SSC CHSL 2022 Preparation: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination is a national level exam. Each year, several candidates participate to get the SSC CHSL government job. If you are appearing this year for SSC CHSL exam, then you are on the right page. In this article, candidates will get everything they require for SSC CHSL preparation. Read more about SSC CHSL 2022 Preparation through this article.
SSC CHSL 2022 Preparation
The candidate needs to score marks more than the SSC CHSL cut-off marks and the cut-off is likely to increase every year. Analyse previous year cutoffs and make the target more than the cut-off marks. On this page, aspirants will learn about the following thing:
- SSC CHSL Exam Preparation Tips from the toppers and experts.
- Section-wise preparation tips
- Some Tips from SSC CHSL Experts
- Exam Pattern
- Important Books
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips and Tricks
SSC CHSL Exam Preparation Tips from the toppers and experts will help the candidates to prepare in a better way. Here are a few tips that are exam-specific and each candidate can use them for SSC CHSL Exam Preparation.
Work on Language Comprehension
The English language is an important part of the SSC CHSL Tier I, therefore it is necessary to work upon the grammar and vocabulary of English:
- Read newspapers, books (fiction & non-fiction)
- Practice unseen passages,
- Note Down new words in a separate notebook,
- Keep exploring the synonyms, antonyms of a word you learn daily,
- Test yourself every week
Creating a timetable for a uniform consistency for the exam preparation helps you a lot:
- Create a time table,
- Distribute your subjects as per your time,
- Focus on all subjects equally,
- Create a Consistency in your preparation instead of bottling up the syllabus in a single month.
- Set realistic goals to achieve and work upon,
Practice previous year question papers
Previous year question papers are helpful for the preparation of the exam after completion of the exam syllabus:
- Utilise previous year question papers as mock tests and model test papers,
- Use the answer key for checking your answers,
- Questions are repeated often, analyse wisely,
- Test yourself every week after covering a few topics of the syllabus.
- Affix a time period for each section of the exam
SSC CHSL 2022 Section-Wise Exam Preparation
Refer to some important pro-tips and preparation tips for each section of SSC CHSL below.
For General Intelligence and Reasoning:
- As per SSC CHSL experts, there is no special trick to solve Reasoning section questions.
- Candidates can prepare well for SSC CHSL reasoning by practising previous year questions and mock tests.
- This is a scoring section. So, candidates must focus on attempting more questions in less time in this section.
For Quantitative Aptitude:
- Candidates must start from the basics. Revise the formula and make a special notebook for the same.
- Those who are weak in Quant section are suggested to join online coaching. They can also practise with the previous year questions and answers to improve their skills.
- Quant section is the most tricky and time-consuming. Aspirants must ensure that they do not waste much time on one question.
For English Language:
- The first tip is to start with the vocabulary. Read the newspapers, English novels, current affairs columns to improve vocabulary knowledge.
- Next is to work on the basics of English grammar. For this, candidates can refer to Neetu Singh’s English grammar books or any other reference book.
- The complete reading comprehension section carries 05 marks. So, work on comprehension skills.
For General Awareness:
- Most of the questions of General Knowledge section are asked from Statis GK. So, aspirants are advised to start with that section.
- They can prepare for Statis GK with one of the most trusted books – Lucent.
- Next concept is the current affairs. For this, candidates have to read the newspaper on daily basis. Take some online quizzes to check current affairs knowledge.
Read more: SSC CHSL 2022 Question Paper
How to Crack SSC CHSL Exam in First Attempt? – Know from Experts!
It is also good to hear what the experts have to say in the preparation of an examination. So, here are some of the most effective SSC CHSL preparation videos by CHSL experts.
SSC CHSL Preparation tips by Knower Nikhil
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips from WifiStudy
Read more: SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Paper
SSC CHSL 2022 Exam Pattern
Now that candidates have sectional preparation tips, we can now move on to know about examinations. First, let us discuss the SSC CHSL exam pattern. The SSC CHSL Tier-1 exam is an online examination. However, the rest two stages are conducted offline. Get in-depth knowledge on SSC CHSL Exam Pattern for all stages below.
