SSC JHT 2019: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released notification for SSC JHT 2019. SSC JHT Online application form is available at the official website. Candidates who have Master’s Degree in Hindi or English can apply for SSC JHT 2019. SSC JHT has two papers in total. Paper 1 is a computer based exam and Paper 2 is a Descriptive type paper. SSC JHT Paper 1 is scheduled to take place on November 26, 2019. After giving the SSC JHT, candidates can select their posts from Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator, Senior Hindi Translator and Hindi Pradhyapak. The final selection is based on the performance of the candidates in both the papers as well the post chosen by them. Check more details on SSC JHT 2019 including notification, exam date, online form, syllabus here.
Latest: SSC has released SSC JHT Application Form 2019. Click Here to apply.
SSC JHT 2019
After clearing both the papers of SSC JHT, qualified candidates can get appointed in Ministries/ Organizations/ Departments falling under Govt. of India. Candidates can check more about SSC JHT 2019 from the table mentioned below:
|SSC JHT 2019||Important Dates|
|Short notification release||26 Jul 2019|
|Detailed SSC JHT 2019 notification release|
|Registration starts on|
|Last date to apply|
|Last date to pay the application fee online||28 Sep 2019|
|Last date to generate the challan for making payment||30 Sep 2019|
|Last date to pay application fee offline||28 Sep 2019|
|Issuance of SSC JHT Admit Card 2019 for Paper-I||to be announced|
|Paper 1 exam date||26 Nov 2019|
|Release of Answer Key||Dec 2019|
|Declaration of paper 1 result||to be announced|
|Issuance of SSC JHT Admit Card 2019 for Paper-II||to be announced|
|Paper 2 exam date||to be announced|
|Declaration of paper 1 result||to be announced|
SSC JHT 2019 Application Form
The application form for SSC JHT 2019 Recruitment has been released online at the official website of the Commission at ssc.nic.in. To submit the SSC JHT Application Form 2019, the candidates need to register first online by providing their basic information.
Once the registration is done, the aspirants have to login using the login credentials sent to them. Next, they can proceed to fill in other details like educational qualification details, personal details, contact details, etc in the SSC JHT 2019 Application Form. Then upload images and pay the requisite amount of the application fee.
Application Fee –
- The candidates shall have to pay Rs 100 as the application fee.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through SBI Challan/ SBI Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card.
- Women candidates and SC / ST candidates are exempted to pay the application fee.
Note: Candidates can save the information and complete their registration details later but make sure you complete it within 14 days.
SSC JHT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for SSC JHT 2019, candidates need to some eligibility requirements. The terms and conditions can be checked from the information given below:
Nationality – Aspirants should be an Indian National.
Age Limit – The age of the candidate should not exceed 30 years as on January 01, 2020.
Educational Qualification for Post Code D
- Should hold a Master’s degree from a recognized University in Hindi with English as a compulsory or elective subject or as medium of examination at degree level; OR
- Should possess a Master’s degree of a recognized University in English with Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as medium of examination at degree level; OR
- Candidates who have a master’s degree of a recognized University in any subject other than Hindi or English, with Hindi medium and English as a compulsory or elective subject or as medium of examination at degree level are also eligible to apply; OR
- Whereas, those candidates with a Master’s degree of a recognized University in any subject other than Hindi or English, with English medium and Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as medium of examination at degree level can also register for JHT Recruitment, OR
- Master’s Degree of a recognized University in any subject other than Hindi or English, with Hindi and English as compulsory or elective subjects or either of the two as a medium of examination and the other as a compulsory or elective subject at degree level
- Should have a recognized Diploma or Certificate course in translation from Hindi to English & vice versa or two years’ experience of translation work from Hindi to English and vice versa in Central or State Government Office, including Government of India Undertaking.
Educational Qualification for Post Code F
- Candidates should have a Master’s degree of a recognized University in Hindi or English with English or Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject at degree level. OR
- Should have a Bachelor’s degree with Hindi and English as main subjects (which includes the term compulsory and elective)
SSC JHT 2019 Admit Card
SSC issues the admit card for JHT via online mode over the different websites of the regions SSC NR, NWR, CR, ER, MPR, WR, NER, SR, KKR. Candidates can download their respective admit cards by entering the User ID and Password. SSC JHT 2019 Admit Card will not be sent through the post. SSC JHT Admit Card 2019 comprises of the information like name & address of the candidate, exam venue, photograph of the candidate, exam date and timing. It is advised to the candidates to carry one valid proof along with the printed copy of the admit card.
SSC JHT 2019 Exam Pattern
It is important for the candidates to know the exam pattern as they can prepare in a better way for the exam. After knowing the exam patter, they are aware of the blue-print of the exam, so they can choose which section has to be attempted first or what is the marking scheme so forth and so on. For more details about SSC JHT Exam Pattern 2019, check the details given below:
- Mode: SSC JHT examination is conducted in the online mode, i.e. it is a computer-based test.
- Duration: The exam is of a duration of 2 hours
- No. of Papers: The test is divided into two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Type of Questions: In the paper 1, there will be MCQ type questions, whereas, for Paper 2, there will be Descriptive type questions. .
- Marking Scheme: For the correct answers, candidates will get 01 marks. For an incorrect answer, 0.25 marks shall get deducted.
- Distribution of Questions: Candidates can check the distribution of question of Paper 1 and Paper 2 from the table below.
|Paper||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Mark|
|Paper 1||General Hind||100||100|
|Paper 2||Translation & Essay||–||200|
SSC JHT Syllabus 2019
To prepare for the JHT examination, it is important that a candidate must be well-familiarised with the exam pattern and syllabus. The SSC JHT syllabus consist of the important topics which a candidate should prepare for Paper 1 and paper 2. As per the information provided on the website, the syllabus for SSC JHT examination includes:
Syllabus for SSC JHT Paper-1
The questions in the Paper-I are designed to test the candidates’ understanding of the languages and literature, correct use of words, phrases, and idioms and ability to write the languages correctly, precisely and effectively. The questions in the Paper-1 will be of degree level.
Syllabus for SSC JHT Paper-2
In this part, the candidates will contain two passages for translation. One passage will be for translation from Hindi to English and one passage for translation from English to Hindi, and an Essay each in Hindi and English. This section will test the candidates’ translation skills and their ability to write as well as comprehend the two languages correctly, precisely and effectively.
Best Books for SSC JHT 2019 Preparation
The next important step for preparation of the test is to study from the relevant resources. Now, there are a lot of books which are available online for the candidates to prepare for the Junior Hindi Translator examination, however, it is important that a candidate should study from limited resources and the ones which are recommended by the experts. Here are few lists of books for SSC JHT preparation.
|Best Books for Hindi Language|
|Name of the Book||Buy Here|
|Idioms, Phrases & Proverbs with Hindi Meanings: H S Bhatia / Ramesh Publishing House||Click here|
|General Hindi and Concise Grammar – An Indispensable Guide for all Competitive Exams: Dr. Brij Kishore Prasad Singh / Unicorn Books||Click here|
|Best Books for English Language|
|Competitive General English—Hindi: Think Tank of Kiran Prakashan / Kiran Prakashan||Click here|
|Popular English Grammar (with Hindi Explanations): H S Bhatia / Ramesh Publishing House||Click here|
|Book for SSC JHT Preparation|
|SSC: Translator/Pradhyapak Recruitment Exam Guide (Popular Master Guide): RPH Editorial Board||Click here|
SSC JHT 2019 Exam Centers
In the SSC JHT 2019 Online Application, the aspirants need to select the test center from the drop-down menu. The list of test centers for SSC JHT 2019 exam as per last year’s information are as follows:
|SSC Region and States||Examination Centre|
|Central Region (CR) – Bihar and Uttar Pradesh||Allahabad|
|Eastern Region (ER) – Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Jharkhand, Odisha, Sikkim and West Bengal||Kolkata|
|Karnataka, Kerala Region (KKR) – Lakshadweep, Karnataka and Kerala||Bengaluru|
|Madhya Pradesh Sub Region (MPR) – Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh||Raipur|
|North Eastern Region (NER) – Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura||Guwahati (Dispur)|
|Northern Region (NR) – NCT of Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand||Delhi|
|North Western SubRegion (NWR) – Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab||Chandigarh|
|Jammu Srinagar (J&K)|
|Southern Region (SR) – Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu and Telangana||Hyderabad|
|Western Region (WR) – Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Goa, Gujarat and Maharashtra||Mumbai|
SSC JHT Answer Key 2019
The Commission releases the SSC JHT 2019 Answer Key online at the Candidate Login. To download the answer key, the candidates need to login by entering their user id and password. Along with the answer key, the Commission also releases the SSC JHT 2019 Question paper and response sheet. Candidates should use these to cross-check their answers and calculate their probable score. For calculating the score, the candidates need to add 01 marks and deduct 0.25 marks for a wrong answer.
