SSC CHSL 2017 – Staff Selection Commission conducted the SSC CHSL Tier 2 2017 Exam on July 15, 2018. Now its time for the result, SSC will release the result for Tier in very soon on ssc.nic.in. The Combine Higher Secondary Level (10+2) exam consists of 3 Tiers. Tier 1 held from March 04 to 26, 2018, following it, Tier 2 conducted on July 15, 2018. Now the candidates are waiting for the final result of Tier 2 so that they can appear in the Tier 3 Examination. The Commission is conducting SSC CHSL for 3259 vacancies. The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of final merit list, which will be prepared as per the performance in Tier 1 and 2. Get here complete details of SSC CHSL 2017 such as application form, admit card, result, cut off, syllabus, exam pattern.
SSC CHSL 2017
The vacancies under SSC CHSL are for the post of Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA), and Data Entry Operator(DEO). It should be noted that this year there is no vacancy for DEO Grade “A”. Candidates can check all the important dates for SSC CHSL 2017 from the table below and the details vacancies can be checked by reading further.
|SSC CHSL 2017||Important Dates|
|Publication of SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level 2017 notification||18 Nov 2017|
|Commencement of online application form submission||18 Nov 2017|
|The last date to submit the application form||27 Dec 2017|
|Issuance of admit card for Tier 1 exam||22 Feb 2018 onwards|
|Exam date for SSC CHSL Tier 1 is||04 to 26 Mar 2018|
|The announcement of result for Tier 1||15 Jun 2018|
|The admit card for Tier 2||23 Jun 2018 onwards|
|SSC CHSL Tier 2 Exam||15 Jul 2018|
|Result for Tier 2||Jul-Aug 2018|
|Skill Test||Dec 2018/ Jan 2018|
Candidates may please note that official name of this exam is SSC CHSL 2017. However, since Tier 1 exam dates are in 2018, therefore it is also being referred to as SSC CHSL 2018 for sake of reference.
SSC CHSL Admit Card 2017
Staff Selection Commission Admit Card 2017 has been released. For the sake of the candidates direct link to is also provided in Admit Card page. Staff Selection Commission regional / sub-regional websites host admit cards. SSC 10+2 Exam 2017 Admit Card information is as follows.
- Admit card of SSC CHSL 2017 will be available separately for Tier 1, 2, 3.
- Candidates can download admit card / hall ticket / admission certificate from website of regional / sub-regional SSC.
- Candidates have to enter registration number and other login credentials to download admit card.
- The only mode of obtaining admit card is online.
- Admit Card shall contain time table and venue of examination apart from candidate details.
- Usually SSC CHSL admit card is available three weeks before date of exam.
It is compulsory to take admit card along with photo ID (voter ID / driving license / ID card issued by government or other offices where candidate is working), 3 passport size photographs.
SSC CHSL 2017 Vacancy
The total number of vacancies have also been announced. It is 3259. Candidates can check the individual vacancies for LDC / JSA, Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant, and DEO from the table below.
|Post||Number of vacancies|
|LDC / JSA||898|
|Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant||2359|
|DEO Grade “A”-||Nill|
SSC CHSL 2017 Pay Of Posts
Usually, pay scale is as follows for these posts.
|LDC / JSA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 1900 (pre-revised)|
|PA / SA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|Data Entry Operator, Grade ‘A’||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400|
Reservation for SC, ST, OBC, ExS, PH is as per government orders.
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2017
You are eligible to appear in SSC 10+2 Exam 2017 only if you fulfill eligibility criteria. Expected eligibility criteria is as follows.
Candidate is either citizen of India or subject of Nepal / Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar),Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Candidate should be between 18 to 27 years old as on 01 January 2018. This means that candidate should not be born before 02 Jan 1990 or later than 01 Jan 2000. Check age relaxation here.
Candidate must have passed class 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized board or university.
SSC CHSL 2017 Application Form
The application form for SSC CHSL 2017 has released online. The candidates avail it by clicking on the “Application Form” link above. The process to submit the application form is as mentioned below.
Online Registration: The candidates will first of all have to register online. To do so, the candidates need to click on “Register” button, under the New Registration section. Then, the candidates will have to enter Personal Details, Basic Details, and Contact Details.
Uploading Images: Once the candidate is registered, the option to upload the Photograph and Signature will open. The scanned copies of the Photograph and the Signature should be in JPG format. The size of the Photograph should be between 4KB to 20 KB and the same for Signature has to be between 1 KB to 12 KB.
