UP PCS Exam 2017 – Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) had published a notification in regardtof UP PCS Exam 2017 (Combined State Upper Subordinate Examination 2017). The recruitment is for 251 vacancies. Candidates who have successfully qualified the Pre exam have to apply for UP PCS Main Exam. Get here complete details of UP PCS Exam 2017 like Application process, admit card, result and other Important Information on this page below.
UP PCS Exam 2017 – The competitive examination comprises three successive stages viz:-(1) Preliminary Examination (Objective Type & Multiple choices). 2- Main Examination (Conventional Type, i.e. Written examination). 3- Viva- Voce (Personality Test).
UP PCS Exam 2017
The Public Service Commission, Uttar Pradesh shall hold UP PCS Exam 2017 (Combined State Upper Subordinate Examination 2017) for 251 various vacancies.
Brief Details of UP PCS Exam 2017
- Organisation Name: Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Job Location: Uttar Pradesh, India
- Number of Posts: 251
- Category: Govt Job
- Official website : www.uppsc.up.nic.in
|Start date of Online Application||09 May 2017|
|Last Date for Deposition of Examination Fee in the Bank||06 Jun 2017|
|Last Date for Submission of Application||09 Jun 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card for Prelims Exam||01 Sep 2017|
|Date of UP PCS Prelims Exam 2017||24 Sep 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card for Main Exam (Tentative)||TBA|
|Date of UP PCS Main Exam 2017||TBA|
The candidates must possess Bachelors Degree of any recognised University or equivalent qualification up to the last date of receipt of application. Candidates, please refer the advertisement given above for detailed eligibility criteria.
Age Limit –
- Age should be between 21 years to 40 years as on 01st July 2017.
- Age Relaxation will be applicable for SC/ST/OBC/PH etc category candidates.
UP PCS Exam 2017 – Exam Pattern
The competitive examination comprises three successive stages viz:- (1) Preliminary Examination (Objective Type & Multiple choices). 2- Main Examination (Conventional Type, i.e. Written examination). 3- Viva- Voce (Personality Test).
- Consisting of Two Papers (General Studies I & General Studies II) with each carrying 200 Marks.
- Both the papers shall be objective Type & multiple choice in which there shall be 150-100 questions Respectively. The timing of paper I will be from 9.30 to 11.30 A.M. and paper II from 2.30 to 4.30 P.M.
Note – Paper-II of the Preliminary Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%. (2) It is mandatory for the Candidates to appear in both the papers of Preliminary Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he does not appear in both in papers. (3) The merit of the Candidates will be determined on the basis of marks obtained in Paper-I of the Preliminary Examination.
Consisting of the following Test Papers with the Maximum Marks as here under:
- General Hindi: 150 Marks
- Essay: 150 Marks
- General Studies I: 200 Marks
- General Studies II: 200 Marks
- The timing of Examination Paper of 2 hours will be 9.30 am to 11.30 am and 2.30 pm to 4.30 pm.
- The timing of examination paper of 3 hours is 9.30 am to 12.30 pm & 2 pm to 5 pm.
- A candidate shall be required to obtain such minimum marks in the compulsory paper of General Hindi, as may be determined by the Government or the Commission, as the case may be. There shall be Two sections in all the question papers of all Optional subjects and each section will include Four questions. Candidates are required to answer only Five questions while they must select minimum, Two question from each section.
Personality Test / Viva-voce
Allotted to 200 Marks shall be based on the General Interest Keeping the Matters of Academic Interest in view and for General Awareness, Intelligence, Character, Expression Power, Personality and General Suitability for the Services.
For detailed syllabus of UP PCS Exam 2017, Candidates please refer the advertisement given above in quick link table.
Advertisement: Click Here