Candidates get a golden opportunity to submit their objections against the answer key if they find any mistake in the answer key. To submit the objections, candidates need to submit Rs 100 per questions. After considering the objections, SSC releases the final answer key. It is to be noted that claims against the final answer key cannot be submitted.
SSC JHT Cut Off Marks
The Commission releases the qualifying marks for SSC JHT 2019-2020 exam for Paper-1 with the result. The SSC JHT 2019 Cut off is not yet released, however, candidates can check the previous year cut off marks to be declared as qualified for Paper-II from the information given below.
Previous Year Cut Off Marks for Paper-1
SSC JHT Result 2019
As per the marks scored by the candidates in the Paper 1, candidates are going to be shortlisted to appear for Paper 2. SSC JHT Result will be uploaded on the official website ssc.nic.in. After the result of paper 1, candidates need to appear for the Document Verification Round. The final selection of the candidates will be based on the performance of the candidates in both Paper 1 and Paper 2. Also, their preference for the posts / department will be considered for the final allotment.
However, candidates need to get the qualifying marks in order to qualify the examination and get recruited as the teacher. Minimum qualifying marks in Paper 1 and Paper 2 are given below:
- UR – 30%
- OBC / EWS- 25%
- Others – 20%
SSC JHT 2019 Vacancies
Candidates can check the tentative number of vacancies for Junior Hindi Translator Examination 2019 here. The number of vacancies are provided as obtained from various ministries and departments. Any changes in vacancies will be updated here as per notifications.
Given below are last time’s vacancies. New vacancies will be published soon.
|Name of the organization||Name of the post||Post code||No. of vacancies|
|M/o External Affairs (Central Passport Office )||Junior Hindi Translator (Subordinate Office)||D||2|
|M/o Housing and Urban Affairs||Junior Hindi Translator (Subordinate Office)||D||3|
|M/o Power||Junior Hindi Translator (Subordinate Office)||D||1|
|M/o Shipping||Junior Hindi Translator (Subordinate Office)||D||1|
SSC JHT Pay Scale
Check the information provided below to see what is the salary provided at the different posts:
- Junior Translator in Central Secretariat Official Language Service (CSOLS) , Junior Translator in M/o Railways (Railway Board), Junior Translator in Armed Forces Headquarters (AFHQ), Junior Translator (JT)/Junior Hindi Translator (JHT) in subordinate offices who have adopted Model RRs of DoP&T for JT/ JHT: Level 6 (Rs.35400- 112400)
- Senior Hindi Translator in various Central Government Ministries/ Departments/ Offices: Level 7 (Rs.44900- 142400)
- Hindi Pradhyapak in Central Hindi Training Institute (CHTI): Level 8 (Rs.47600- 151100
About Staff Selection Commission
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an organisation which falls under the Govt. of India. It is respnsible for recruiting staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Govt. of India and in the Subordinate offices. SSC is responsible for conducting various SSC exams such as SSC Combines Graduate Level Exam, Hindi Translator, Central Police Organization, Junior Engineer etc. At present SSC has its headquarters in New Delhi. Also, it has several regional offices at Kolkata, Guhawati, Bangalore, Chennai etc.
SSC conducts the examination for the recruitment for the various posts such as Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator, Senior Hindi Translator and Hindi Pradhayapak. To be recruited as a teacher, the candidates need to be a citizen of India and must have a Master’s Degree (English / Hindi) in hand. There are 2 papers in SSC JHT Examination. Paper 1 is a computer-based exam wherein candidates will be tested on their concepts of Basic English and Hindi. Paper 2 is a descriptive type paper where in candidates have to write essays and translate the passages. After the results, candidates will be recruited as teachers in Ministries / Departments / Institutes in the Govt. of India.
To know more about SSC JHT 2019, Download the Notification.