Filling SSC CHSL 2017 Application Form: Next, the candidates will have to submit the details in the application form. All the details should be entered correctly. The candidates will also have to remit the application fee, which is Rs. 100.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2017-2018
Also referred to as scheme of examination, exam pattern refers to subjects in SSC 10+2 Exam 2017, marking scheme, mode of exam. Given below is expected exam pattern. As soon as notification releases, the actual pattern for CHSL 2017 will be updated.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern – Tier 1
Name of exam: SSC CHSL 2017 Tier 1
Mode: Computer-based test
Duration: 60 minutes but 80 minutes for VH / OH candidates
Number of Questions: 100
Maximum marks: 200
Types of questions: Objective (multiple choice)
Negative marking: 0.5
Note: The questions for Part I, III & IV will be provided in Hindi and English Language.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern – Tier 2
Name of exam: SSC CHSL 2017 Tier 2
Mode: Pen and Paper based
Duration: 60 minutes
Maximum marks: 100
Types of questions: Descriptive
|Type of question||Words|
|Essay writing||200 – 250 words|
|Letter / Application Writing||150 – 200 words|
Note: The candidates are to attempt the paper in Hindi or English Language.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern – Tier 3
Name of the exam: SSC CHSL 2017 Tier 3
Nature: Skill Test
|Skill Test for DEO||Data entry speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on the computer|
|Typing Test for PA/SA, LDC, Court Clerk||35 WPM for English, 30 WPM for Hindi|
Note: The Tier III will only be qualifying in nature.
SSC CHSL 2017 Syllabus
Knowing syllabus of SSC CHSL 2017 is a key part of doing well in the exam. SSC 10+2 2017 Exam Syllabus contains topics on which questions are asked in the exam.
General Intelligence (Verbal, Non-Verbal)
- Coding and decoding
- Critical Thinking
- Drawing inferences
- Embedded figures
- Emotional Intelligence
- Figural Analogy
- Figural Classification
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion
- Figural Series
- Number Series
- Numerical operations.
- Problem Solving
- Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding
- Semantic Analogy
- Semantic Classification
- Semantic Series
- Social Intelligence
- Space Orientation
- Symbolic operations
- Symbolic/Number Analogy
- Symbolic/Number Classification
- Venn Diagrams
- Word Building
- Active / Passive Voice of Verbs
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension Passage
- Conversion into Direct / Indirect narration
- Fill in the Blanks
- Idioms & Phrases
- Improvement of Sentences
- One word substitution
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Spellings / Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Spot the Error
- Synonyms / Homonyms
- Algebra: basic algebraic identities, elementary surds (simple problems), graphs of linear equations.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: percentages, ratio and proportion, square roots, averages, interest (simple and compound), profit and loss, discount, partnership business, mixture and allegation, time and distance, time and work.
- Geometry: triangle, congruence and similarity of triangles, circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration: triangle, quadrilaterals, regular polygons, circle, right prism, right circular cone, right circular cylinder, sphere, hemispheres, rectangular parallelepiped, the regular right pyramid with the triangular or square base
- Number Systems: computation of whole number, decimal, and fractions, the relationship between numbers
- Statistical Charts: histogram, frequency polygon, bar- diagram, pie-chart
- Trigonometry: trigonometry, trigonometric ratios, complementary angles, height and distances, standard identities.
- General awareness of the environment around oneself and its application to society
- Knowledge of current events
- Matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects
- History, culture, geography, economic scene, general policy, scientific research of India and its neighboring countries
Syllabus for Tier-2 Examination
The syllabus of the Tier-II examination is given here. As Tier-2 Examination is a descriptive type and candidates will be asked to write Essay and Application on given topics. Some important topics which are asked frequently in the examination are given. However, this is not mandatory that these topics could be asked this year as well, but still you can prepae theses topics for batter practice.
- National Interest
- Finance & Economy
- Ecological Issues
- Social Issues
- Schemes & Governance
- Environmental Concerns etc.
- Official Appreciation
- Follow up or Feedback etc.
SSC CHSL Exam Centres 2018
The candidates will have to submit the center choice while filling the application form. The complete official list of SSC CHSL Exam Centers is as given below.
SSC CHSL Result 2017
SSC announces CHSL result in this order
- First, SSC CHSL 2017 Result of Tier I indicating candidates shortlisted for appearing in Descriptive Test (Tier II) will come.
- Then marks of candidates of Tier 1 region-wise will publish.
- After that Result of Tier II will release as 3 lists. List 1, 2, 3 will be for candidates qualified for DEST for DEO in CAG, candidates qualified for typing test for PA/SA / LDC / Court Clerk, candidates qualified for DEST for DEO in departments other than CAG respectively.
- Next, the SSC will announce the marks of candidates of Tier 2 in roll number order.
- Ultimately final result of SSC CHSL 2017 will be announced.
SSC CHSL Cut Off 2017
A cut off will be fixed separately for Tier 1, 2, 3. SSC CHSL 2017 Cut Off will be announced with each result. You can check past year cutoffs to get an idea of statistics.
Following are SSC CHSL 2016 cutoffs.
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Cut Off
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Cut Off – Candidates qualified for Data Entry Skill Test for DEO in CAG
|Category||Cut Off Marks in Paper I+II|
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Cut Off – Candidates qualified for Typing Test for Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant / LDC / Court Clerk
|Category||Cut Off Marks in Paper II|
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Cut Off – Candidates qualified for Data Entry Skill Test for DEO in Deptt. Other than CAG
|Category||Cut Off Marks in Paper I+II|
To Check the new brochure in new window, Click here