RRB JE Eligibility Criteria 2019 – Candidates aspiring for RRB JE 2019 should check the eligibility criteria. RRB will only fill 14033 vacancies for Junior Engineer (JE), Depot Material Superintendent (DMS) and CMA (Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant) with those candidates who will fill the eligibility criteria of RRB JE 2019. The RRB JE eligibility covers age, education, and citizenship of a candidate. The candidates belonging to all the categories can check RRB JE Eligibility Criteria 2019 from this page.
RRB JE Eligibility Criteria 2019
It is always beneficial to know the eligibility criteria before applying. The eligibility of the candidates will be checked during the document verification round. However, application form will also be rejected if candidates don’t fulfill the basic eligibility criteria of RRB JE 2019.
RRB JE Citizenship Criteria 2019
To be eligible for RRB JE 2019 exam, a candidate needs to be any of the follows:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal
- Subject of Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee – who settled in India before the 1st January, 1962.
- Person of Indian origin – who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with intention to settle in India.
RRB JE Educational Qualifications 2019
RRB JE Qualification is one of the most important criteria. It varies for each post. Candidates can check it for respective post from below:
Junior Engineer – Candidates must have a diploma/degree in Engineering, in relevant specialization.
Junior Engineer (Information Technology) – Aspirants should have PGDCA / B.Sc. (Computer Science) / BCA / B.Tech (Information Technology) / B.Tech (Computer Science) / DOEACC ‘B’ Level Course of 3 years duration or equivalent.
Depot Material Superintendent (DMS) – Candidates should possess Diploma/Degree in Engineering in any discipline from a recognized University/Institution.
Chemical Metallurgical Assistant (CMA) – For this post, applicant should have Bachelors Degree in Science with Physics and Chemistry with minimum of 45% Marks.
RRB JE Age Limit 2019
Age limit is a crucial aspect of the eligibility criteria. Relaxation is also applicable in certain cases. Following is the age limit for the unreserved candidates-
Lower Age Limit – The candidates should not be less than 18 years of age, as on January 01, 2019.
Upper Age Limit – The upper age bar for RRB JE is 33 years, as on January 01, 2019.
This means that the candidates should have been born between:
|Category||Should Have Been Born On or After||Should Not Have Been Born After|
|UR||01 Jan 2001||02 Jan 1986|
|OBC-NCL||01 Jan 2001||02 Jan 1983|
|SC / ST||01 Jan 2001||02 Jan 1981|
Relaxation in Age Limit: –
There is a provision of Age relaxation for the candidates belonging to the reserved categories. Following is the age relaxation criteria
|SC/ST Candidates||5 years|
|OBC-Non Creamy Layer Candidates||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen who served continuously for more than 6 months after attestation||
|Persons With Disabilities (PWD)||
|Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period
from January 01, 1980 to December 31, 1989.
|For Group C and D Railway Staff, Casual Labour and Substitutes||
|Candidates who are working in Quasi-Administrative offices of the Railway organization such as Railway Canteens, Co-operative Societies and Institute||
|Widowed, divorced or women judicially separated from husband but not remarried.||
Medical Requirements for RRB JE 2019
Candidates also need to fulfill the medical requirements to qualify the RRB JE 2018-19 examination. Following is the list of Medical standards as per the norms laid down for the Railway staff
- A-3-Physical fitness in all aspects. Distance Vision-6/9, 6/9 with or without glasses(Lens Power shouldn’t exceed 2D) Near vision-0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses. Should pass the test for colour vision, Binocular vision, Field of vision and Binocular vision.
- B-1- Physical fitness in all aspects. Distance Vision-6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses(Lens Power shouldn’t exceed 4D) Near vision-0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses. Should pass the test for colour vision, Binocular vision, Field of vision and Binocular vision
- B-2- Physical fitness in all aspects. Distance Vision-6/9, 6/9 with or without glasses(Lens Power shouldn’t exceed 2D) Near vision-0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses. Should pass the test for Field of vision.
- C-1-Physical fitness in all aspects. Distance Vision-6/12, 6/18 with or without glasses(Lens Power shouldn’t exceed 2D) Near vision-0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses.