IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria 2022: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the IBPS RRB 2022 exam to recruit Group ‘A’ Officers (Scale I, II, and III) and Group ‘B’ Office Assistants (Multipurpose) in Rural Regional Banks. Before applying for the exam, candidates must meet the IBPS RRB 2022 eligibility requirements. Read the entire article to learn about candidate eligibility, including nationality/citizenship, age (as appropriate for the positions), educational qualifications, experience, and reservation.
IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria 2022
Candidates must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the IBPS RRB 2022 exam:
- A national or citizen of India, a subject of Nepal, a subject of Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee who arrived in India before January 1, 1962 with the aim of remaining permanently,
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated to India from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, the East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv), (v) and above has received a certificate of eligibility from the Government of India.
IBPS RRB Age limit
IBPS has imposed an upper and lower age restriction for those who want to take the IBPS RRB exam. The age limit varies depending on the officers’ pay scale. The following is the age limit for general category candidates according to the positions:
- For Officer Scale-III – The lowest age limit for Officer Scale-III applicants is 21 years, while the maximum age limit is 40 years. A candidate for officer Scale III must have been born between June 3, 1981, and May 31, 2001.
- For Officer Scale-II, the candidate must be at least 21 years old but not more than 32 years old. These candidates should not have been born in the first place not earlier than June 3, 1989, nor later than May 31, 2001
- For Officer Scale I: If a candidate is applying for Officer Scale I, he or she must be at least 18 years old, with a maximum age limit of 30 years. This means that the candidate must have been born between June 3, 1992, and May 31, 2004.
- For Office Assistant – Candidates between the ages of 18 and 28 are eligible to apply for the position of Office Assistant (Multipurpose). A candidate for this position must have been born between June 2, 1994, and June 1, 2004.
Are you Eligible? Apply for IBPS RRB Application Form
IBPS RRB Educational Qualification
Candidates applying for IBPS RRB should be aware that, depending on the post for which they are seeking, the responsible body has established a number of educational eligibility criteria. For postings such as Officer Scale I, II, and III, as well as Office Assistant, different sets of educational credentials are necessary, however, candidates applying for any of the above-mentioned positions must have a degree in any discipline from a recognised university or institution.
The following table delineates the educational requirements for specific positions:
|Name of the post||Education qualification||Experience|
|Officer Assistant (Multipurpose)||Any type of degree is acceptable. Proficiency in the local language is required. Computer abilities are required.||It is not required|
|Officer Scale-I||Any type of degree is acceptable. Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics, and Accountancy will be given preference. Proficiency in the local language is required. Computer abilities are required.||It is not required|
|Officer Scale-II general banking officer||A bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks is required. |
Candidates with degrees in Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics, and Accountancy will have an advantage.
|2 Years experience as an Officer in a Bank or Financial Institution.|
|Officer Scale-II Specialist Officers(IT)||A minimum of 50% in Electronics, Communication, Computer Science, or Information Technology is required. Certifications in ASP, PHP, C++, Java, VB, VC, OCP, and other programming languages will be given priority.||1 Year|
|Officer Scale-II Specialist Officers (CA)||The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India has certified him as a Certified Associate (CA).||1 Year|
|Specialist Officers on the Officer Scale II for one year (LA)||A minimum of 50% in a law degree is required||2 years as an attorney OR 2 years as a legal officer in a bank or financial institution|
|Officer Scale-II Specialist Officers ( Treasury Manager)||MBA in Finance OR Certified Associate (CA) from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.||1 Year|
|Officer Scale-II Specialist Officers (Marketing Officer).||MBA in Marketing||1 Year|
|Officer Scale-II Specialist Officers (Agriculture Officer )||A minimum of 50% degree with Horticulture, Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Dairy, Animal husbandry, Forestry, Pisciculture or Agricultural Engineering.||2 Year|
|Officer Scale-III||A minimum of 50% marks in any field.|
Candidates with a degree or diploma in Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Horticulture, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics, and Accounting will be given priority.
|A minimum of 5 years of experience as a bank or financial institution officer is required|
Person with Disability IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria 2022
IBPS RRB 2022 relaxes the age restriction for numerous categories, including those with disabilities. If a candidate has a disability that is not less than 40% certified by a Medical Board, he or she can apply for the IBPS RRB 2022 examination under the PwD category. It is critical to have documents validating the claim that have been issued by medical boards under the control of the federal or state governments. Candidates with the following disabilities fall within the PwD category:
- Visually impaired – Candidates who are blind or have a visual acuity of less than 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye are considered visually impaired. eye with corrective lenses and field of vision limitation extending at an angle of 20 degrees or more.
- Deaf and Hearing Impaired – Loss of sixty dB or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies is considered deaf and hearing impaired. Candidates with this condition lose their capacity to hear completely in both ears.
- Orthopedically challenged – Candidates can apply for IBPS RRB if they have a locomotor disability or cerebral palsy with a locomotor impairment of at least 40%. Candidates who fit into one of the following groups are also eligible to apply for the IBPS RRB 2022:
BL – Both legs are affected, but the arms are not. One arm is damaged with OA (R or L), Reach issues, grasp issues, etc.
OL – Affected one leg (R and or L)
MW – Muscular weakness and physical exhaustion
About IBPS RRB
Every year, the IBPS RRB Exam is held to select candidates for the positions of IBPS RRB Assistant and IBPS RRB Officer Cadre in Regional Rural Banks across the country. Every year, the IBPS RRB Exam is held to select candidates for Assistant and Officer Cadre positions in Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) across the country. The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts a national-level banking exam every year for applicants who want to work for a Regional Rural Bank.
Ans Candidates who fall into one of the reserved categories are eligible for an age reduction.
Ans Candidates seeking for the IBPS RRB Officers Scale I post must be between the ages of 18 and 30.
Ans Yes, proficiency in the local language of the state candidate is required.