|Graduate Management Admission Test||Apply Now on Official GMAT Exam Website|
SSC CHSL Preparation – How to prepare for SSC CHSL (10+2) LDC / DEO exam is a critical question for CHSL aspirants. The Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination tests knowledge in english, mathematics, GK, and general aptitude. To prepare for SSC CHSL, one must know the CHSL exam pattern and syllabus, get effective tips for SSC CHSL preparation, know the best books to study for the SSC 10+2 LDC / DEO exam.
SSC CHSL is the Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination. Selection of candidates is done in two stages – (1) Written examination of 200 marks in which questions are asked on General Intelligence, English language, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness; (2) Descriptive test of 100 marks comprising of Essay writing, and Letter / Application writing; (3) Skill test for the post of Data Entry Operator and Typing test for the post of Postal Assistant & Sorting Assistant (PA/SA) and Lower Division Clerk on Computer.
Here you will learn the following about SSC CHSL Preparation.
- Exam Pattern of SSC CHSL.
- Important books for SSC CHSL Preparation
- SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination preparation tips.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
Stage 1 – Computer Based Test, time duration 75 minutes.
Combined Higher Secondary Level examination consists of Objective Type Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English and Hindi for all subjects except the test on English Language.
Marking scheme – There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
Tips to crack the CHSL written examination
- To start with, you must believe in yourself that you can crack the exam. The test is designed for students of class 12, hence the level of difficulty would be best suited to such age group. Do not be afraid of facing a very tough paper.
- General intelligence – As the name suggests, general intelligence questions asked in SSC CHSL are to test your intelligence or aptitude. They are there to assess your pattern identifying skills, quick thinking capabilities, and such objective questions which will largely identify your broader thinking. Questions asked in SSC CHSL General Intelligence paper are of the type such as find the odd number / letter / pair, the meaningful order of words, select the odd word, completing series, code writing, identify pattern series, substitution, word problems, statement assumption and implication.
- English language – Questions asked in English language section are moderately easy for those who are proficient in the language. Types of questions asked in this section are on fill in the blanks, finding similar meaning words, finding opposite meaning words, word or phrase meanings, identifying alternate words, one word for a phrase, correct spellings, finding error in sentences.
- Quantitative aptitude – Often students are scared of facing math related questions. You need not stress about this section if you are fairly good at math and can avoid silly mistakes. You need the skills of identifying the best approach to a problem and solving it quickly. Questions asked in CHSL exam quantitative aptitude section includes profit and loss, ratio and proportion, area, volume and perimeter, mean and average, interest calculation, percentages, speed and distance time calculations, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, sets, graphs.
- General awareness – While the rest of the subjects are such that can be mastered with revising topics taught in school, general awareness needs to be developed by self. Read books on GK, read newspapers to develop knowledge in this area. General science, static GK, environment, history, economics.
SSC CHSL Syllabus
For SSC CHSLE first written examination will be conducted of objective type question paper. Those candidates who are able to qualify it, will have to appear for next stage of exam. The Syllabus of both of these parts is available below.
Click Here for SSC CHSL (10+2) Examination Syllabus.
The 4 sections of written Objective type test are given below. Candidates will be able to mark answers in computer. For every question asked, 4 options are given and one is to be selected as answer and marked in the OMR Sheet. Above is detailed SSC CHSL Syllabus.
Important Books for SSC CHSL Preparation
|For General Intelligence & Reasoning|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Nonverbal (English) by B S Sijwali, Indu Sijwal||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|For English Language|
|Objective English for Competitive Examinations by Tata McGraw Hill||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|Competitive General English by Kiran Prakshan||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|Objective General English by S P Bakshi||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|Quick learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|For Quantitative Aptitude|
|Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Agarwal||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|Quicker Mathematics by M. Tyra||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|Elementary and Advanced Mathematics by Kiran Prakashan||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|For General Awareness|
|Manorama Yearbook 2015 (English)||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|Manorama Yearbook 2015 (Hindi)||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|Lucent’s General Knowledge (English)||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|Lucent’s General Knowledge (Hindi)||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|Question bank / practice papers (English)|
|SSC Combined Higher Secondary (10 + 2) Level : Data Entry Operator & Lower Division Clerk (LDC) Examination by Kiran Prakashan||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|SSC CHSL Question Bank For Combined Higher Secondary (10 + 2) Level Exams Clerk Grade (LDC) Data Entry Operator Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ And Analogous Posts by Kiran Prakashan||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|SSC CHSL 10 + 2 Higher Secondary DEO & LDC Data Entry Operator & Lower Division Clerk Exam 2014 Self Study Guide – Cum Practice Work Book by Kiran Prakashan||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|Superfast Practice Sets For SSC CHSL 10+2 Higher Secondary Level Data Entry Operator (Deo) &Lower Division Clerk (LDC) Exam by Kiran Prakashan||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|SSC Mock Test Data Entry Operator and Lower Division Clerk : (10 + 2) Combined Higher Secondary by Pearson||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|Question bank / practice papers (Hindi)|
|SSC CHSL – Superfast Practice Sets 10 + 2 Data Entry Operator Evam Lower Division Clerk by Kiran Prakashan||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|SSC CHSL – 10 + 2 Higher Secondary Data Entry Operator Evam Lower Division Clerk Pariksha 2014 Guide – Cum – Practice Work Book by Kiran Prakashan||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
|SSC 10 + 2 Level Exam Combined Higher Secondary Data Entry Operator & Lower Division Clerk Exam Practice Work Book by Kiran Prakashan||Buy on Flipkart||Buy on Amazon|
SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Papers
Previous year question papers are very important while preparing for SSC CHSL examination.
Click Here for all old SSC CHSL question paper with Answers.
You can view the papers or download them as per your required.