get here||Get here||Get here||Get here|
|2016||Get here||Get here||Get here||Get here|
|2015||Get here||Get here||Get here||Get here|
|2014||Get here||Get here||Get here||Get here|
If you have any queries regarding IAS Answer Key 2019, then please ask in comments below.