UP PCS Syllabus 2022 – Candidates who are going to appear for the UP PCS 2022 must have a clear knowledge of UPPSC 2022 syllabus and the exam pattern to crack the exam. The UP PCS syllabus will definitely give a better understanding to the candidates about the exam pattern, what to study, what not to and section-wise marks distribution. UP PCS Exam is conducted in offline mode (OMR sheet) and it has MCQ type questions. Therefore to help out candidates so that they can prepare well for the UP PCS exam we have provided detailed information about the UP PCS Exam 2022 syllabus in this article. Candidates can download the UP PCS Syllabus PDF to refer to it whenever they need to see the syllabus. Read this article to find out more information about UP PCS Syllabus 2022.
UP PCS Syllabus 2022
Candidates must have a basic knowledge of the UP PCS Syllabus to prepare well for UP PCS Exam 2022. It is essential for the candidate to have knowledge about the UP PCS syllabus for the exam in order to proceed with the UP PCS Exam preparations. The UP PCS syllabus is provided below in this section:
UP PCS Prelims Syllabus
PAPER – I General Studies-I
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography
- Biodiversity, Climate Change, and General Issues on Environmental ecology, Biodiversity, and Climate Change
- Indian Polity and Governance
- Social Development and Economics.
- General Science
PAPER-II General Studies-II
- General English up to Class X level.
- General Hindi up to Class X level.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- General mental ability
- Statistics, Geometry, Arithmetic and Algebra.
- Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F.
- Ratio and proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Speed, Time, and Distance
- Simple and Compound interests
- Work and Time.
- Factors of polynomials, L.C.M., and H.C.F. of polynomials, quadratic equations, Remainder theorem and simultaneous linear equations.
- Set Theory – everything about the sets
- regarding the triangle, Constructions and theorems, trapezium and circles, rectangle, square, their perimeter and area.
- Volume and surface area of right circular Cone, Cube, the sphere, right circular cylinder.
Statistics:- cumulative frequency, Representation of data – Measures of Central tendency, Classification of data, Collection of data, frequency distribution. Median and Mode, Arithmetic mean, histogram, Pie chart, frequency polygon, Bar diagram, cumulative frequency curves (ogives)
GENERAL ENGLISH (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
- Active Voice and Passive Voice.
- Parts of Speech.
- Vocabulary & usage.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Transformation of Sentences.
- Direct and Indirect Speech.
- Punctuation and Spellings.
- Words Meanings.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह
- शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ,
- संधि, समास,
- विलोम शब्द,
- अनेकार्थी शब्द,
- पर्यायवाची शब्द
- मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ
- तत्सम एवं तद्भव, देशज, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
- उ.प्र. की मुख्य बोलियाँ
UP PCS Mains Syllabus
- Section A: (1) Literature and Culture. (2) Social sphere. (3) Political sphere.
- Section B: (1) Science, Environment and Technology. (2) Economic Sphere (3) Agriculture, Industry and Trade.
- Section C: (1) National and International Events. (2) Natural Calamities, Land slide, Earthquake, Deluge, Drought etc. (3) National Development programmes and projects.
- History of Indian Culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
- Modern Indian history (from A.D.1757 to A.D. 1947)
- The Freedom Struggle
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country (till 1965A.D.)
- Salient features of Indian Society and culture.
- Role of Women in society and women’s organization
- Meaning of liberalization, privatization and globalization and their effects on the economy, polity and social structure.
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
- Distribution of major natural resources of World
- Salient features of Physical Geography
- Oceanic resources of India and their potential.
- Human migration
- Frontiers and boundaries with reference to Indian sub-continent.
- Population and Settlements
- Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh
- Specific knowledge of U.P.- Geography
- Indian Constitution
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States
- Role of Finance Commission in Centre-State financial relations
- Parliament and State legislatures
- Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary
- Development processes
- Important aspects of governance
- Current affairs and events of Regional, State, National and International importance.
- Important International Institutions, Agencies their structure, mandate and functioning
- Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests- Indian diaspora
- Economic planning in India, objectives and achievements
- Issues of Poverty, Unemployment, Social justice and inclusive growth.
- Components of Government Budgets and Financial System.
- Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices
- Food processing and related industries in India
- Land reforms in India since independence.
- Effects of liberalization and globalization on the economy
- Science and Technology
- Achievements of Indians in science & technology and others
- Awareness in the fields of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Space Technology
- Environmental security and Ecosystems and others
- Disaster as a Non-traditional security and safety challenge, disaster mitigation and management.
- Challenges of International Security
- India’s internal security challenges
- Role, kind and mandate of security forces, Higher defence organizations in Indi
- Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh Economy
- Issues in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and Animal Husbandry.
- Law and Order and Civil Defence with special reference to U.P.
- Ethics and Human Interface
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service, integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public services, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker-sections.·
- Emotional Intelligence
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and the world.·
- Public/Civil Service Values and Ethics in Public Administration
- Probity in Governance
- Case studies on the above issues.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Animal Husbandry
- English Lit.
- Physics & Veterinary Science
- Urdu Lit.
- Hindi Lit.
- Sanskrit Lit.
- Political Science
- Commerce & Accountancy
- Sociology International Relations
- Public Administration
- Medical Science
- Civil Engineering
Note: Aspirants must note that the syllabus available above is purely based on the previous year notification.
UP PCS Exam Pattern 2022
The official UP PCS Exam Pattern can be downloaded from the official website of UP PCS, uppsc.up.nic.in. Check the UP PCS exam pattern below in this section for the students.
UP PCS Exam Pattern for Prelims
- Papers – 02 papers
- Objective type paper
- -1/3rd marks for incorrect answers
|Name of the Question Paper||Total marks||Total time|
|General Study||200||2 Hours|
UP PCS Exam Pattern for Main Exam
|General Hindi||150 marks|
|General Studies (First Paper)||200 marks|
|General Studies (Second Paper)||200 marks|
|General Studies (Third Paper)||200 marks|
|General Studies (Fourth Paper)||200 marks|
|Optional Paper 1||200 marks|
|Optional Paper 2||200 marks|
- Max mark of interview round – 100 marks
- Total marks: 1500 + 100 = 1600 marks
About UP PCS
The Uttar Pradesh Provincial Civil Services exam also known as Uttar Pradesh Combined State/Upper Subordinate Exam is conducted by the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC). The UP PCS exam is conducted in offline mode and candidates who wish to appear for the exam can directly apply through the official website of UPPSC, uppsc.up.nic.in. The UP PCS exam basically consists of 3 stages .i.e prelims, mains and the interview stage. Candidates who qualify all the three stages are only eligible to get the job.
UP PCS Syllabus 2022 FAQs
Ans. Aspirants can download UP PCS syllabus pdf from uppsc.up.nic.in and from this article.
Ans. There 02 subjects in UP PCs prelims whereas 08 subjects in UP PCs mains.
Ans. Candidates must start with UP PCS syllabus and exam pattern first. Thereafter, refer to best books for PCS preparations and practise some previous year papers
Ans. Yes. 1/3rd marks are deducted for every incorrect answer in PCS exam.