- Mode: Computer-based online
- Duration: 60 minutes (80 minutes given to VH / OH candidates).
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Maximum marks: 200 marks
- Types of questions: Objective (multiple choice questions).
- Marking Scheme:
Distribution of questions:
- Mode: Written exam.
- Duration: 1 hour.
- Maximum marks: 100 marks.
- Types of questions: Descriptive paper where the candidates can write in either Hindi or English Language.
|Type of question||Words|
|Essay writing||200 – 250 words|
|Letter / Application Writing||150 – 200 words|
Tier-3 Skill Test
- Tier III is qualifying in nature.
|Skill Test for DEO||Data entry speed of 8000 key depressions|
per hour on the computer
|Typing Test for PA/SA, LDC, Court Clerk||35 WPM for English, 30 WPM for Hindi|
SSC CHSL 2022 Syllabus
In this section, we are discussing SSC CHSL syllabus exam in detail. However, it is important to note that the syllabus available here is only for the Tier-1 (Prelims) exam.
- Active / Passive Voice of Verbs
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension Passage
- Conversion into Direct / Indirect narration
- Fill in the Blanks
- Idioms & Phrases
- Improvement of Sentences
- One word substitution
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Spellings / Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Spot the Error
- Synonyms / Homonyms
- Coding and decoding
- Critical Thinking
- Embedded figures
- Emotional Intelligence
- Figural Analogy, Classification, Pattern, Series
- Number Series and operations.
- Problem Solving
- Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding
- Semantic Analogy, Classification, Series
- Social Intelligence
- Space Orientation
- Symbolic operations, Number Analogy & Classification
- Venn Diagrams
- Word Building
- Fundamental arithmetical operations
- Number Systems
- Statistical Charts
- Economic Scene
- General policy
- Scientific research
- Current Affairs
Best Books for SSC CHSL Preparations
The last step to prepare for the SSC CHSL exam is to practice with the reference books. These books are available on various platforms starting from Amazon to youtube. For our readers, we have provided some of the famous and effective SSC CHSL preparation books below.
|Name of the book||Buy here|
|SSC CHSL 2020 (Tier-1) | 20 Full-length Mock Tests + |
4 Previous Years’ Papers
|SSC (10+2) Guide Combined Higher Secondary 2020||Click here|
|SSC – CHSL (10+2) Tier I – 8 Year-wise Solved Papers (2012-18)||Click here|
|Quick General Awareness 2020 for SSC CGL/CHSL/MTS/|
|English Language Book for SSC CGL, CHSL, CPO and |
Other Govt. Exams (English Printed Edition) by Adda247 Publications
|Kiran SSC CHSL Tier I 2019 (25 SETS) Solved Papers English||Click here|
|Kiran’s SSC CHSL10+2 LDC/JSA/Deo/Deo Grade-A/ PA/SA|
Tier-1 Online CBE 50 Sets Practices Work Book
|Kiran SSC Reasoning Chapterwise & Typewise Solved|
Papers 1997- Till Date 9700+ Objective Questions
|Kiran SSC Mathematics Chapterwise And Typewise|
Solved Papers 10500+
About SSC CHSL
The examination for SSC CHSL is organized to recruit eligible candidates for the post of LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG), Data Entry Operator (DEO Grade ‘A’) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG). SSC CHSL exam takes place annually. Aspirants have to appear for a three-stage selection procedure to get selected under SSC CHSL posts. The first stage is the prelims exam followed by a descriptive examination. Thereafter, candidates are called for the skill test.
Ans: The topic included in the quantitative aptitude section are Simplification, Profit & Loss, Mixtures & Allegations, Data interpretation, Ratio & proportion, Trigonometry, Geometry (elementary geometry) Mensuration, Algebra, Fundamental Arithmetical Operations, Number system, Statistical Charts, and many more.
Ans: The tier II of the SSC CHSL Exam comprises 100 marks.
Ans: The tier I of the SSC CHSL Exam is computer based Exam while Tier II is Paper pen mode.
Ans: Candidates are required to go through the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern and Syllabus to prepare for the examination in the best way.